Ruthless People: When the house is infected with termites, half the family stay with Pop Pop and the others stay with Aunt Ruth.
What Wood Lincoln Do?: Lincoln has to complete a woodworking assignment, but has a history of failure on the topic.
- Continuity Nod: The Louds, excluding Lana and Mrs. Loud, dislike going to Auth Ruth's house.
- Fainting: Mr. Loud faints upon seeing the termites. It takes Lana's smelly shoe to wake him up again.
- Here We Go Again!: When Lincoln, Lori, Lola, Luna, Lynn, and Mr. Loud finally go to Aunt Ruth's lake house, they find out the place is infested by the very same termites that infested their house, thanks to Lana saving them from being exterminated.
- Hypocrite: Mr. Loud. First he berates his kids that they should make the best of any situation, even staying at Aunt Ruth's. But then he gets sent to Aunt Ruth as well, and starts acting the same way as Lincoln, Lori, Lola, Luna, and Lynn.
- Impact Silhouette: The catalyst for the whole episode is Lynn smashing her way through Lincoln's bedroom wall, leaving a Lynn-shaped hole in it. Her justification for this is that she's been "getting pretty ripped".
- Karma Houdini: Lana is the one who indirectly causes a majority of the episode's problems, and she receives no punishment or karma for her actions, instead being rewarded with luxuries such as a lake house that she proceeds to indirectly ruin with the termites, and then a cruise.
- Tempting Fate:
- When Lana protests the termites being exterminated and asks how much damage they could possibly do, she promptly breaks the floor in Lincoln's room.
- After a bad day at the retirement home, as well as finding out that the others are staying at Aunt Ruth's lake house, when Lori declares things can't get any worse, Lynn farts.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: The episode ends with Lincoln, Lori, Lola, Luna, Lynn, and Mr. Loud ending up at Aunt Ruth's house due to Lana saving the termites and bringing them with her to Aunt Ruth's lake house.
What Wood Lincoln Do?
- Absentee Actor: None of Lincoln's sisters appear in this episode, though Lucy is once mentioned by Rita.
- Brick Joke: At the start of the episode, Clyde confesses he has the same problem with blowing up balloons as Lincoln with wood working. At the end of the episode, Mrs. Johnson announces that the class' next project involves balloons.
- Continuity Nod: The class doesn't laugh when Mrs. Johnson tells a pun related to their class project.
- Fainting: Lincoln is so bad at woodworking that merely looking at any blueprints already has this effect on him.
- Feathered Fiend: Walt becomes this when Lincoln borrows his birdhouse but then doesn't bring it back in time.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: When Lincoln tries to get out of having to build a dresser for Mrs. Johnson, he tries several of these excuses in a row, but she has an answer to all of them.
- Maintain the Lie: Lincoln lies about being an expert woodworker by having his mom build a step-stool and borrowing Walt's birdhouse. This results in Mrs. Johnson wanting him to build a dresser for her.
- Oh, Crap!: Clyde's reaction at the end of the episode when Mrs. Johnson announces that the class' next project involves balloons.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Clyde gives Mrs. Johnson a pity laugh when no one laughs at her pun.
- Toilet Humor: Perhaps a literal example; while shopping for building materials, Mrs. Loud accidentally bumps into Lincoln with her shopping cart and he ends up falling into a toilet. Fortunately for him, it's a showroom model.