Now you know Sonic X
, right? The fourth incarnation of the blue blur's animated adventures?
Well, take that series, strip away the audio track
, rewrite the story and re-edit practically everything
, and you get the first Abridged Series
/Completely edited series
of the whole Sonic the Hedgehog
You see, Sonic F adapts, re-works and mocks
what was once a Cut-and-Paste Translation
of the second anime version of Sonic
, which was originally intended to be more faithful to the games before the whole Westernization process
It is worth noticing that there were several attempts at creating Abridged Series
for the anime OVA
as well as Sonic X
, but those eventually became Orphaned Series
. Therefore, the Sonic F
series has transcended everything. Everything.
Created by Cyberlink420 and Gamebuddy123, episodes are released under the banner of Sonic Paradox
, the same Sonic fanimation team responsible for the Sonic Shorts series
Check out their YouTube
and their Twitter account here
- Abridged Series: Okay, so it doesn't say so in the title. But still.
- Actually Pretty Funny
- Aesop Amnesia: After getting brushed off once again in Episode 5, Amy complains to Sonic that she'll one day find someone "nice and reliable, who doesn't treat [her] like garbage." But of course Sonic knows that will never happen.
- April Fools' Day: A tradition still going strong.
Eggman: At last, that meddlesome hedgehog is dead, and the world is finally mine! And boy, was that ever an impressive victory! I'd hate to be the guy who wasn't there to see it!
- 2012: They did a Sonic Underground version of "WTF Pokemon!?!" (seen here), on the episode "Friend or Foe".
- 2013: A one-shot parody of Aoi Sekai No Chuushin De, titled "A Sucky No Choosing Day".
- 2014: A teaser for a new series, "NIV", the gag of which was later revealed in Episode 12.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Brutally Parodied:
Chris: Cream! Aren't you still mad about-
Cream: I'm only six years old. I have the attention span of a hamster, so I've already forgotten why I was angry- OOH A SHINY OBJECT!,
- Also invoked with Rouge, after she blunders into a trap set by the GUN:
- Berserk Button: Amy has a literal one behind glass in episode 9. Said glass gets SHATTERED when Eggman destroys the bracelet she made for Sonic.
- Better Than a Bare Bulb: Getting there.
- Brick Joke: In Episode 6, Chris falls down and apparently breaks the stairs. In the very next episode, Sonic falls down the stairs and complains loudly why nobody has fixed them yet.
- Midway through episode 12, Eggman's seen ordering a pizza. At the very end of the episode after his base gets destroyed and he wonders how his day could get any worse, the delivery boy informs him that the pizza's cold.
- Calling Your Attacks: Knuckles does this after playing too many fighting games, much to the annoyance of Sonic. Oddly enough, the second time doesn't help Sonic avoid it as he's too distracted to hear Knuckles screaming.
- Child Hater: Mr. Stewart.
- Child abuse helps Amy get through the day.
- Crazy Cat Lady: What Chuck thinks of Amy as in Episode 4:
Chuck: Aaaaaand that's several more levels. Good job, Amy!
The first step towards my transition into Crazy Cat Lady
- Deadpan Snarker: Appropriately, Sonic is the main source of snark, but this is taken to new heights in his "Let's You and Him Fight" episode with Knuckles, outright Trolling Knux over how dumb and gullible he was for falling for Eggman's lies for about the 2056th time.
GUN Officer: Are you sure the Engine Room is this way?
Topaz: You know? The Engine Room? The ENTIRE reason we're here in the first place?
Topaz: ...Great. That's just perfect! (Looks at watch) And NOW the sun's about to come, oh, what a wonderful way to start MY morning!!
- Double Entendre: Rouge loves these; making suggestive comments whenever possible. 50% of her lines consist of crude euphemisms, gems, and crude euphemisms about gems. This goes to 100% of her dialogue when Topaz is present.
- Ending Theme: An a-capella rendition of the original Sonic 1 ending theme combined with Sonic's Song from AOStH makes for some Crowning Music of Awesome.
- Aaaaah! It's the thing that doesn't exist!
- Even Evil Has Standards: Dr. Eggman doesn't tell Decoe and Bocoe how baseball is known as such in both worlds, simply because it would spoil the endings to most video games, and that would just be rude.
