- He's gonna shock us!
- In the episode "The Challenge Of The Samurai", Samurai and Ash, after battling with other Pokemon, wind up getting into something of a Metapod-based freudian pissing contest where they both have Metapods out and do nothing but order them to use harden, for what's implied to be several hours on end. And both of them take it completely seriously. What seals it is Misty's reaction: sunbathing with Pikachu.
Samurai: Metapod! Harden like his!
Ash: Maximum hardness, Metapod!
[cut to the sunbathing]
Ash: More power, Metapod! Samurai's is weakening!
Samurai: Harder! You're the stronger Metapod!
Ash: A little more!
[By this point, Misty and Pikachu have finished their sunbathing]
Misty: We could be stuck in this forest for the rest of our lives. Boys can be so stubborn.
Ash: Don't... give... up...
Misty: You two are more hardheaded than your Metapods!
- The episode where James is trying to avoid being dragged back to his mansion home by Jessie and Meowth. He stalls with a tragic story about running away in his childhood, in the winter, with only his faithful Growlithe by his side. Somehow, it ends with him freezing to death. Dog of Flanders, anyone? Cue the heartwrenching music and waterfall tears.
Jessie: That's such a sad ending!
Meowth: That poor kid!
: I can't believe James is gone!
Ash: I miss him!
: (the only one
not crying) Grrr....JAMES IS STANDING RIGHT HERE!!
- Add to that James' scream when we see that Jessiebelle looks just like Jessie.
- Then, when Jessibelle reveals her kinky torture room, Misty can be seen blushing profusely. Blushing over what?!
- A moment later, Jessiebelle is chasing James around the room with a bullwhip. His parents are calmly sitting at a garden table in the middle of the room, drinking tea. And the twerps are also watching this spectacle, providing this gem of a line.
Ash: Shouldn't we try to help him?
Brock: Nah, I don't like to get involved in these little family squabbles.
- In the episode's beginning, as Team Rocket read the sign with James' picture on it:
Jessie: Hmmm...this kid looks a lot like you.
James: You think so? He looks pathetic.
Meowth: That's what she means, James.
- Ash getting hit by the door opened by Gary◊ from "Here Comes the Squirtle Squad".
- "If they built a temple to honor Psyduck, they weren't hidden — they were lost." - Brock, "The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis"
- In Electric Shock Showdown, apart from Lt. Surge's priceless Flat "What." upon Pikachu avoiding Raichu's attack by grinding its tail against the ground, there's also Team Rocket and their snarky commentary.
Brock: (on Pikachu) It used its tail as a ground, and dodged the electric shock!
Jessie: (from outside) What a shocking story.
James: That was quite a.. tail.
- Brock, after seeing Team Rocket's cheer:
Brock: That was really disturbing.
- From "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City" where Jenny theatens to arrest Ash and Brock.
Ash: I've never been to jail!
Brock: Neither have I, ma'am!
- During the Kanto Pokémon League...
Misty: "You can stuff your greedy little face after we find a Pokémon Center!"
- Meowth biting Sandshrew in "The Path to the Pokémon League" only to break his teeth:
Jessie: Stop pussyfooting around!
- Despite it not being the punchline, Misty's fake name from episode 42 of the Swedish dub:
Brock: Caesar Salad.
: Ann Ananas
. (Anne Pineapple, also a possible reference to Anna Book, the voice actress.)
Ash: Tom Atsĺs. (Tom Atosauce.)
- During the preparations for the Kanto Pokémon League, Team Rocket tries to capture a Mr. Mime, and they realized they actually captured Ash, who was wearing a Mr. Mime suit, and he steals their balloon.
- Jessie and James doing their introduction speech while talking to Giovanni on the phone in Island of the Giant Pokémon.
- This episode is FULL of hilarious moments, one of which is clearly a case of Getting Crap Past the Radar.
- First you have Squirtle suggesting the "fate" of his trainer and Charmander and Pikachu telling him off.
