Characters of SGC Barbierian's Crafting Dead.
Played by SGC Barbierian.
Nick is the selfless and pacifistic leader of his team, alongside being the protagonist. A the main voice of reason within it, he's a sort of therapist to the group, taking care of their problems whenever he can. Despite none of his own troubles and traumas being address, he faithfully keeps the group together as "The Heart."
- Ambiguous Disorder: Has shown signs of insomnia, specifying that four hours of sleep was the best he'd gotten in a long time in a later season, along with the fact he always falls asleep on watch (which could be from getting no sleep at night). He also shows signs of PTSD, having violent nightmares of Red killing his friends and loved ones after Jordan's death.
- Battle Couple: With Ghetto.
- Break the Cutie: After Red continuously stalks and harrasses him and his group, then Ross kills Barney and leads to Sky's murder-suicide, once he learns of the Stranger's attack on the CDC and half-successful murder-spree, he truly starts breaking down. Before then, he was a lot more cheerful.
- Distressed Dude: He is repeatedly kidnapped and abused by the villains of the series; first by Red, multiple times, then again when Red and Ross team up, and finally by Lorenzo, following his murder of Nick's friends and family.
- The Heart: Definitely, especially with his group members. From talking with Sky about going after Ross, to his conversation with Ghetto about Jordan, he's definitely the glue that keeps his friends together.
- The Insomniac: Mentions that "four hours" of sleep was the best sleep he'd gotten in a while. Also, he seems to have a particular habit of falling asleep on watch, which could contribute to the fact he gets none during the night.
- Like Brother and Sister: With Shelby.
- Little "No": When Sky runs Ross off the roof of the White House.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Gender-inverted. He's cheerful and optimistic, often bringing other characters out of their shells. From the brooding Ghetto, to shy Shark, dark AK... he has a streak of lifting up other characters — especially in Ghetto's case, helping him out of the spiral he was sent down upon Jordan's demise. If there's one person who can lift him up, it's Nick.
- Mysterious Past: Somewhat. The most we learn about his past is that he used to go to Ikea with his grandmother.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Deconstructed. While it's difficult to have solid "designs" down for the characters, due to the nature of the show, Nick's skin involves mainly black-and-red coloring, and he's one of the kindest in the show.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With Ghetto. The former is more fiery, while Nick is his calmer, "voice of reason."
Played by The Ghetto Gamer.
Though somewhat arrogant and thoroughly too cocky for his own good, Ghetto is a good person and a good man at heart. The best friend and ally to Nick, despite their differences, is a determined man who'd do next to anything to get what was needed for the group's best chance of survival. However, after his... incident with a zombie, the Ghetto we've all learned to know and love has started to fade, though his humor and good sense is still there! For now.
- Battle Couple: With Nick.
- Berserk Button: Seen with Louis, and then Red, both regarding Jordan.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Is one of the more battle and action-seeking members of the part (from going after Red on his own to killing Louis), but also can be seen cracking jokes, and bantering with his teammates.
- Came Back Strong: Technically, he wasn't dead, but it was highly speculated both inside and outside of the show. Of course, when he came back, he immediately turned and shot Nick so it may be physically strong, but mentally? Who knows.
- Foil: To Red. Unlike Red, a cold, monotone, and admittedly murderous cannibal who takes as much pleasure as he can hurting and disturbing Nick, he's hot-headed, passionate, and Nick's best friend. Compare their relations to Jordan—Ghetto going out of his way to take care of the kid, while Red kidnapped him and then murdered him in cold blood—and it takes the comparison even further.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Let's admit it: Ghetto's a jackass. However, despite his jackass-ry, he's still a good character at heart, going out of his way to show affection for both Jordan and Nick, in his own, special, jackass way.
- Papa Wolf: With Jordan. He is fiercely protective of the kid, and as soon as he learns of Louis's help in killing Jordan, he goes after the man with no remorse, eventually killing him.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: After learning of Louis's apparent help in of planting the bomb in the explosion that kills Jordan, Ghetto retaliates by leading him to a top of the building, getting him to confess, and then shoving him off same building to his death.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With Nick. While Ghetto is the one to try and run off into battle, Nick's the one to hold him back.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: Ghetto's a good friend, caring deeply for his loved ones (such as Jordan and Nick), until you hurt them. Then, it's game over.
Played by hipo23
Introduced as an innocent kid, Jordan was an. Jordan was an innocent kid, really. Too good and too small for the harsh world they were thrown into, he was a sort of balancer for everyone else, reminding them that there were still things to fight for. Being closest with Ghetto and Nick, respectively, they cared very deeply for him and his safety. Until Red got the upper hand, of course.
Played by Official AK
Played by 09Sharkboy
- Sunglasses at Night: Shared with Sky.
Played by Sky Does Minecraft / Net Nobody
- Determinator: Even after being infected by Doctor Ross, and being, presumably, at death's door, he still has the guts to go and run Ross off the roof of the White House right before he is about to shoot Nick. However, the downside is that it kills him in the process.
- Rasputinian Death: He's infected with the virus, is severely weakened by it, fights his way through a zombie-infested White House to the roof without somehow attracting the attention of Ghetto or the rest of the group outside, then, after screaming at the top of his lungs, rushes Ross in a moment of blind rage and throws himself and the Doctor off the roof of the White House. Even after that, it is hinted that he may still be alive—or will be when Ross is through with him.
- Sunglasses at Night: Shared with Shark.
Played by That Guy Barney
- Back from the Dead: He gets revived by Doctor Ross after being infected and killed by Doctor Ross. Kind of ironic, if you ask me.
Played by Aphmau
- Action Girl: She's survived on her own for the majority of the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. Also, she's pretty handy with a gun and is confident enough to go after a major antagonist.
- Cute Bruiser: Jess is sweet to her friends, and isn't afraid to show that she cares for them... and she'll threaten you with a gun. With multiple guns.
Red's Cannibalistic Army (& Friends!)
Played by Red Vacktor
- Ax-Crazy: Kills a child, and shows no reaction or guilt for his actions. Is admittedly a cannibal, and when asked
- Color Motif: Red, as his name suggests.
- Foil: To Ghetto. Unlike Ghetto, who is Nick's hot-headed best friend, he is colder, monotone, and one of the worst people Nick would ever face off against. While Ghetto cares deeply for Jordan, Red takes no time in killing him mercilessly. Red could be described as borderline-sociopathic, while Ghetto couldn't hide an emotion if he tried to.
- Knight of Cerebus: Downplayed. While the series did have some serious undertones (being in a Zombie Apocalypse) beforehand, it was considerably more relaxed. Then Red showed up.
- Red Is Violent: Red. It's all in the name.