Ian Mackendrick Hendry (13 January 1931 24 December 1984) was an English stage, TV and movie actor. He was active from the late 1950s to his death, especially on stage and television.
The series The Avengers was originally conceived as a star vehicle for him in 1961, with Patrick Macnee as his co-star. The first season's production was marred by a strike and Hendry left to pursue movie roles, leaving Macnee as the show's main star. Three of his episodes have been saved, the rest is considered lost.
He passed away from stomach haemorrhage in 1984 at age 53.
- Sink the Bismarck! (1960) as Officer on the King George V
- Police Surgeon (1960) as Dr. Geoffrey Brent
- The Avengers (1961) as Dr. David Keel
- The New Avengers (1976) as Irwin Gunner
- Vendetta for the Saint (1969) as Alessandro Destamio
- The McKenzie Break (1970) as Major Perry
- Get Carter (1971) as Eric Paice
- The Lotus Eaters (1972-1973) as Erik Shepherd
- Theatre of Blood (1973) as Peregrine Devlin
- Captain Kronos-Vampire Hunter (1974) as Kerro
- Return of the Saint (1978) as Roy Gates