- Then later on, everyone's at an "Oden" stand lamenting their fate. Pikachu is comforting Ekans and Koffing (who are pretty upset) while Charmander looks on. What are Meowth, Squirtle and Bulbasaur doing? Well, both of them have clearly been drinking alcohol as Meowth's passed out and a very red-faced Bulbasaur is going off at Squirtle! (typically red around their nose/mouth is a sign that they're drunk in anime)
- "Primeape Goes Bananas" is pretty much a crowning episode of funny, with Manky beating Ash up when he's about to reach for his hat, throwing a riceball(not donut!) into Ash's Pokéball when he tries to catch it, and mimicking his signature "turn cap and toss ball" move just to tick him off, but the funniest example probably happens right after it evolves. After somehow forgetting they were terrified a second ago, Jessie commands the Pokémon to attack the twerps. Primeape does NOT take kindly to this dismissal, and punches her so hard she flies into a hedge, and gets buried to the neck.
- The look on Ash's face before he sics Primeape on Team Rocket is ''priceless'.
- "Pikachu is unwilling to battle!"
- Pikachu also refused to fight Misty during Ash's Cerulean gym battle. The humor is not so much the refusal as how Ash was about to throw him into the arena overhand, like a Pokéball.
- Misty's sisters deciding to award Ash with the Cascade badge for defeating Team Rocket. Misty whines about it and Daisy points out that if Pikachu had been willing to battle, Misty would've lost. Then Ash and Misty arguing about it at the end.
Ash: Misty, you're not gonna be a sore loser about this are you?
Misty: I didn't lose anything! It was a draw!
Ash: Well, I'm the one who got the badge!
Misty: What?! You lost with Butterfree!
Ash: That was round one! I made a great comeback!
Misty: If Team Rocket hadn't busted in, I would've destroyed you!
Ash: You're lucky they showed up, you were about to lose!
Misty: Lose?! I was just getting started!
Ash: Oh yeah?!
Misty: Oh yeah!
Brock: Oh brother...
- At the end of the really old Kanto episode Tentacool and Tentacruel, Misty makes the V-sign toward the camera while holding her new Pokémon, Horsea, and Ash complains, "Wait a minute, that's supposed to be my pose!"
- Pikachu and ketchup. There's a reason why it became the rodent's Never Live It Down after Showdown at Dark City.
- When asked to help one of the prospective gyms attack the other gym, Ash refuses and goes into a speech about how this gym is just as reprehensible. As he turns to walk away, feeling good about the speech he just gave, he slips on the aforementioned ketchup and falls flat on his face.
- There is a place in the anime called...*snicker*...Hop Hop Hop Town!
- It's a literal translation of its Japanese name, Yoyoyo Town.
- The Kanto episode Showdown in Pewter City has Team Rocket setting up a pitfall trap at the start of the episode - then forgetting where they placed it, which leads to them falling into it, getting buried seconds later. They reemerge at the end of the episode, only to be trampled on by Ash, Misty, Brock and Pikachu.
James: I told you I'd get us all out of this!
Jessie: This was all...*the three are all stepped on by our heroes* ...your fault!
- And a few seconds later...
Jessie: Buried alive and trampled...
Jessie & James: We've hit rock bottom! *The three of them all fall back into the pit*
- Misty's god awful makeover by Team Rocket in Pokémon Fashion Flash, and the kicker? Misty loved it.
Ash & Brock: What happened to her face?! (desperately holding in their laughter.)
Misty (deadpan expression): Dumb boys.
Misty: I love its hair! I wish I had hair like Vulpix that looks so shiny and soft!
Misty: (picking up the Vulpix): You're just about the cutest little Pokemon I've ever se-
- The Flame Pokémon-athon!: Included only because of the Epic Fail that ensued: Pikachu enters the eponymous race (never mind why they allowed a Pokémon as a contestant), his ride being Squirtle.
- Electrode may be the single fastest Pokémon in the original 151, but the episode does a good job showing us what using one in a race would be like: even more Epic Fail.
- From the same episode? When Team Rocket reveals themselves during the race, everyone is glaring at them with determined stances. Everyone except Squirtle and Pikachu, who're ignoring them to chow down on the food the racing Pokemon are supposed to eat.
- The Battling Eevee Brothers!: Misty royally pisses off Jessie, who starts spewing fire after gaining about five Cross-Popping Veins. Meowth's reaction is gold:
Meowth: Wow! Jessie just evolved into a Flareon!
- Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon!: At the end of the episode, Team Rocket is trapped in a cave with the fossil Pokémon that terrorized them in the last half of the episode. This dialogue occurs:
Jessie: Hey there, somebody help us!
