Sure, Player Characters are bound to cause a Moment of Awesome by default. However, even in Golarion canon, many truly awesome things happen. We're going to cover both.
open/close all folders
On the Tabletop
- This post comes from a Rise of the Runelords player who, in an act of desperation, tried to push a giant angel statue onto the Lamia Matriarch boss. While she was flying. And the attack had the chance of bringing down the belltower the players were in. And the attack has a -12 to hit. Not only does he actually hit her, he CRITICALS and kills the lamia matriarch in ONE BLOW.
- This thread was created PRECISELY to add to this very page.
- Ladies, Gentlemen, and Others, That Guy (Who) Destroys Psionics. Nothing says overpowered like eliminating psionic powers from the multiverse.
- Double duty of a Funny moment: MagusJanus accidentally summons the Tarrasque four times in one campaign. And lives.
- The Tale of an Industrious Rogue starts out with one group finding a portal to the quasielemental plane of salt. The titular rogue, Hassan, decides to capitalize on this infinite amount of salt by starting a salt trade. From that point, the story evolves from Hassan gaining a monopoly on the salt trade to [[spoiler: beginning a multiplanar cartel involving Dao, Night Hags and Denizens of Leng. Hassan and his group later succeed in driving an aboleth insane, bankrupting and overrunning the city of Katapesh, creating a gigantic war between devils and angels that were purified and corrupted respectively by their hand and ultimately engineering an Orbital Bombardment system involving iron golems to wipe out every capital city in Golarion. Eventually, they test this system on Mechitar, opening a fantastic black hole that begins to eat all of Golarion. In a last ditch effort as the world begins to collapse around them, the group rushes to the starstone in order to become gods and survive the impending apocalypse. Only Hassan succeeds, turning into a new god of greed. A story of audacious depravity and utter ingenuity if there ever was one.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Video Game
- Attaining the secret ending. It's a massive Guide Dang It!, but damn is it satisfying. To summarize, after informing Nyrissa about what you've learned regarding how curses in the Stolen Lands work, she concocts a plan. You first gain the aid of the other three Eldest - the Lost Prince gives you advice, Magdh the Three gives you a mask the Lantern King had discarded when he was far younger, and Shyka the Many tells you that it must be done after he's been defeated and his confidence broken. Upon defeating him, Nyrissa informs him that she rejects his curse, turning the anguish of a thousand fallen kingdoms back upon him, rendering him mortal, and awaiting your own contribution.
This is all the Lantern King is able to say. You feel a heavy burden, invisible and ominous, lift from your shoulders and dash towards your enemy. An enemy who is now, after Nyrissa's words, mortal and vulnerable.
Your curse falls upon the Eldest like a gravestone. The power that was tearing your soul apart, along with the kingdom, now devours him
— and faster than one could imagine. The light flashes out. The power fades. A moment later, all you see is a fiery crown, tumbling to the ground and shattering with a piercing clink
- There's something to be said for defeating him outside this ending, too. In that case, you don't have advice from the Eldest, you don't have the tools to for his downfall—you just have yourself, your True Companions, and sheer grit. And you still beat him. You can't kill him, but you beat him, and he's so genuinely surprised and impressed that he offers you a deal on the spot.
- In Pitax, with high enough Persuasion and some good evidence, you can extract promises from almost all of Irovetti's advisors (Stefano requires a Chaotic alignment) to help you when negotiations inevitably fall through. In this case, when he gives the order for his men to attack you, you are treated to the sight of every single one of them turning on him. Now that's a revolution.
Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Video Game