Characters of SGC Barbierian's Crafting Dead.
Played by SGC Barbierian.
Nick, at his core, puts others above himself. He is a very selfless person, despite the fact that it could hurt him, and through that is a very trusting person. His skills lie less with leadership, and more with keeping the group/his friends together as The Heart His own emotions, feelings and traumas are often pushed back in place of his friends, preferring to weigh the burden of others struggles instead of dealing with his own, leading him to, as well, be a very private person compared to his group members (while being one of the most fucked with and, ultimately, traumatized characters in the series).
- Battle Couple: With Ghetto, however, the status of "couple" may be foggy.
- Break the Cutie: After Red captures and threatens and hurts his loved ones, then again, after he learns of the Stranger's attack on the CDC and half-successful murder-spree. Before then, he was a lot more cheerful.
- Broken Bird: After learning of Shelby being infected, and then many of his friends' deaths, this is basically what Nick becomes. A quieter, meaner shell of himself, choosing to only trust himself and those who he's known for years. Compared to his younger, kinder, and more trusting self, it is a huge change from a person who'd once looked at the world with an open heart turn into a colder, hollower version.
- Distressed Dude: Nick Crafting Dead stop getting kidnapped by Red, Ross, Lorenzo... stop getting kidnapped challenge.
- The Heart: Definitely, especially with his group members. From talking with Sky about going after Ross, to his conversation with Ghetto about Jordan, he's definitely the glue that keeps his friends together.
- The Insomniac: Mentions that "four hours" of sleep was the best sleep he'd gotten in a while. Also, he seems to have a particular habit of falling asleep on watch, which could contribute to the fact he gets none during the night.
- Like Brother and Sister: With Shelby.
- Little "No": When Sky runs Ross off the roof of the White House.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: But male. He's cheerful and optimistic, often bringing other characters out of their shells. From the brooding Ghetto, to shy Shark, dark AK... he has a streak of lifting up other characters — especially in Ghetto's case, helping him out of the spiral he was sent down upon Jordan's demise. If there's one person who can lift him up, it's Nick.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With Ghetto. The former is more fiery, while Nick is his calmer, "voice of reason."
Played by The Ghetto Gamer.
Though somewhat arrogant and thoroughly too cocky for his own good, Ghetto is a good person and a good man at heart. The best friend and ally to Nick, despite their differences, is a determined man who'd do next to anything to get what was needed for the group's best chance of survival. However, after his... incident with a zombie, the Ghetto we've all learned to know and love has started to fade, though his humor and good sense is still there! For now.
- Battle Couple: With Nick, however, like before, "couple" may be foggy.
- Berserk Button: Seen with Louis, and then Red, both regarding Jordan.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Took out Louis, went after Red, shot Nick—he has a lot of fights under his belt. Though, despite them all, he's still funny as hell when he wants to be.
- Came Back Strong: Technically, he wasn't dead, but it was highly speculated both inside and outside of the show. Of course, when he came back, he immediately turned and shot Nick so it may be physically strong, but mentally? Who knows.
- Foil: To Red. Unlike Red, a cold, monotone, and admittedly murderous cannibal who takes as much pleasure as he can hurting and disturbing Nick, he's hot-headed, passionate, and Nick's best friend. Compare their relations to Jordan—Ghetto going out of his way to take care of the kid, while Red kidnapped him and then murdered him in cold blood—and it takes the comparison even further.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Let's admit it: Ghetto's a jackass. However, despite his jackass-ry, he's still a good character at heart, going out of his way to show affection for both Jordan and Nick, in his own, special, jackass way.
- Papa Wolf: With Jordan. He is fiercely protective of the kid, and violently went after the people who hurt him.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: After learning of Louis's apparent help in of planting the bomb in the explosion that kills Jordan, Ghetto retaliates by leading him to a top of the building, getting him to confess, and then shoving him off same building to his death. Christ, Ghetto.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With Nick. He's the sun to the former's moon.
Played by hipo23
Introduced as an innocent kid, Jordan was an. Jordan was an innocent kid, really. Too good and too small for the harsh world they were thrown into, he was a sort of balancer for everyone else, reminding them that there were still things to fight for. Being closest with Ghetto and Nick, respectively, they cared very deeply for him and his safety. Until Red got the upper hand, of course.
Played by Official AK
Played by 09Sharkboy
- Sunglasses at Night: Shared with Sky.
Played by Sky Does Minecraft / Net Nobody
- Determinator: Even after being infected by Doctor Ross, and being, presumably, at death's door, he still has the guts to go and run Ross off the roof of the White House right before he is about to shoot Nick. However, the downside is that it kills him in the process.
- Rasputinian Death: He's infected with the virus, is severely weakened by it, fights his way through a zombie-infested White House to the roof without somehow attracting the attention of Ghetto or the rest of the group outside, then, after screaming at the top of his lungs, rushes Ross in a moment of blind rage and throws himself and the Doctor off the roof of the White House. Even after that, it is hinted that he may still be alive—or will be when Ross is through with him.
- Sunglasses at Night: Shared with Shark.
Played by That Guy Barney
- Back from the Dead: He gets revived by Doctor Ross after being infected and killed by Doctor Ross. Kind of ironic, if you ask me.
Played by Aphmau
- Action Girl: She's survived on her own for the majority of the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. Also, she's pretty handy with a gun and is confident enough to go after a major antagonist.
- Cute Bruiser: Jess is sweet to her friends, and isn't afraid to show that she cares for them... and she'll threaten you with a gun. With multiple guns.
Red's Cannibalistic Army (& Friends!)
Played by Red Vacktor
- Ax-Crazy: Kills a child, and shows no reaction or guilt for his actions. Is admittedly a cannibal, and when asked about it, all he says is, "Everyone's gotta eat."
- Foil: To Ghetto. Unlike Ghetto, who is Nick's hot-headed best friend, he is colder, monotone, and one of the worst people Nick would ever face off against. While Ghetto cares deeply for Jordan, Red takes no time in killing him mercilessly. Red could be described as borderline-sociopathic, while Ghetto couldn't hide an emotion if he tried to.
- Red Is Violent: Red. It's all in the name.