James: We don't want to be extinct, too!
Aerodactyl rubs its eyes
Meowth: Shhh, you're gonna wake it up!
Jessie and James together: Rock-a-bye Dactyl, please don't eat ussss...
- Love at First Flight: Brock's "girl-radar" fails and he starts going after...Ash in his second crossdressing stint.
- To Master the Onix-pected: the most awesome way to Break The Fourth Wall: Meowth fast-forwards the Team Rocket motto!
Jessie: That was exhausting.
James: I think I bit my tongue.
- That whole episode was funny.
- Any time Ash acts like a five-year-old.
Ash: *whining* I am not a big baby! Am I, Pikachu?
- Ash is at the Safari Zone, which is a familiar place to all who played the game. He got 30 Safari Balls. What he get at the end? 30 Tauros.
- Ash, his friends and Team Rocket are attempting to wake a sleeping Snorlax when one of them comes up with the idea of invoking True Love's Kiss. After a failed and undesired attempt by Psyduck, Team Rocket prepares for their attempt. While it turns out to be Meowth in princely regalia, and his attempt gets an explicit negative reaction from the Snorlax, it's better than the alternative.
Ash: Which Pokémon are they going to pick?
- The Wacky Watcher, which is a filler episode about Magikarp...that just so happens to throw in a Groucho Marx expy as the titular professor. Cue 22 minutes of goofy wordplay and slapstick.
- In Battle of the Badge when Team Rocket show Togepi to Giovanni. His face is priceless.
- At the beginning of Battle Aboard The St. Anne there is an extended scene where Team Rocket are hyping up the gang to go on the ship. After their speech, Ash turns to Misty and says "Do you know anyone who says 'radical' anymore?"
- The Ditto from "Ditto's Mysterious Mansion". When Jessie demands that it turn into a Dratini, it turns into the book the Dratini is pictured in instead.
- Just before that, Jessie shows Ditto a photo of her very first true love whom she wants to see as an adult. Ditto transforms into the boy in the photo without even making him look like an adult, and even LICKS Jessie's face! Even James and Meowth can't help but crack up, even if they have to get bitch slapped for it.
- In "Who Gets To Keep Togepi?", Team Rocket temporarily gets ahold of the unhatched Togepi's egg. Meowth cares for it like it was his own child, but James constantly makes crass comments and jokes about eating it, which leads up to this:
Meowth: (polishing the egg with a cloth) Rise and shine, my little eggy-poo. Meowth's gonna make you nice and shiny 'cause we got a lot of inca-batin' to do.
James: (hands Meowth a plate with scrambled eggs on it) Here.
Meowth: What's this?
James: Your scrambled eggs.
Meowth: (turns furious, then hits James with a frying pan) I told you ta lay off the E-G-G-S! How could ya be so insensitive, ya numbskull?!
- The first episode has this gem.
Ash: Is it because you don't like me?
Pikachu: (nods his head) Pika Pika.
Ash: Well I like you a lot. And since you're the first Pokémon I'm training, don't you think you could be a little nicer and open your mouth and tell me what's wrong?
- Pikachu refusing to get inside his Pokeball. In addition, Delia misinterprets his actions as playing catch with Ash.
- When Delia mentions how Pikachu is a little weird, Pikachu smirks mischievously (complete with a speech bubble with a skull and crossbones appearing over him), and he promptly shocks the crap out of everyone present.
- From "Clefairy and the Moon Stone": "Gary was here. Ash is a loser!"
- From "The Punchy Pokémon", Team Rocket go into their motto. James, exhausted from carrying Jessie on his shoulders, collapses halfway through his final line.
- In Hypno's debut episode, we have Misty accidentally catching Psyduck. She trips and a pokeball falls out of her bag. The Psyduck just touches it with its beak and immediately gets captured.
- This exchange at the sight of Magikarp that has basically been rendered comatose.
- From "The Tower of Terror", Charmander uses his flame powers to light a candle but accidentally torches Brock in the process. Brock then yells at Charmander. And even Pikachu can't help but laugh.
