Debra Lynn Messing (born August 15, 1968 in New York City, New York) is an American actress who is best known for playing Grace Adler on NBC's Will & Grace. She also starred in the miniseries The Starter Wife and later The Mysteries of Laura.
She is active in various progressive causes, notably reprising her role as Grace on the condition that Grace be a feminist.
- NYPD Blue (1994-1995): Dana Abandando.
- A Walk In The Clouds (1995): Betty Sutton.
- Ned & Stacey (1995-1997): Stacey Colbert.
- Seinfeld (1996-1997): Beth Lookner.
- Prey (1998): Dr. Sloan Parker.
- Will & Grace (1998-2006, 2017-2020): Grace Adler.
- Jesus (1999): Mary Magdalene.
- The Mothman Prophecies (2002): Mary Klein.
- Hollywood Ending (2002): Lori.
- Along Came Polly (2004): Lisa Kramer.
- Open Season (2006): Ranger Beth (voice).
- The Starter Wife (2007-2008): Molly Kagan.
- Smash (2012-2013): Julia Houston.
- The Mysteries of Laura (2014-2016): Detective Laura Diamond.
- Dirty Dancing (2017): Marjorie Houseman.
- Searching (2018): Detective Rosemary Vick.
- Bathing Beauty: The promos for Mysteries of Laura put a lot of emphasis on a scene in which she relaxes in a hot tub while wearing a green swimsuit with a plunging neckline. She's also posted some photos of herself in the bath to her Instagram account.
- Older Than They Look: She is over fifty but you wouldn't know it from looking at her.