Recap: Futurama M 2 The Beast With A Billion Backs
Professor Farnsworth tries to solve the mystery behind the interdimensional anomaly that's been seen in the sky since Bender's Big Score. Meanwhile, Fry dates a female police officer named Colleen (voiced by Brittany Murphy, in what would sadly be her last voiceover rolenote ) who is in a polyamorous relationship with four other guys, Amy becomes Kif's fon-fon-ru, and Bender joins a secret society of robots that everyone else thinks isn't real.
- Adam and Eve Plot: Zapp suggests he and Leela repopulate the human race when it seems that the two of them and Amy are the last un-tentacled humans on the planet. It doesn't work, though Zapp does end up sleeping with a grief-stricken Amy. It's not the last time he'll bring it up.
- Back from the Dead: Kif gets killed early on in a botched attempt to attack the anomaly. Yivo brings him back later on.
- Black Comedy: Being of the Futurama equation, we're provided with quite a bit of this. A notable example would be Bender reuniting with his estranged first-born son in a heartwarming reunion scene, then taking him to the Robot Devil's office and punting the child into a vat of electric magma, which kills the tortured robots inside. The Robot Devil's reaction:Robot Devil: Wow, that was pretty brutal even by my standards.
- The Dog Bites Back: Kif punches Zapp in the belly at the end for sleeping with Amy while Kif was dead.
- The Dragon: Fry. And as "tentacle-pope of the world", he's surprisingly competent.
- Eldritch Abomination: Yivo is an extremely friendly and sympathetic version of this.
- Enormous Engagement Ring: Yivo proposes to the universe with one of these ultra-large rings.
- Fanservice: Amy funeral outfit◊. And she was the WIDOW!
- Before, her bride outfit for the Fon Fon-Rubok ceremony.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Upon completion of the Fon Fon-Rubok ceremony in "The Beast With A Billion Backs", Amy joyously declares "Oh, Kif, this is just like a movie with this happening in it!"
- Love Freak: Yivo, along with anyone with one of shkler tentacles in their neck.
- Punny Name / Getting Crap Past the Radar: The title is a parody on "the beast with two backs", which is a euphemism for sex and famously heard in the Shakespeare play Othello.
- Spoof Aesop: Love that shares itself with the world isn't real love, because real love is selfish and greedy.
- Touch of the Monster: "Calamari Surprise" version on the cover of "The Beast with a Billion Backs", showing Leela in a skimpy nightdress struggling in the grip of Naughty Tentacles as the rest of the cast look on in horror.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Fry wants to shove a tentacle into everyone in the universe so he can "share the love" with them.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: When Fry comes back from the other universe with a tentacle attached to him, he speaks like this until Leela makes fun of it.
- You Said You Would Let Me Go: Zoidberg's reaction to the Professor after the game of Deathball in, "The Beast With a Billion Backs, Part I".Farnsworth: Congratulations, Deathballers! We've won the right to explore the anomaly!Zoidberg: What? I thought I was playing for my freedom!Farnsworth (offhandedly): No.