- In "Make Room For Gloom", after a confident Florinda thanks Brock for helping her believe in herself and feels ready to run her family's nursery, as long as a special someone is around to share it all with her, a lovesick Brock turns his back to her and goes into a blissful spiel with quite amusing results.
Brock: This is so sudden! I've always dreamed of having somebody like you, someone as kind and talented and beautiful as you are, and now you've made all my dreams come true! Yes, Florinda, darling, yes! I'll share my life with you! (turns around to find himself looking into Ash's eyes instead of Florinda's)
Ash: Hey, Brock, are you talking to somebody?
Misty: I think maybe you had a little too much of that antidote.
(Brock turns to see that Florinda has already proposed to her true love, Potter.)
Brock: (visibly distraught) Rejected by the one girl I've loved! I'll never find another one like her again!
Ash: (trying to console him) Cheer up, Brock, you'll find plenty of other girls to reject you!
- Anything involving the Gastly from "The Ghost at Maiden's Peak", from the Venustoise illusion, to the quip about making some quick bucks by helping the spirit maiden. Plus, this exchange:
Gastly: What is that?
Misty: It's a cross! I also got garlic, a hammer and a stake!
Gastly: Ugh! What do I look like, a vampire or something?
- "Mystery at the Lighthouse": When Krabby's Poké Ball vanishes, Misty and Brock explain to Ash that it was sent to the place he got his Pokédex from. When Ash realizes via flashback where it is...
Professor Oak: HERE'S YOUR PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
- Haunter vs. Kadabra: As Sabrina's father is explaining his daughter's backstory to Ash, he shows him a picture of their family.
Ash: Sabrina had this picture of her family in her room. If you have the same picture, then that must mean you're...
Sabrina's father: (thinking) Does he know? He must have figured it out by now. After everything I've said, he must have figured out the truth about Sabrina and me. He must realize that I'm Sabrina's father.
Ash: Then that must mean you're a photographer!
Sabrina's father: (flies off the bench)
- Haunter defeats Sabrina...through comedy routines.
- Later, after Ash has defeated Sabrina...
Ash: But if you've known Sabrina since she was a little girl, then that means...
Sabrina's father: So you figured it out, eh?
Ash: Then you must have taken her baby pictures too!
Sabrina's father: (facefault) HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO STUPID?!?
(Ash just looks at him, clueless; he recomposes himself by clearing his throat)
- Also Haunter's attempts at making Team Rocket laugh.
- In "Ash Catches A Pokemon", when Ash, Misty, Pikachu, and Caterpie are settling down for the night, Misty tells Ash to shut up while they're preparing for bed. Ash's response? "Don't let the bed bugs bite!" The way Ash delivers that comeback is hilarious!
- On their way to the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town, Brock accidentally pulls Pikachu's tail, and gets electrocuted and scares Misty. Then Ash says it scared him too, enough to turn him into a ghost, and turns around with his face replaced by a skull. The others are not amused to the point where Pikachu electrocutes him.
- When the trio and Pikachu arrive on an island full of turtle Pokémon, Ash and Squirtle examine a Blastoise shell and immediately fall asleep. In an attempt to wake them up, Misty orders Pikachu to thundershock them. Ash and Squirtle are not happy.
- Later, when they're saving Team Rocket, Jessie is less than thankful.
Jessie: Just what do you think you're doing?!
Misty: Don't you give us any attitude, we just saved your slimy lives!
James: Well, I'm grateful.
Jessie: They're our mortal enemies! How dare you be grateful they saved your life!
- Anytime James calls out Victreebel and ends up getting attacked.
- The episode featuring the Bulbasaur reserve (the outer area of which was littered with traps) featured this Lampshade Hanging exchange from Team Rocket after they fall into one of the traps:
Jessie: This is the third hole we've fallen into! How come whenever we make traps, no one falls into them?! We always fall into theirs!
James: Well, I thought this one was pretty strategic in its placement.
Jessie: I'M GLAD YOU'RE ENJOYING IT!
Meowth: (meows painfully)
- In A Chansey Operation, Ash and friends are made to assist a doctor in treating Pokémon that had been injured in a car accident. Unfortunately, some of the patients aren't very cooperative.
Doctor Proctor: (reading from a card) Dodrio, a Triple Bird Pokémon. Its three heads represent joy, sorrow and anger.
Ash: Uh...all three heads look pretty angry to me.
