"The Miitopia Adventure" was an attempt to blog Brittneyof Hyrule's play through of the title game, which fell prey to Development Hell. While the original blog of the same name is still active, most of the juiciest story tidbits can be found on this page.
From there, she turned her new slice of paradise into a settlement of inter-dimencinal timeshares. Ruling as the island's defacto leader, Brittney attended to the (often chaotic) needs of her residents, and things looked like they would go smoothly for the foreseeable future....
So naturally, all hell breaks loose!
- backstory under construction -
Tropes that apply to The Miitopia Adventure include...
- Aerith and Bob: Fairly normal names like Brittney, Kimberly, Emily and Lloyd are seen alongside the far more exotic Howl, Mipha, P.I.X.A.L. and Tetra.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: Dark Lord Rumple thrice curses Brittney (which seals away her current powers each time) and kidnaps all of her companions, forcing her to quickly recruit new teams of heroes with new abilities. To say that this inspires and fuels her desire to exact revenge on the Dark Lord would be an understatement!
- Cruel Mercy: Doled out by Brittney to the Dark Curse upon her victory over him. The Dark Curse is actually the soul of Subspace's Tabuu. Only, the spirit was so distorted by his initial defeat in The Emissary and being re-awakened/shunned in Miitopia that all it could remember was a thirst for revenge. Brittney felt a slight bit of pity for the literal aching soul and wanted to give it peace, but held firm that he couldn't just walk away from what he did. So, she gave him a face of his own and the chance for a new life on **Outset** Island. However, she "punished" him with a puny new name (Elio Whatshisface), a birthmark on the opposite cheek from her own (so he'll never forget who defeated him), and the fact that being a normal Mii means he'll be stripped of all his powers.
- Guest-Star Party Member: Happens pretty often, especially towards the end of the adventure and in the epilogue.
- Heart Trauma: Just like in their home story, fire demon Calcifer has Howl's heart engulfed in his flames. However, this doesn't seem to have any effect on his personality.
- Intoxication Ensues: Frequently and Played for Laughs. Between campfire mushroom roasting gone wrong, enemy-induced status effects during battles, Bayonetta's semi-intoxicating "Health Potion", and Brittney's bender in the Orange Caves, it's safe to say that nobody escaped this adventure without getting wasted at some point.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Downplayed and Zigzagged. 10 is definitely on the high end of numbers for a group of main heroes, but isn't too hard to keep track of. However, with the high frequency of new characters being introduced to the plot, the grand total of important people skyrockets.
- Loophole Abuse: Attempted by Morro quite a few times in his efforts to court Brittney. Brittney's marriage to Howl is only valid on **Outset** Island, so Morro thinks he has a shot with Brittney because her own law technically makes her single in Miitopia.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Naturally, due to the original function of the island as an inter-dimensional vacation spot. The first team of heroes consists of characters from Studio Ghibli and Nintendo. Later on, characters from Ninjago, Starvs The Forcesof Evil, Once Upon A Time, Archer, and freaking Bayonetta get thrown into the mix! (And that's just scratching the surface of series' that are represented!)
- Negated Moment of Awesome: When the captured teammates attempt to mount their escape from Dark Lord Rumple's Castle, it quickly becomes this.
- Power at a Price: In a last ditch effort to save her, Howl sends Calcifer into Brittney's heart after witnessing her powers being taken; hoping that she'll be able to use their combined magic to defend herself. Howl is left in an extremely weakened state as a result, because Calcifer is the source of Howl's most powerful magic. Brittney also feels odd symptoms from Calcifer, such as high fevers.
- Secret Circle of Secrets: Brittney apparently allowed Mr. Gold to form a secret society for the fun of it, with its headquarters being the basement of **Outset** island's apartment complex.
- Victory Is Boring: Brittney seems to think so in the week following the Dark Curse being broken, as the adrenaline of the journey wears off. Fortunately, her wait for excitement doesn't last long!