Creative Power Entertaining Co., Ltd. is a Chinese animation studio in Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, and owned by Alpha Group Co., Ltd., an animation and toy company, since 2013. They released their first series, Happy Family, in 2004, but they really became popular when they released Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf in 2005 and made it their Cash Cow Franchise.
They've also made some other shows since then. Their shows are all comedic, Animesque, and aimed at kids. While Pleasant Goat is popular in China, their other shows are mostly obscure, unsuccessful Short-Runners. All of their works, including Pleasant Goat, are almost completely unknown in the West.
Works by Creative Power Entertaining:
- Happy Family (2004)
- Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf (2005)
- Cookie Master (2008)
- Planet of 7 Colors (2009)
- Legendary Soccer Kid (2010)
- Fun Alliance (2016)
In addition, Creative Power Entertaining is involved with these works, though they did not create them:
- Happy Heroes - They had a hand in the third movie, The Stones.
"Let our tropes entertain you!":
- Animesque: They tend to have an animesque style in their works.
- Inconsistent Dub: They're a bit inconsistent with how they translate their slogan. They can't decide between it being "Let's bring more laughter to the world with our colors!" or it being "Let our colors entertain you!", though the latter is used more often.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Most of their English dubs cannot be found in their entirety, with the exception of a number of their English dubs of Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf.
- Line to God: They interact with their English-speaking fans quite frequently on YouTube. They're willing to answer questions about their shows.
- Mouth Flaps: They animate their characters with very simplistic lip movements, their mouths simply flapping up and down without syncing to the dialogue. There are certain instances where their lip movements are more complexly-animated, though.
- Officially Shortened Title: They've abbreviated themselves as CPE.
- One-Hit Wonder: None of their works have taken off in the same way that Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf has.
- Short-Runners: Their shows tend not to last more than one or two seasons. The only exception is Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf, which is a Long Runner.
- Slogans: They always use the motto, "Let our colors entertain you!", especially on their website. Sometimes it's, "Let's bring more laughter to the world with our colors!", though they haven't exactly made the entire world laugh...
- Sudden Name Change: They used to be known as Creative Cartoon Network before they changed their name to Creative Power Entertaining. They might have changed their name to avoid confusion with the American Cartoon Network.
- Super-Deformed: The humanoid characters that feature in their series tend to have chibi-esque designs.