- In Bad to the Bone Meowth's attempts to...cheer up a trainer when his Marowak leaves him, by telling the trainer that he still might be able to get a ticket to WATCH the Pokemon League.
- In The Ultimate Test Ash's reactions to finding out during the battle portion he's got the same Pokemon Team Rocket uses and yells at Todd (Snap) not to take any pictures.
Instructor: Name this Pokemon!
Ash: It's a Voltorb!
James: It's a Pokeball.
Jessie: It's obviously an Electrode.
Instructor: The answer? A Jigglypuff as seen from Above!
- To make this even funnier, the same trick was pulled in one of the mini-games in Hey You, Pikachu!
- Ash not knowing what moves Meowth has, and Team Rocket's Meowth's angry reaction.
- In the episode Friend and Foe Alike, Team Rocket are eavesdropping on a conversation between Ash and Nurse Joy regarding Richie.
Jessie: There was something that prevented me from having friends when I was a little girl.
James: *laughs* It must have been your personality!
Jessie: *nodding* Uh-huh! It must have been my... *beat* HUH?!?!?
*Jessie hits James over the head with a large paper fan*
- When the Celadon Gym is set on fire thanks to Team Rocket, everyone's frantically trying to put out the fire and Pikachu uses a watering can to extinguish a flower.
- In "The Problem with Paras", the entire premise is funny given that Paras is a total wimp that has Minor Injury Overreaction, leading to Pikachu and Squirtle attempting to fight as weakly as possible. And there is also the parts after Meowth wanting to help Cassandra with evolving Paras, and insulting Arbok and Weezing in the process. Not to mention a Crowning Momentof Awesome with Paras landing a Non-Lethal K.O. sucker punch on Charmeleon.
- At the end of "The Bridge Bike Gang", Chopper and Tyra give Ash and Misty honorary nicknames as thanks for their deeds.
Chopper (to Ash): From now on, we're calling you "Awesome Ash"!
Tyra (to Misty): "Mighty Misty"!
Ash (bashful): Aw gee, I'm not that awesome...
Brock (To Tyra, grabbing her hand): You could call me "Honey"! *gets smacked*
- The Advance Generation episode Berry, Berry Interesting: there's never a serious moment here. Best part is the moral: never allow May to make food for the Pokémon.
- May's first try at Pokéblocks had Combusken lying face-down on the ground. Well, Beautifly liked them...
- It didn't just drop Combusken, it KO'ed Ash's entire team. Not even Tobias and his team of ubers flattened them that quickly.
- Oi! Those were extenuating circumstances!
- Jessie seemed to like them, too...
- From the same episode, Wobbuffet playing...ninja (well, close enough, anyway).
- Also from the same episode: Munchlax being caught with a Pokeball...inside its mouth.
- How everyone criticizes May's Purple Surprise.
Brock: That's a very strange flavor.
Max: I think calling it a flavor at all is going too far.
James: There is a hint of how you say, jet fuel and an after taste of buring truck tires and for some reason, I can't seem to quite swallow it. These pokeblocks should be destroyed before anyone eats any of it by accident.
- While May is making pokeblock, Ash runs outside to perfect Snorunt's Ice Beam. Pikachu tries following Ash but crashes into the Pokemon Center's doors as soon as they close. The doors open and Pikachu rolls out.
- Love, Petalburg Style is a mix of this, Heartwarming Moment and a bit of a Moment Of Awesome. It seems that throughout the episode, May and Max's dad Norman is having an affair with Nurse Joy and when everyone tries to call him out on it, he's clueless the entire time until they point it out.
- Jessie catching Seviper without using a single Pokémon...and succeeding!
- For those not wanting to click the link (or if the link no longer links to anything), Seviper eats a rice ball (actually called as much in the dub) Jessie wanted and then bites her hair on accident. Seviper (who all episode has been fearless) quickly realises it did something really, really bad and displays a flawless Oh, Crap! face, while James and Meowth hug each other in the background, terrified. Eventually, they have to step in to stop Jessie beating it up more after it is KO'd to tell her to catch it. Jessie immediately snaps out of her anger, and Seviper just slides down in the background behind Jessie, mouth open.
James: "Poor Seviper!"
Meowth: It knows not what it's done!
