open/close all folders
The Pinkie Conundrum
- Pinkie beating The Doctor in a game of chess.
- Pinkie calling The Doctor out for basing his opinion of Ponyville on a few small things, and not seeing it for all it's worth. When she mentions a few things like Sweet Apple Acres and Rainbow Dash's Cloud House, he is understandably impressed.
- Which of the Mane 6 is the first to completely agree to travel with The Doctor? Fluttershy, because she knows The Doctor needs someone with him. Doubles as a Heartwarming Moment.
Game of Stones
- The Doctor fixes and improves Rarity's clock in a few minutes.
- Dash and AJ saving Leonard's life.
- The Doctor finally saying "Somepony" instead of "Somebody" without being prompted.
- The Doctor gets quite a few speeches in this one. None of them disappoint.
- Leonard standing up against Graphis in spite of the odds.
- AJ breaks into "Fancy" to criticize Oreo.
- The Doctor calls out AJ on treating Marr like a monster based on her appearance.
- Graphis's Dad explaining why his son has utterly failed to receive his approval.
- Lady Astrolia's epic "The Reason You Suck" Speech to almost everypony in Roan.Astrolia: So I leave Roan, my most stable city and home, in capable hooves, certain that things will be handled in my absence while I attend to the needs of my subjects abroad. SURELY, I thought, if any matters that need my attention arise, I would be notified So your father sends letters, informing me of a terrible thing befalling the ponies under his care, that it keeps him awake at night and nothing he has done has managed to discover the cause. When I was begged to return in order to set this horrible thing right I was concerned. However, I trusted that this matter would be resolved quickly on its own, as the ponies of Roan were surely among the brightest and bravest among all of my cities. It was like watching a foal attempting a task for the first time. You have to stay back or they will never learn so I kept my distance, watching, wondering what might be taking so long WHY I was still receiving summons to come and sort this out WHY my agents in the city reported that the situation was not getting better, but was in fact growing worse That ponies were so afraid they were unable to speak of their problems that the Guard ignored the needs of the citizens and the noble houses dismissed claims of disappearances And so I was concerned But does ANYPONY other than the Duke ask for my aid? No ? How VERY odd. Do any of the other eleven cities hear of their allys needs and send ponies to investigate? No ? Why one might ALMOST think that perhaps there are those who dont WISH me to be informed of the situation. Does the Critique, my own academic elite, sworn to serve the best interest of Roan bother to put their educated minds to the task of unraveling the mystery, studying the attacks, realizing in their study WHAT was behind it? Why, NO! They are far too busy playing merchant kings! In all of my years as your Empress I have NEVER been so disappointed- Nay... DISGUSTED by my own nobility! In a single decade of my absence, with the exception of Grand Denarius, you have ALL completely lost touch with your purpose!
Along Came A Spider
- Applebloom carries Zecora back to Ponyville on her own, saving her from the Roc at first.
- One goes to the Weather Management, in that Equestria hasn't had a drought in so long that Fluttershy doesn't even know what a drought is.
- The Doctor defends the Zebra's religious beliefs by poking holes in Twilight's.
- The Doctor survives enough tranqs to knock out a dragon.
- The Doctor's utter dismissal of The Prophet and his escape.
- Twilight is actually able to keep up with The Doctor at this point, very quickly explaining why Fluttershy's plan to leave and come back won't work.
- Filly!Zecora finishes the cure on her own and becomes the first Zebra to get a cutie mark.
- Twilight saving The Doctor and Zilaka from being executed a la Demon's Run. Of course, fans of Doctor Who remember that that didn't end well. It doesn't go much better here.
- Fluttershy overcoming her fear yet again to try and save the others. It didn't pan out, but it's the thought that counts.
- The Doctor gives The Summation about who Anasi is, how he's going to beat her, and the sprinkles on the awesome sundae is that just before that, there's a link to "I Am The Doctor".
- Twilight saves everyone by casting a huge amount of magic despite having been gelded.
- Fluttershy saves Zecora and gets the Roc to turn tail and run via The Stare.
- Actually, given that the Roc ignores her and flies away once Zecora is no longer on death's door, it's more likely that the Roc simply stopped and left because it wasn't needed anymore. Considering that the Roc is a gigantic bird of prey that drains the life out of anything it touches, it was still damned awesome for Fluttershy to throw herself in its way, though.
A Hearth's Warming Tale
- When the other kids turn mean due to the humbugs Scootaloo outruns a 'Snow Armada'.
- Scootaloo has been able to survive living on her own for years on end.
- The Doctor determines Gloomy Gus's backstory via an epic Sherlock Scan.
- When in comes down to the wire, Scootaloo pulls a trifecta. First she drenches herself in peppermint, then proceeds to fight off the entire swarm of humbugs and finishes up by saving Hearth's Warming at the last possible moment.