Trope names will not be spoiler-marked. Read on at your own risk.
Admiral Tommy Briggs, Chief of Naval Operations, US Navy
- Big Good: Seen as this by US Navy characters, since he's their ultimate superior and representative on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Loophole Abuse: Invoked this trope in Chapter 5 by giving Yvonne permission to break cover if she judged it was needed to survive. Come Chapter 6...
- Reasonable Authority Figure: A level headed flag officer who tries to strike a balance between idealism and pragmatism.
Commander Yvonne Swanson, Office of Naval Intelligence, US Navy
- A-Cup Angst: Is a tad annoyed when Kongo describes her as having a "flight deck chest." It's just another very subtle hint as to who she actually is.
- Commanding Coolness: Yvonne Swanson, though it's also deconstructed: Yvonne doesn't feel any special; she was just a junior officer who was bumped up to Commander because people senior to her got killed.
- Expy: Her physical description is a composite of Pacific's pre-refit Enterprise (slender build, flight deck chest) with Enterprise's unofficial post-refit design (really tall, long hair).
- Extreme Omnivore: Her tastes are rather...diverse. Muhallabia, Khao Neow Ma Muang, Peanut Butter cups, Durian, Ice Cream...and that's just what she eats NOW.
- King Incognito: The legendary USS Enterprise (CV-6) herself.
- Magnetic Hero: She's VERY good at getting people onto her side
Lieutenant Dakota Leigh Gatch, Advanced Naval Weapons Research and Development Division, US Navy
- Gadgeteer Genius / Wrench Wench: Involved in R&D to get the US Navy better weapons for fighting the Abyssals.
- King Incognito: Actually USS South Dakota (BB-57) in disguise
- Occidental Otaku: Unlike Yvonne, who learned Japanese as part of her duties, Dakota learned from watching Anime.
Mildred Marshall, Military Reporter, CNN
- Intrepid Reporter: She manages to get herself on Yvonne's team, with the role of handling public relations, after she blackmailed Yvonne's superiors. How did she do that and with what info? She knows that Yvonne is the Enterprise, and knows about the USN ship girl program. How does she know those things? She's also a ship girl herself, the USS Washington
- King Incognito: This one is more of a doozy compared to the other instances on this page. USS Washington (BB-56) in disguise. In fact, she was the very first ship girl summoned by the USN, and was immediately whisked away by the CIA (Her being a reporter is actually a cover for her being a CIA spook). Furthermore, none of the other ship girls, nor their superiors or anyone in the need-to-know even know of her existence. All they knew is that Washington was one of the ships they tried to summon and failed to get.
Admiral Shimada, JMSDF
- A Father to His Men: He clearly cares for his ship girls. Whether he cares too much is left as an exercise to the reader.
- Dirty Coward: Seen as this in-universe, as evidenced by Yvonne's enraged accusations when he revealed that he had ordered a withdrawal from Okinawa... leaving 1.5 million civilians, and the refugees, to die.
- General Failure: Is viewed as this by many parties for abandoning the Okinawa District. Okinawa would've ended in the massacre of his entire shipgirl force regardless of what he did, if the sight of Yvonne hadn't caused the Abyssal leader to go Screw This, I'm Outta Here!
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Decides that discretion is the better part of valor and retreats from a battle his fleet cannot win. Unfortunately, this makes him look like a dirty coward.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Stonewalls Yvonne's request for a submarine kanmusu by sending the one she requested (along with all the other subs on base) on an important mission just before she arrived.
Colonel Sakai, JGSDF
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He's just trying to provide for the refugees on Okinawa, and Shimada's making his job harder than it needs to be.