So the villain's got the hero cornered. As a mocking gesture, the villain asks the hero if there are any last words he would like to say before he dies. The hero would often make a snappy comeback, a "The Reason You Suck" Speech
or a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner
, depending on what's going on or what's going through his mind.
A villain who asks this will usually make a comment on what they think of those last words - whether they're good or bad.
Usually related to Pre Ass Kicking One Liner
or Bond One-Liner
Anime and Manga
- In South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, as Terrence and Phillip are about to be executed, Sheila asks them is they have any last words. Phillip responds "Hows aboot 'Get me the fuck out of this chair!?'"
- Played for laughs in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, as Quasimodo and Phoebus are about to be hanged during the Court of Miracles number.
Clopin: Any last words?
- During the sword fight of Pixar's Up, Mr.Fredericksen is cornered. The villain says, "Any last words, Fredericksen? Come on, spit it out!" Mr.Fredericksen promptly spits his false teeth in his face.
- From Flushed Away:
Spike: Any last requests?
Roddy: Yes. Could you fly, quite suddenly, off the boat, screaming like a girl?
(is jerked off the boat by a cord)
- The pilot short for The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy has Grim ask this to Mandy as he prepares to win the limbo game and claim Mr. Snuggles' soul. Mandy's reply is "Two words: kiss-kiss!", which causes Mr. Snuggles to attack Grim, causing him to lose and be Billy and Mandy's friend forever.
- In The Ren & Stimpy Show episode "An Abe Divided", Sergeant Big-Butt asks this to Ren and Stimpy before she punishes them for destroying the Lincoln Memorial. Ren responds by attempting to pin the blame on Stimpy.
- In the Gravity Falls episode, "Headhunters", the wax Sherlock Holmes says this when he has Dipper cornered on the roof. Dipper replies "Got any sunscreen?" and much to the wax Sherlock Holmes's surprise the sun rises, causing him to melt.
- Birdman episode "Professor Nightshade". After the title villain captures Birdman he asks him this question before trying to send him into the fourth dimension (time) to be lost forever.