KreeA black bird from the northeast. He fled south to the Forests of Silence after his family was eaten by the sorceress Thaegan, where he met Jasmine. The two have been near inseparable ever since.
- Cool Pet: To Jasmine.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His family were murdered by Thaegan when he was a baby, and he had to flee to the Forests to survive, where he was taken in by Jasmine.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Kree pricks the sorceress Thaegan's index finger to prevent her from enchanting Lief, Jasmine and Barda, and inadvertently causes her death and the end of the Ralads' and D'Or curses.
- Family of Choice: For Kree, Jasmine and Filli are his family.
- Interspecies Friendship: With Jasmine and Filli.
- The Mole: Accidently acts as this in the third series. From the beginning of their quest to destroy the Sisters the trio are confused that their enemies seem to know exactly where to find them at any given moment; in The Sister of the South Jasmine finally realises that this is because someone planted a bug in Kree while he was delivering a message to Doom in Del, and that Kree was an inadvertent mole. No one blames him, of course.
- Near-Death Experience: Almost dies is The Lake of Tears after fighting Jin and Jod. Jasmine uses the nectar from the Lilies of Life to heal him.
- Parental Abandonment: Kree's parents were killed by Thaegan long ago.
FilliA small furry creature who also lived with Jasmine in the Forests of Silence.
- All There in the Manual: While it is never stated out right what exactly he is, it is implied in Secrets of Deltora that he is a creature called a Siski, which also features a rather ambiguous description.
ChettAn ape-like creature called a Polypan. He is owned by the captain of the River Queen and later by the band of pirates who raided it.
Fury and FlashA pair of fighting spiders owned by Jinks and Glock respectively. Later taken to the world below the world, where they eventually came to be owned by Penn.
- Blood Knight: Like all fighting spiders, Fury and Flash will fight any other fighting spider they come across, which is usually each other.
- Determinator: Fury goes to enormous lengths to reach and challenge Flash to a rematch.
- Pet Monstrosity: Tarantulas have nothing on these spiders.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After a fighting spider has lost a fight to another, they will do ANYTHING to challenge the victor to a rematch.
- Spiders Are Scary: Most of the Pirrans who see the pair are not keen to be anywhere near them. The heroes probably would be too, if they weren't badasses.
- Those Two Guys: Their only defining trait is the need to fight and kill the other.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Settle for this after nearly being eaten by the Arach.
Honey, Bella and SwiftThree Horses used by Lief, Barda and Jasmine respectively on their third quest.
EbonyThe fastest of the messenger birds trained by Jasmine.
Guardian beasts of Deltora. Near extinct due to attacks by the Shadow Lord's Ak-Baba.
FidelisGolden Dragon of the Topaz.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Lief and Barda encounter him beneath the Os-Mine hills when they're searching underground for Jasmine. In addition, he's is first encountered while conscious in Dragon's Nest, but doesn't play a pivotal role until The Sister of the South.
- Meaningful Name: His name is Latin for faith.
JoyeuRed Dragon of the Ruby.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- Shows up to save the cast from the transformed Rolf in the nick of time.
- Snaps an Ak-Baba's neck with her powerful jaws in the Grand Finale after being called by Lief.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Her battle against her imposter lasts merely seconds and ends in her victory.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is French for joy.
- Weapon of Choice: Illustrations, and to a lesser degree the text, put emphasis on her extremely powerful jaws.
- The Worf Effect: As mentioned above, her first battle against a creature her size ends in seconds in her favor. When she encounters the Sister of the East, however, she is reduced to requiring the strength of the ruby to destroy it.
FortunaStarry Dragon of the Lapis Lazuli.
- Badass Bookworm: Prides itself on being able to read maps.
- Big Damn Heroes: Shows up during the Grand Finale to turn the tide against the Ak-Baba.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is Latin for fortune.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Far more willing to cross into the territory of other dragons.
- Troll: Besides the notion of doing the right thing, Fortuna also seems to like the idea of entering emerald territory just to annoy her.
HonoraGreen Dragon of the Emerald.
- Berserk Button: Oh Fortuna, you just had to break your vow by entering the territory of the dragon of honor, didn't you?
- Big Damn Heroes:
- Busts into Shadowgate in the nick of time to rescue Lief and aid him in destroying the Sister of the North.
- Later arrives to incinerate an Ak-Baba when called by Lief in the Grand Finale.
- The Big Guy: She is the largest of the dragons up until the introduction of Hopian.
- Hypocrite: She is first introduced driving Fortuna away from her territory. She later crosses into amethyst territory herself to try and keep the emerald within her own territory. Jasmine calls her out on this.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is Latin for honor.
VeritasPurple Dragon of the Amethyst.
- Badass in Distress: Lief entered the amethyst territory briefly, which woke Veritas within the sand dune he'd been sleeping in. Unfortunately, Lief was then swept out of Deltora, leaving Veirtas trapped for ten days.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- Shows up just in time to save the cast from the local Kobb.
- Shows up in the Grand Finale, causing the remaining Ak-Baba to finally flee.
- Brutal Honesty: He is not afraid to speak bluntly if he feels the need to.
- Meaningful Name: His name is Latin for Truth.
- Nice Guy: He's very much the most willing to help Lief, and even takes Forta under his wing (pun not intended).
- Worf Had the Flu: He's very much weakened for most of Isle of the Dead, through a combination of general exhaustion and the Sister of the West he struggles significantly against most problems he faces. When faced with the Sister of the West in person however, he incinerates it with extreme prejudice.
FortaGlittering Dragon of the Diamond. It was found as an egg found in the clutches of its mother's bones and hatched upon sensing the great diamond.
- Dead Guy Junior: Named after its own mother by Veritas.
- Meaningful Name: Its name is Latin for strength.
HopianRainbow Dragon of the Opal.
- The Big Guy: Easily the biggest of the dragons.
- Flat Character: Due to the nature of Lief's travels (including travelling without the Belt of Deltora for a while), he never awoke during the quest to destroy the Four Sisters; only waking in time for the climax.
- Meaningful Name: His name is Old English for Hope.
- Weapon of Choice: Its prominent talons.