Satan's Hollow is a 2016 horror comic.
Sandra and her husband John go back to her childhood home in the countryside where her parents died in a mysterious car accident twenty years before. When people start disappearing and John seems to be somehow involved, Sandra slowly realizes that it's all connected to a labyrinth in the woods tied to satanic rituals, guarded by a malevolent spirit known only as the "Shadow Man".
This comic provides examples of:
- Absolute Cleavage: The Devil's Queen is mostly covered by exoskeleton-type armor, except for her front, which has most of her body exposed from her clavicle down to her pelvis.
- Belly Mouth: While John's soul is being tortured in hell, the female demon overseeing his treatment conjures a mouth in his chest to freak him out.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: The Shadow Man operates alongside Jacob, in the hope of opening up the portal to Hell in exchange for power.
- Big Red Devil:
- The Devil is a rather traditional horned red demon with hoofs.
- One of his closest demon servants also fits this description, although he's also wearing a Nazi Commissar Cap.
- Bondage Is Bad: The Devil's Queen oversees a coven of leather-clad dominatrices who torture the newly-arrived souls of Hell.
- Commissar Cap: One of the main five demons, the Devil's Executioner, is a Big Red Devil with an SS peaked cap, perhaps implying that he is a former Nazi who later became a demon.
- Demon Lords and Archdevils: The Devil is serviced by four lieutenants in his infernal court, namely his Queen (a succubus with Absolute Cleavage), his Squire (a spider-esque demon), his Executioner (a giant red demon with a Nazi cap), and his Reaper (The Grim Reaper with black wings).
- Demon of Human Origin: The Shadow Man was once a satan-worshipping human known as Burdaine. His goal was to become an arch-demon at the Devil's side, who instead turned him into a lesser demon to punish him for a previous failure, becoming a rather weak Living Shadow instead.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: The comic revolves around a Satanic cult trying to open a portal to hell through Human Sacrifice. In the backstory their previous leader messed up the ritual when his last victim escaped, and was turned into a Living Shadow by the Devil as punishment for his failure. The epilogue shows that the same fate has befallen his partner-in-crime.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Satan and the four members of his court. While they're the benefactor of the Shadow Man, who is trying to release them onto Earth in exchange for power, they spend their entire screentime in Hell waiting for the portal to be opened.
- The Grim Reaper: One of the members of the Devil's court is the Reaper, a Death-like demon with black wings and a scythe.
- Hot as Hell: There is a female demon/succubus in Hell's court who serves as Satan's Queen. She looks like a cross between a Xenomorph and Daenerys Targaryen, which is about as sexually confusing as it sounds.
- Living Shadow: The labyrinth is guarded by a living shadow known only as the Shadow Man. It's later revealed that he Was Once a Man known as Burdaine, and was turned into a shadow by the Devil himself as punishment for botching a ritual that would have given him access to Earth.
- Locked into Strangeness: A young boy who is attacked by ghosts while investigating the Hollow with his friend is later found with his hair turned completely white from the experience.
- Male Gaze: Sandra is rather easy on the eyes, with panels often surreptitiously focusing on her figure.
- Motive Rant: In the climax, Jacob gives a rather prolongued rant to Sandra to explain why he's performing the satanic ritual and the specific sacrifices that it involves.
- Spider People: The Devil's Squire is a demon-spider hybrid.