- The first use of the Giga Slave was pretty awesome, especially (in the dub) with Lina yelling "NOW LET'S SEE WHO THE FOOL REALLY IS! GIGA SLAAAAAVVVE!" Evolution-R's version is even better.
- The fight against Zanafar in Season 1, after Lina gets healed, turned out to be pretty awesome. Especially when Amelia and Zelgadis are pouring on spells into the Sword of Light for Gourry to use.
- The first use of the Ragna Blade to cut through dimensional space in NEXT.
- During the battle with Hellmaster Phibrizzo, Sylphiel suddenly reveals she has learned the Dragon Slave spell.
- The kicker is that she apparently learned it just to impress Gourry... and she pulled it off perfectly in sync with Lina's own casting. This, from the same girl whose Flare Arrow spells were so ridiculously weak that they looked like tiny carrots. Lina and Phibrizzo are both quite surprised and impressed.
- As Phibrizzo starts killing the cast off one by one by crushing their souls, Zangulus says that he's surrendering, even bending a knee to Phibrizzo as he asks to be set free. After a pause, Zangulus JUMPS into the air, sword raised, ready to cut Phibrizzo in half. Sadly, Phibrizzo crushes his soul before this can happen, but even then Zangulus smirks in his face and says "I almost had ya..."
- Martina being the one to finally get Lina to use said Giga Slave. MARTINA.
- The Lord of Nightmares appearing after the Giga Slave started to go crazy and utterly wasting Hellmaster Phibrizo tops it all off, being possibly the most awesome moment in the series.
- In Revolution, Lina and Gourry's team attack of the Ragna Blade and the Sword of Light into Zanafar was freaking INSANE!
- The Ragna Blade is almost always its own CMOA. For example, in Evolution-R, Lina uses it after Zuuma killed his own son. What made it more awesome was that she did it WITHOUT CHANTING!
- Prince Pokota sacrificing himself to save his people THREE TIMES!
- In episode 10 of TRY, Zelgadis fends off Jillas' mooks by going Guns Akimbo after an Unflinching Walk through the bullets. Yes, Zel pulled an Alucard. Doubles as Actor Allusion in the English dub. Guess who voiced Alucard?
- Amelia and Nama both fighting a dragon while Amelia is stuck inside Nama, and executing a Pacifist Crush together. It's awesome enough to make Zelgadis cry. And doubles as a heartwarming moment when you remember that Nama is really Amelia's long lost sister Gracia aka Naga.
- It's more or less played for laughs, but in the first film, Naga shows off her intelligence by accurately analyzing the artificially enhanced hot-spring water and calling out the owners for their deception.
- Episode 23 of NEXT, a mind controlled Gourry takes on the whole team plus Zangulus and nearly defeats them all with little effort, showing what the Sword of Light is really capable of when he absorbs a Dragon Slave and fires it back like it was nothing. It takes Lina's Ragna Blade clashing with the Sword of Light even bring the fight to a draw. This fight really goes to show just how freaking deadly Gourry could be.
- Whenever Gourry shows off just how much sheer brute strength he has.
- When fighting some berserkers in season 1, Gourry swings his steel sword at a berserker, but it dodges and the blade gets lodged in a tree trunk. Instead of trying to pull it out as the berserker comes up behind him, Gourry just pushes his blade through the entire tree trunk and cuts the berserker down.
- In TRY, Gourry gives Valgaav a roundhouse kick Chuck Norris would be proud of, sending the mazoku-ancient dragon hybrid skidding back and making him stagger for a moment out of both pain and surprise.
- Fan opinions vary on what each individual character's CMoA is, but it seems to be fan conensus that the climax of NEXT is the show's as a whole. Lina has been spending the entire season doing everything she can not to use the Giga Slave after finding out that making a single, tiny mistake in the casting of it would destroy the universe, so naturally Hellmaster Phibrizzo has been spending the entire season trying to force her to use the Giga Slave so that he can make it go out of control. At this point, he's easily withstood two simultaneous Dragon Slaves, one of which was amplified, and Lina's second strongest spell, the Ragna Blade. When Phibrizzo is about to kill Gourry right before her eyes, however, Lina finally cracks and uses the Giga Slave... and her wish to save Gourry winds up being so strong and pure that it amplifies the spell to the point of actually summoning the Lord of Nightmares into Lina's body instead of just calling on her power. The Lord Of Nightmares proceeds to mop the floor with Phibrizzo with pretty much zero effort. After finding out that Lina has been absorbed into the chaos that makes up the Lord of Nightmares, Gourry chases her into another dimension, giving up the Sword of Light and pleading for Lina to come back to him, and just when it looks like she's gone for good the Lord of Nightmares recreates Lina right in Gourry's arms, and the two of them share their first kiss. They both return to reality holding each other and with no memory of what happened.
- An awesome and funny moment from the first season of Slayers: After Zolf tries to attack Lina and Gourry by surprise, the two heroes make short work of his trolls by turning their healing powers against them with pebbles and a magic spell, causing them to disappear into nothingness. Right afterward, Lina prepares a spell to use against Zolf, sending him screaming and running away from the inn...from a harmless ball of light. The best mages learn to master the simple spells as well as the city-destroying ones ("DRAGON SLAVE!").
- Another first season example: While fighting some mooks, Gourry swings his sword at one and misses, embedding the blade into a tree trunk. Rather than pulling the blade out to attack the mook creeping up behind him, Gourry simply pushes the blade right through the tree and cuts the mook in half, all in one motion, proving just how brutally strong this mostly normal human is in a world full of monsters and magic.
- The very first time he uses the Sword of Light is one by default.
- During the second half of Revolution episode 8, Xellos reminds us just how powerful he is.
- Slayers Evolution-R: Xellos destroys the Assassin Zuuma in mere seconds, who gave Lina and co. such a hard time throughout the season. To be fair he was caught off guard.
- In Evolution-R episode 12 there's a very short but amazingly epic battle. The reason for this is both opponents being incredibly powerful. And the tongue.
- Even Sylphiel gets her chance to shine in episode 25 of the first season, when she revives a nearly dead Lina by herself.
- 11 Nagas storming a castle in the first OVA.
Awesome / Slayers