*Jessie leaps on the terrified Seviper, screaming in rage, and scratches its face*
Meowth: She used Fury Swipes attack!
James: Emphasis on the Fury!
*Jessie kicks Seviper from above*
James: Her unstoppable Megaton Kick!
Meowth: And highly effective!
Seviper: *is KO'd*
- the best part about this sequence is while Jessie is laying the smackdown on Seviper is the Hoenn Legendary Battle Theme is playing in the background during it which makes it so much more funny has if it's suggesting Jessie at that moment is on par with a legendary pokemon.
- During one of Team Rocket's thefts at a clinic (in the AG episode Delcatty Got Your Tongue?), they dress up as Swiss hikers (ridiculous accent included), with Meowth practically mummified in bandages:
- Jessie's first contest in All Things Bright and Beautifly.
Do this right Seviper, now go use Sacred Fire
! [Seviper does nothing.]
Meowth: Uh oh...
James: I'm not sure Seviper knows how to use that attack...
Jessie: Well, come on! Use Sacred Fire! What are you waiting for?
- It gets even more hilarious from there. Upon realising that Seviper can't, in fact, use Ho-Oh's signature move, she immediately tries to get Seviper to use Water Pulse, Blaze Kick, Dragon Claw, Psywave, Luster Purge, and so on. Seviper's embarrassed reactions get more and more ridiculous, ending in a *sweatdrop flood*. Finally, Meowth recommends a Poison Tail attack, which Seviper actually does...only to use it on Jessie, launching her through the roof and out of the contest arena.
- The way Corphish defeats Katie's Golduck in the Hoenn League is this and possibly its Moment Of Awesome — managing to listen to Ash while confused, it swims up behind Golduck and...cheerfully shakes its hand. Then uses Vice Grip to shake it harder, then spin it over its head, and finally throw it to the other side of the battlefield to set up for the deciding BubbleBeam. That's right — Corphish defeated an opponent by being itself.
- In There’s No Place Like Hoenn, May's Torchic is kidnapped by Team Rocket in their latest scheme to capture Pikachu. Ash, Pikachu, May, Norman, Caroline and Max find Team Rocket's balloon and May and Max run to the their balloon, despite Ash's warning not to.
Ash: Not so fast, be careful — !
*May and Max fall into the classic pitfall trap*
Ash: ...There could be a trap.
*Norman and Caroline start rushing ahead to help them*
Norman: I'm coming!
Caroline: Me too!
Ash: But there might be -!
*Norman and Caroline fall into another pitfall trap*
Ash (facepalm): ...Another trap.
- From the same episode, whenever Max forgot Ash's name, calling him "Alf".
- Not to mention he keeps bringing up the fact that Ash lost in the second round and Ash points out it was the Victory Tournament.
- Probably a case of Off Model, but see the look on Ash's face a few minutes later when Torchic attacks Max. He looks like he's relishing sweet revenge...
- Simply the fact that Ash is actually being Genre Savvy about Team Rocket's pitfall traps is hilarious in-and-of-itself! The idea of Ash and his friends have actually used TR's own methods against them is a sporadic, but effective, recurring joke as well..
- When Team Rocket attacks Petalburg Gym, Pikachu tries electrocuting Team Rocket but accidentally hits Max instead.
- There's also the fact that Torchic attacks Max 4 times. The first 2 times are for Max saying Treecko was cooler while Norman and Caroline don't show any concern for Max. Then when they're fighting Team Rocket again, May tells Torchic to use "Amber" and Max tells her the attack is called "Ember" which Torchic uses on Max. Then May tells Torchic to use Peck and Torchic starts pecking Max.
- When Team Rocket escapes Petalburg Gym after stealing May's Torchic, Max examines the ground with a magnifying glass to see which way Team Rocket went. May points out that looking at the ground won't do any good since Team Rocket used a hot air balloon.
- The episode True Blue Swablu! has a scene in which the group try to help a injured Swablu regain its confidence to fly back by saying that May's Beautifly uses a "magic powder" that grants those coated in it the power of flight. After Swablu "tries" it and starts flying again, Ash and Pikachu attempt the same thing:
Ash: Wow, that magic powder is great! OK Pikachu, we're up next!
*May, Brock and Max look at them in disbelief*
Max: The magic powder's fake, Ash...