- Expy: Decoe and Bocoe for Scratch and Grounder respectively, even moreso than in the source material.
- Fanon Discontinuity: In-universe: Knuckles adamantly insists that he has never owned a pet dinosaur.
- Foreshadowing: Done at least once. Mercilessly lampshaded.
- Hammer Space: Episode 5:
Chris: Uh, where were you keeping that screwdriver?
Tails: You're better off not knowing. Trust me.
- Ironic Echo Cut: Done in episode 3.
- I Have Many Names: Poor Ivo...
Dr. Robotnik: My name is Doctor Eggman!.. Er, I mean, Robotnik!.. Uh, Kintobor! Oh, forget it.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Episode 5.
Now to do things old-school. (spindashes)
Spin nice knowing ya, Knux. Ha ha. Knuckles: (catches Sonic)
That was terrible! Sonic:
So is Your Mom
- Jump Physics: Sonic's Illogically High Jump Attack. "Take that, physics!"
- Kent Brockman News: Scarlett tends to do this.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Lampshaded.
Sonic: "It's Cream and Cheese!"
Chris: "Friends of yours?"
Sonic: "More like obligatory kid appeal characters."
- Leitmotif: Mr. Stewart's thoughts are always accompanied by a remix of the Safe Room soundtrack from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
- Medium Awareness: At least of the Sonic franchise. Examples are all over this page.
- Monster of the Week: Used in the original, so it must be lampshaded here:
: "I'll be back, you lousy hedgehog! And then I'll be back again! And again and again each and every episode! Long live the Monster of the Week formula!!
- Ms. Fanservice: Rouge, oh God, Rouge.
I can't believe they called me for this. No lines and I just sit here like some incredibly hot gargoyle? Oh, this is some bullsh-
(Cue explosion) WHOA!!!
- Scarlet too, apparently is Station Square's version of Robin Scherbatsky in that she's beautiful, works for a TV company and their voices are actually kinda alike.
Scarlet: Scarlet Garcia, news reporter and Station Square sex symbol on the scene.
- And earlier in the series.
- No Indoor Voice: Danny.
Danny: ONLY THE WORST. VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS. WOULD DOOOOOOO IIIIIT!
- Off Model: This series likes pointing out every example of this that it can find.
- Original Flavor: Several of the voices. Gamebuddy, in particular, makes an awesome Drummond impression.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: During Episode 4, Chris learns of the Chaos Emeralds, and finds that they're suspiciously similar to Dragonba- COMPLETELY. ORIGINAL. CONCEPT.
- Real Men Wear Pink:
- Reverse Polarity: Tails invokes this in Episode 5.
Tails: Now all I need to do is reroute the connection here and reverse the polarity o-
- Shipper on Deck: Amy writes Tails x Cream fanfiction. Tails is, understandably, not too happy about this.
- Shout-Out: Has its own page now!
- Shown Their Work: It's pretty clear the creators know a lot about Sonic.
- Sound Effect Bleep: Curse words tend to have sound effects from the games thrown over them.
- Stalker with a Crush: Eggman toward Scarlett, the news reporter lady, apparently. She mentions getting calls from him and being sick of it on air and on TV.
- Super Drowning Skills: Lampshaded. Well, he does sink like a rock in Aquarium Park...
- Also lampshaded in Episode 5, even when he wasn't in any danger of drowning.
Oh, God no! Not the water! I can hear the countdown music already!!
- Justified in that Sonic is actually paranoid of bodies of water, as of Episode 9:
- Take That:
- The 2013 April Fools prank was a one-shot parody of Aoi Sekai No Chuushin De, but done in a slightly more scathing fashion than it does to Sonic X, namely criticizing the dark, meanspirited nature of it and the gratuitous Fanservice.
- The show, of course, takes more than a few shots at Sonic's infamous fanbase, particularly in Episode 9.
Eggman: Drag him in until he sinks as low as his fanbase!
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!:
Sonic: And that was for my butt, bitch!
- This Means War!: Sonic accepts Knuckles's challenge after Robotnik's TV blows up in his face.
- Vocal Evolution: Gamebuddy's work as Sonic is consistently good, but he improves as Cream and Chris over the episodes.