may be a
notable Youtube Poop
-er, he sure is far from being the only one.
Nicholas Walstrom, better known by his Walrusguy
moniker, is pretty much one of the most notable poopers, and according to some fans, there is quite a wide array of reasons the quality of his work might even surpass
that of Deepercutt himself.
He rose to further fame when his account got suspended by
Colgate because of his nasty Alternate Character Interpretation
of the company's mascot, the anthropomorphic hare dentist Dr. Rabbit, only for him to come back with even more Dr. Rabbit-centered poops as a response.
Unfortunately, not long after Colgate realized they shouldn't be so strict about the (mis)treatment of their "beloved" mascot, Walrusguy was hacked by anonymous hater
(s), resulting in his account being closed. He did return, but with all of his videos gone, and a message that he would quit making poops. His final work, "One More Final: I need You(tube Poop)"
, is a truly gut-wrenching
farewell to the entire world of Youtube Poop
The WalrusGuy account still exists as of 2011, but is mostly devoted to posting random stuff that wouldn't fit in on Walstrom's other page, NAveryW. He's currently working on his own Web Animation
series called Enthalpy
...Until he came back to the game, that is. After nearly two years of inactivity, he released An Unimportant Announcement
, and despite being released on April first
, he then came out with three more a month later, and since then has released them at slow but definitely certain updates. Gwonam's Gweat Adventuwe
, for example, is also his longest poop at nearly ten minutes of sentence-mixing majesty.
However, despite the fact that WalrusGuy's formerly uploaded Poops aren't on his account anymore, FEAR NOT! A particularly dedicated fan of his created an account, called WalrusGuyMEMORIAL
, in order to re-upload said lost poops, thus allowing new generations of poopers to have an example to use as a basis for their work. And unlike what happened with fellow former Pooper I Am The Gang
- who doesn't even want his own, old poops to be re-uploaded again (not that other users such as IAmThaGang or ImTheGang care)
- Walstrom himself approves of the new channel.
Walrusguy uses the following tropes in his works:
- Affectionate Parody: The Dr. Rabbit poops started out as this, but after Colgate's flagging of his videos they became much more venomous.
- Arc Words: GENDO IS A JERK
- Author Appeal: There are tons of shout outs in his poops, but Neon Genesis Evangelion undoubtedly stands above the others.*
- Bittersweet Ending: "One More Final: I Need You(tube Poop)." Both Link and Mama Luigi overcome their grief for the loss of their loved ones. It's also a bittersweet end for Walrusguy's pooping career, who made it clear he will never return to poop, thus ending an era in Youtube Poop. Until he did return.
- Black Comedy Rape: Christopher McDonald gets anally raped by flubber at the end of "Robin".
- Bungled Suicide: How the events of "One More Final: I Need You(tube Poop)" happen - Link, despondent after Zelda and the King die, decides to take his own life by jumping off a bridge. He lands on Yoshi, slowly killing him.
- Whatever happens in "Gwonam's Gweat Adventuwe; or, Dino Time Enough for Love". Gwonam attempts to commit suicide early on, but to make a long and senseless (It is YouTube Poop, after all) story short, he's alive by the end. To be more precise, the first suicide attempt was merely bungled. The second and third times were real; he just kept getting brought back to life, one time as a gargoyle.
- Comically Missing the Point: Luigi in the fittingly named poop "Luigi Just Won't Accept The Truth" just doesn't seem to realize that he won't be getting "lotsa spaghetti" at their picnic, even after Mario tells him that the Princess can't make spaghetti.
Luigi: Well, maybe a Koopa will give us his!
Mario: No...can't you get the hint?
- Continuity Creep: Especially near the end, culminating in the Grand Finale. Little consistences such as the Zelda group's dynamic and Dr. Rabbit's lust for Carmen and hatred for black people (particularly Tandi) piled up and became more established, resulting in what could almost be called a canon.
- Deconstruction: Walrusguy's last poop, "One More Final: I Need You(tube Poop)" was a Deconstructor Fleet for the entire Youtube Poop world* . Kinda flittingly, given the deconstructory fleet the poop is named after. You can guess to which effect.
- Dissonant Serenity: Dr. Rabbit. See Alternate Character Interpretation on the YMMV page.
- Downer Ending: The "Bowser the Foodstealer" trilogy unexpectedly concludes with one, which doubles as a Shout-Out to Futurama(It even uses the same music in the scene it's making a shout-out to). The White House has been thrown into the Mushroom Sea by Bowser, Kootie Pie takes over America, all the kids in America have been turned to stone and Gwonam and Link continue waiting for Dr. Rabbit, the only person who can defeat Bowser. He never shows up.
