Video Game: Hyper Light Drifter
Hyper Light Drifter is an upcoming 2D Action RPG by Heart Machine, funded by Kickstarter.You play as a Drifter of this world, collectors of forgotten knowledge, lost technologies and broken histories. This particular Drifter suffers from a chronic illness, setting him on a journey to Find the Cure.You can find the Kickstarter page here.
Hyper Light Drifter provides examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Finding all the secrets in the preview build unlocks a room with a white cape.
- Badass Cape: The Drifter has an awesome looking mantle.
- The Cameo:
- The Drifter makes a cameo in Shantae: Half-Genie Hero for Kickstarter backers to that game pledging $12 or more, they would receive a code and they would meet him during Risky Mode to give her a quest, Risky would then receive the "Drifter Blade" after completing the quest.
- Risky Boots from Shantae makes a cameo in this game.
- Charged Attack: The rifle does more damage the longer it is held before firing.
- One-Hit Polykill: It passes through enemies and can easily result in this on full charge.
- Cool Sword: The Drifter's primary weapon is a Hard Light Laser Blade.
- Dash Attack/Video Game Dashing: The Dash Module. A Multi-use gear that enables a triple speed dash; can be used to evade attacks, cut across gaps and chasms, break through certain blocks and rubble and even stun enemies.
- Deflector Shields: The Drifter has one. A rechargeable Hard Light Diamond shield which offers total protection from attacks for a short burst of time. If timed correctly projectiles can be reflected back at enemies for extra damage.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: The protagonist is named for his profession.
- Find the Cure: The Drifter's goal.
- Glass Cannon: The Drifter has been described as this by the developers.
- Possibly Fragile Speedster as well.
- Hard Light: A lot of technology the Drifter uses and can find uses this
- Highly Visible Ninja: The Drifter has the speed and general appearance of a ninja
- Though it seems more to be a case of Technicolor Ninja
- Laser Blade
- The Musketeer: The Drifter has a Hard Light Laser Blade as his primary weapon and can wield guns.
- Three-Quarters View
- Schizo Tech: Laser Swords and deflector shields,
- Science Fantasy