Happy Family (宝贝女儿好妈妈) is a 2004 Chinese animated series and the first work by Creative Power Entertaining. It is about an ordinary family called the Chens who live in China.
Happy Family provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: The show eventually got a second season which has much, much more detailed art and fluid animation than the first one.
- Dancing Theme: The opening shows the various characters of the show dancing to the theme song "You can be beautiful too".
- Gratuitous English: "You can be beautiful too" is the only line of English in the otherwise-Chinese theme song.
- Limited Animation: This is Creative Power Entertaining's first work, and as such, it has rough art and its animation is less fluid than their later works. The second season averts this by having much more detailed and fluid animation.
- Literal Cliffhanger: In "Adventure in the Forest", Xiaodi slips and hangs to the edge of a cliff while out camping in the wilderness. Her sister Dadi tries to help her up, both they both fall off the edge.
- The Movie: Got one in 2012 titled Happy Family - Snowball the Memory Gobbler (宝贝女儿好妈妈之吃记忆的大雪球).
- Pie-Eyed: This shape is used for the eyes of the dancing flowers in the opening.
- Pie in the Face: Season 1's end credits sequence has a scene where the mother opens a box and is hit by a pie that was attached to it with a spring.
- Slice of Life: It showcases days in the life of an ordinary Chinese family.
- The Song Remains the Same: The English dub keeps the theme song in Chinese.
- Sweat Drop: Used quite frequently. For example, in "Adventure in the Forest", the characters have sweat drops when they get home and find out that the place is not as they left it.