Ash: No way, it looked like it was totally real...
Max: Totally real, all purpose FLOUR!
Pikachu *blushing slightly*: Pi!? Piiikachu...
- And from the same episode, when Team Rocket steal the Swablu, May tells it to use Sing on them. Before they all fall asleep, James tells Cacnea to use Pin Missile. It falls asleep and into the balloon basket - then unleashes the attack, resulting on Jessie and James getting their asses spiked, and Meowth and Wobbuffet having their heads needled. Needless to say, this wakes them all up, and when James tries to get Cacnea to stop, he finds that it's using the attack WHILST asleep and thus can't make it stop. Not until it damages the balloon, anyway.
- The start of the episode has Ash and the group once again lost for the umpteenth time:
May: "We're getting pretty good at being lost!"
Max: "So why don't we just turn around and retrace our steps?"
Brock: "Then we'll be lost going backwards!"
- And one more from this episode is Torchic's method of waking up the group after Swablu puts Ash and friends to sleep. We see it from a first person perspective pecking them, all the while with a happy look across its face.
- A scene near the beginning of the episode What You Seed is What You Get! has Team Rocket trying to steal some watermelons from a field. Jessie notices what looks like a giant watermelon rolling towards them - only for them to find out that it's a disguised Electrode which proceeds to send them flying.
Meowth: "TALK ABOUT YOUR FORBIDDEN FRUITTTTTTT!"
- The girl who works at that watermelon farm assumes Ash and his friends are watermelon thieves. She (and in full seriousness) lashes out at him by chomping down on a big piece of watermelon and then spitting a stream of seeds right in his face. Ash is more irritated than anything.
- The end of the episode, Ash and Pikachu trying to cheer Treecko up. When it ignores them, they decide to spit watermelon seeds at it. The end result of this is a ticked-off Treecko perfecting Bullet Seed - with Ash and Pikachu as its targets!
- When the melons Team Rocket stole are flying through the air, everyone scrambles around trying to catch them. Ash catches two of them and one lands on his head without hurting him or breaking.
- One Advanced Generation episode features (yet another) Team Rocket split, with the added twist that they come across one of Cassidy and Paunch's plans. Before the episode is over, they've temporarily managed to switch pairings. Complete with mottos.
Jessie: Prepare for trouble, we've shuffled the deck!
Butch: It's not my thing, but what the heck?
Jessie: An evil as old as the galaxy!
Butch: I'm doing this all from memory!
Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love!
Butch: To extend my arm with a big white glove!
Jessie: (looks angrily at Butch) Jessie...
CUT! (kicks Butch in the face)
Do it right, or don't do it at all!
Cassidy: Prepare for trouble, it's a brand new day!
James: We're making it double anyway!
Mime Jr.: Mime mime, mime mime mime!
Cassidy: Let's see if I can remember my lines! An evil as old as the galaxy!
James: Sent here to fulfill our destiny!
Cassidy: To denounce the goodness of truth and love!
James: To extend our reach to the stars above!
Cassidy: Whenever there's a piece of pie in the universe!
James: (despairingly) Forget it...
- Team Rocket's attempts to open a Clamperl Shell in Clamperl of Wisdom.
- This is followed by a classic image of chibi-Giovanni stubbing his toe on the shell.
- All of the Giovanni fantasies that Meowth comes up with to convince Jessie and James why capturing each episode's featured Pokémon is a good idea. Just...everything about them. The often ludicrous content of them (especially the ones with chibi!Giovanni), the fact that they exist at all, the fact that Jessie and James almost always find them convincing somehow...
- From The Bicker the Better, James sings a song, composed of one word, over and over and over: "Ugly Ugly Ugly~!"
- Not to mention the insanity that was Ash/James vs. May/Jessie later in the episode. Meanwhile, Brock's the Combat Commentator, Wobbuffet imitates his every move.
- Too bad we didn't get any Ash/James or May/Jessie mottos...
- Claydol, Big and Tall: the gang and Team Rocket dress up in different costumes to distract the giant Claydol, and the Claydol fell in love with...Wobbuffet in a MAID COSTUME!!
- Immediately after this, an old man who was helping everyone reads them a story about another giant Claydol being stopped by a maiden who happens to look just like Wobbuffet. Cue this exchange...
