Any last words? Didn't think so.So the villain's got the hero cornered. As a mocking gesture, the villain asks the hero if there are any last words he would like to say before he dies. The hero would often make a snappy comeback, a "The Reason You Suck" Speech or a Pre-Asskicking One-Liner, depending on what's going on or what's going through his mind. A villain who asks this will usually make a comment on what they think of those last words - whether they're good or bad. Usually related to Pre-Asskicking One-Liner or Bond One-Liner.
— Item description for Chaotic Executioner Hood in AdventureQuest Worlds
Examples:Anime and Manga
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light, after blasting Yami Yugi and preparing to finish him off, Kaiba asks if he has any last requests. Yami refuses to dignify it with a response.
- El Cazador de la Bruja. Nadie's Catch Phrase and Pre Ass Kicking One Liner is "If you have any last words, say them now."
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker - Joker has just unveiled his plan to carve a giant smiley-face into Gotham via Kill Sat, taking out Wayne Manor, Terry's family and his girlfriend in the process.
Joker: How about it, kid? Any last words for the old Bat-fart?
Terry: Yeah. Sic 'em! (Ace attacks Joker)
- In South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, as Terrence and Phillip are about to be executed, Sheila asks them is they have any last words. Phillip responds "Hows aboot 'Get me the fuck out of this chair!?'"
- Played for laughs in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, as Quasimodo and Phoebus are about to be hanged during the Court of Miracles number.
Clopin: Any last words?(their words are muffled by the rags in their mouths)
- During the sword fight of Pixar's Up, Mr.Fredericksen is cornered. The villain says, "Any last words, Fredericksen? Come on, spit it out!" Mr. Fredericksen promptly spits his false teeth in his face.
- From Flushed Away:
Spike: Any last requests?
Roddy: Yes. Could you fly, quite suddenly, off the boat, screaming like a girl?
Spike: What? (is jerked off the boat by the cord he's attached to) AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
- In Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction Prison Island Break, Head Warden Mephiles asks the injured and helpless Nack the Weasel if he has any last words.
Mephiles: I'm a decent warden. So do you have any memorable last words, Westhall?Nack: Yeah... Guess I'm gonna die the way I lived... at the wrong end of a gun.Mephiles: Very nice. Very... poetic. (shoots twice) Now you get to die... all alone.
- In the climax of Jumanji. Van Pelt has Alan at gunpoint as one of his dice seems to roll endlessly into the basement. As Van pelt asks if he has any words to say before he kills him, the die finally stops rolling and Alan's space moves to the finish line, and he makes his last word "Jumanji!", which causes Van Pelt to get sucked back into the game.
- In Enchanted, Prince Edward says this when he believes that Robert has kidnapped Giselle.
Edward: Have you any last words before I dispatch you?Robert: You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!Edward: Strange words.
- "HULK... SMASH!"
- In the Family Matters episode "A Pirate's Life for Me", Steve, Carl and Laura are walking the plank and they're asked this when they use Steve's time watch to go back to the present.
Steve: So long, suckers!
Captain: That's an odd choice of words.
- In the Castle episode "Once Upon a Time in the West", the murder is done by the proprietor of an establishment. When Castle confronts him, he pulls out a gun and asks this question. Castle's response: "If I survive this, Iím giving this place a scathing review on Yelp."
- Doctor Who
Strax: Horse, you have failed in your mission. We are lost, with no sign of Sweetville. Do you have any final words before your summary execution?
- In "The Crimson Horror", Strax almost executes a horse for getting lost.
Horse: (sniffs ground)
Strax: The usual story...
- Game of Thrones. In "No-One", Sandor Clegane has An Axe to Grind with the outlaws who massacred his friends, so he uses one to chop an outlaw in the goolies. Naturally it's difficult to deliver some Famous Last Words under those circumstances.
Clegane: Where's the other one? The one with the yellow cloak.Outlaw: (in agony) Fuck you!Clegane: Those are your last words, fuck you? Come on, you can do better.Outlaw: ...Cunt!Clegane: You're shit at dying, you know that?
- The pilot short for The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy has Grim ask this to Mandy as he prepares to win the limbo game and claim Mr. Snuggles' soul. Mandy's reply is "Two words: kiss-kiss!", which causes Mr. Snuggles to attack Grim, causing him to lose and be Billy and Mandy's friend forever.
- In The Ren & Stimpy Show episode "An Abe Divided", Sergeant Big-Butt asks this to Ren and Stimpy before she punishes them for destroying the Lincoln Memorial. Ren responds by attempting to pin the blame on Stimpy.
- In the Gravity Falls episode, "Headhunters", the wax Sherlock Holmes says this when he has Dipper cornered on the roof. Dipper replies "Got any sunscreen?" and much to the wax Sherlock Holmes's surprise the sun rises, causing him to melt.
- Birdman episode "Professor Nightshade". After the title villain captures Birdman he asks him this question before trying to send him into the fourth dimension (time) to be lost forever.
- The pilot for The Transformers combines this trope with Getting Crap Past the Radar—Optimus and Megatron are fighting on Sherman Dam. Prime's response to being asked this trope is a defiant "None you'd want to hear, Megatron!" and implies that the words he does have for Megatron are not fit for children's television.
- In the The Spectacular Spiderman episode ''Group Therapy'', when Doc Ock reveals the newly-formed Sinister Six to Spidey:
Doc Ock: Now then, Arachnid. Any Last Words?