Creator: Brittany Murphy
Brittany Murphy (November 10, 1977 — December 20, 2009) was an American actress, singer and voice over artist. Mostly known for playing pretty, perky, adorably ditzy girls in films like Clueless and Uptown Girls, she also showed skill in playing damaged characters in more serious fare such as Girl Interrupted and the indie film The Dead Girl.Probably Brittany Murphy's longest lasting role was as the voice of Luanne Platter in the long-running animated comedy King of the Hill (she also voiced Joseph Gribble until the season five episode "I Don't Wanna Wait..." in which Joseph goes through puberty and his pubescent voice is provided by Breckin Meyer). She also did voice work in animated penguin musical Happy Feet and the Futurama movie The Beast with a Billion Backs which, sadly, ended with her character "leaving Earth for heaven".As a singer, she collaborated with Paul Oakenfold on the 2006 single 'Faster Kill Pussycat' and also sung as part of her role in the aforementioned Happy Feet.She passed away unexpectedly at the age of 32 on Sunday, December 20, 2009, of pneumonia with secondary iron-deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication, which caused her to go into full cardiac arrest while she was in her shower. The mold in her house was originally said to be the cause of her death, but that's since been debunked. Tragically, her husband also passed away five months after her death. Recently, Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, had her hair tested by an independent lab, which concluded that the hair contained unusually high levels of heavy metals and thus she was likely deliberately poisoned. Murphy's mother says the idea that her daughter was poisoned is "absurd", pointed out that "benign products such as hair dye or foods could cause a similar buildup", and said that she found it disgusting that Murphy's father only seemed to care about her after she became famous and after her death. It has since been revealed that "hair analysis is typically not used as evidence unless it is supported by blood and tissue tests, which Bartoletti did not have done and which the coroner didn't see fit to have done for heavy-metal poisoning".Something Wicked, her final movie, was released in April 2014.The Brittany Murphy Story, a Lifetime Original Movie starring Last Man Standing's Amanda Fuller, premiered September 6, 2014. It wasn't well received.Not to be confused with Brittany Maynard, as a number of journalists have (sad to say) done.
Some of the works Brittany Murphy has appeared in:
- 8 Mile
- Across The Hallnote
- The Dead Girl
- Don't Say A Word
- Drop Dead Gorgeous
- Girl Interrupted
- Happy Feet
- Little Black Book
- Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (voice role)
- The Prophecy II
- The Ramen Girl
- Sin City
- Uptown Girls
Tropes associated with Brittany Murphy include:
- The Deep South - A Native of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A few of her roles, namely Sarah in Just Married.
- Hotter and Sexier: Her role in Sin City showed a lot more skin than she normally did.
- The Makeover: Was included on E!'s 100 Most Starlicious Makeovers. Early in her career she was brunette and a little chunky. She slimmed down and went blonde - which is a more recognisable image of her.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: Although known for playing airheaded or deeply troubled characters, she was described as a sweetheart and very loving by those who knew her.
- Southern Belle: Puts on the typical accent for her role in Sin City.
- Token Wholesome: Her romcom characters tended to be wholesome, with references to sex only implied. Sin City was the obvious exception.