- Driven to Suicide:
- "One More Final" does this twice. Zelda learns that the King was killed by Ganon, which drives her to overdose on sleeping pills. Link finds out the next morning, which drives him to jump off a bridge. He lands on Yoshi, who cushions his fall and is mortally wounded as a result. Once Mama Luigi comes after him with murderous intent, Link puts up no resistance, but Luigi denies Link the death he wants in the end. The poop ends in a Distant Finale, with Link visiting Zelda's grave 20 years after these events.
- Gwonam, in Gwonam's Gweat Adventuwe, when he learns Dino Time isn't coming out on the expected date. Fortunately for him, the afterlife is apparently watching the film. Unfortunately for him, he keeps coming back to life, forcing him to keep finding ways to kill himself. (Just to drive it all home, each time is accompanied with "Suicide is Painless".)
- Even Evil Has Standards: As shown in "Robotnik Says the N-Word", even Grounder has a problem with racial slurs (or with swearing):
Grounder: Ooooh...Dr. Robotnik said a bad word!
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Subverted with Mario Farts in Luigi's Face For Twenty Four Seconds While I Play Unfitting Music.
- Fake-Out Opening:
- Fission Mailed: "Widescreen ruins Youtube Poop" plays with this trope when it uses a fake "loading ring".
- Gag Penis: The Faces of Evil opening is redone with Link and Gwonam sporting massive erections.
- Grand Finale: Walrusguy's last poop before being Un-Canceled.
- He's Back: He released a video on April 1, 2013, so understandably, people thought it was a prank until more videos were released in the days that followed.
- Killer Rabbit: Dr. Rabbit, in some incarnations.
- Lampshade Hanging: "The Only Mama Luigi Poop Anyone Has Ever Made". The title isn't just an allusion; it's Walrusguy himself admitting that, before then, the opening of Mama Luigi was just an excuse to keep Dr. Rabbit appearing until later in the video, in order to trick viewers (read: Colgate) into thinking the poop wasn't about Dr. Rabbit.*
- Manipulative Editing: it's unanimously agreed that the most evident sign of Walrusguy Growing the Beard is how good he got at this. His "last" poop, "One More Final: I Need You(tube Poop)" is a shining example, but what is widely regarded as the absolute epitome of this among his works is surely "Link Gets a Job at Gwonam's Restaurant So He Can Earn Enough Money to Buy a Playstation 3". It must be seen to be believed.
- No Fourth Wall: "Widescreen ruins Youtube Poop", although in a more subtle way, relying on the meta aspect of the trope.
- Nonindicative Name: "Mario Farts in Luigi's Face For Twenty Four Seconds While I Play Unfitting Music". Aside from the title itself, its description tries to confirm that "nothing else happens in the video", which isn't entirely true. Of course, farting in Luigi's face is the point of the video, but only at the beginning. Then, even within 24 mere seconds, there's a Halfway Plot Switch about... er, the outcome of excessive farting.
- Not That Kind of Doctor: Dr. Rabbit.
- Overly Long Gag: There's quite a few of these.
- Shout-Out: Among others, many, many to Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- Sophisticated as Hell: "Gwonam's Gweat Adventuwe" sentence-mixes the voiceover from the Dino Time trailer to recite a few relevant lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: There's quite a few examples thrown in here and there, but one notable example is his first poop, in that the trope was pulled off unintentionally. Sure, the somewhat jazzy track used for the introduction may be fitting and all for a "Nicholas Walstrom presents" effect, but let's not forget the title of the poop in question is "Link gets cancer".
- Spiritual Successor: Waxonator.
- Stylistic Suck: "The Only Youtube Poop Walrusguy Has Ever Made Removed Because It's Horrible" is a deliberate parody of the incoherent and nonsensical Special Effects Failure that mediocre poopers try to disguise as humor. You can tell it's a parody simply because those aspects are cranked up several notches.
- Take That: Two of his poops are entirely dedicated to mock two of YouTube's sometimes-seen-as controversial changes, namely "Widescreen ruins Youtube Poop" and "Morshu accidentally gives Link plastic surgery instead of lamp oil". The former makes fun of the pillarboxing that the widescreen player added to videos with a 4:3 aspect ratio (which, at the time, were a large majority of videos), while the latter deconstructs the effects that pop-up ads would have if they could affect the events happening in a video.