Meanwhile Upstairs by EveryDayArtist is yet another Buildingverse Fan Webcomic. This one begins with a some new tenants: John f-ing Taylor, Doctor Spencer Reid and Agent Derek Morgan, and also focuses on characters who don't get as much limelight in other series, like Aziraphale, Crowley, James, Javert and supporting cast members from Les MisÚrables.To date it's more of a Gag-per-Day Webcomic (or two-three days umm pages) with no overarching storyline than other most additions to the 'verse, but who knows what the future brings.
This comic provides examples of:
- Bullying a Dragon: Grantaire has an obvious deathwish... or is just too drunk to care here.
- Diving Save: James to save Toby then he promptly needs saving too.
- The Dreaded: John f-ing Taylor to everything magical. This includes Jareth.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Well, it focuses on people who live on the higher floors of Buildning 42.
- Geographic Flexibility: Lampshaded. "How long has that hill been there?!"
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Les MisÚrables, Good Omens, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nightside, Labyrinth, Criminal Minds etc.
- Medium Awareness: Not the most self-aware addition to the 'verse, but there is still a page where some heroic characters discuss how Being Good Sucks and consider founding a "Why Me?" support group.
- Misery Poker: James and Reid about the consequences of heroism, and being fangirled.
- Mistaken for Gay: Crowley likes to invoke his Ho Yay status with Azira in-universe for a lot of squees (for the great annoyance of Azira).
- Plant Person: While immobile and not able to speak, but Crowley's houseplants are intelligent, and psychic enough to know when he gets home well before he actually opens the door.
- Recursive Fanfiction: A Roommates spin off.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Reid needed a new place because he blew up the last one.