Jessie: I'm started to have my doubts about this...
May: (deadpan) The text, or the guy reading?
- Harley and Jessie's contest in A Hurdle for Squirtle!. Harley uses his signature Ariados, while Jessie uses Wobbuffet. With Harley Genre Savvy enough to not try to attack Wobbuffet, due to Counter and Mirror Coat, and Wobbuffet not being able to attack at all, we have both of them getting yellow cards and then the contest turning into an insult match. And then Ariados and Harley end up dancing while twirling around Wobbuffet with String Shot. "A one-y and a two-y and a buck-o my shoe!"
- Earlier in the same episode, Jessie goes up with Cacnea in the appeals round. What does she do? Run toward Cacnea and hug it (very, very painfully), then use its Pin Missile to create a firework shower. After the judges give their reviews, the Contest emcee starts to announce the next appeal, only to stop when she realizes Jessie hasn't left the stage. She pokes her, and Jessie falls over, completely paralyzed.
Nurse Joy: Chansey, I think we're gonna need the stretcher for this one.
- Gone Corphishin': Ash, Pikachu and Brock are proudly boasting that they have "experience" in falling into Team Rocket's pitfalls. May and Max quickly point out that that's not something to brag about. Cue all three going into a Corner of Woe!
- Later, Team Rocket fall into the gang's trap, and when discovered they recite their motto. May and Max (again) point out that they're literally not in the right place to recite their motto. What's Team Rocket to do? Go to the same Corner of Woe, that's what!
- Once in a Mawile: Ash's Corphish goes Dogged Nice Guy and starts wooing the episode's featured Mawile; it has to be seen to be believed. Then he faces utter rejection, and Brock, fittingly, sympathizes with him, and gives him a Rousing Speech of some sort. Then they both start crying, and Torkoal just randomly joined in for no reason!
- Later in the episode, Team Rocket captures Brock's Lombre instead of Mawile, and Meowth has a hard time imagining what kind of use their Boss would have with him. Fellow idiot Wobbuffet comes out, and he and Lombre "bond" through a comedy routine.
- Bulbapedia's description of the Lombre boss fantasy is pretty good for a giggle.
''Waking up to see its loamy face in the morning...or maybe walking out to the pool to see its...no.
Maybe a staring contest?
- The beginning of Exploud and Clear has May ask Ash which Pokémon he's going to use for his upcoming gym battle. Ash says that, whichever he chooses, his Pokémon are awesome. We then get to see just how "awesome" they are for the moment...
- In Off The Unbeaten Path, Jessie and Meowth are sent blasting off with their traditional cry. James meanwhile, off trying to win a contest fairly, overhears them, leading to this remark.
James: I thought I just heard someone say 'We're blasting off again' but we copyrighted that!
- Maxxed Out: Skitty + Jessie's hair = EVERYONE laughs at her!
- While trying to master Aerial Ace in Lilycove City, Swellow ends up falling down and gets its beak stuck in the ground. In the next episode, Swellow misses due to not paying attention and when it finally succeeds, it accidentally hits Team Rocket, causing them to blast off.
- During the Lilycove Contest, Jessie has Chimecho use Heal Bell, soothing the audience, but finds it boring and has Chimecho use Astonish, much to everyone's dismay, and even affects Ash, Pikachu, and Swellow who are outside. Of special note, it somehow affects Meowth and Swellow despite normal types being immune to ghost attacks.
- In the same contest, Meowth's deadpan facial expression at James' horrified reactions during Chimecho's battle against May's Combusken.
May: Use Fire Spin!
James: She's using fire?!
- In Having a Wailord of a Time, Ash, Max, and Pikachu are supposed to be taking care of a Treecko, Mudkip, and Torchic. The Torchic attacks all the other Pokémon, runs away, and evolves into Combusken. Max suggests that they switch the Combusken with May's Torchic and imagine the result.
Fantasy Max: Congratulations, May! Your Torchic evolved into Combusken!
Fantasy May: Who are you kidding?! Do you think I'm some kind of idiot?! What have you two done with my Torchic?!
Ash: That plan...
Max: You're right, she'll see right through that one.
- They still use May's Torchic in place of the Combusken and try persuading the new trainer to pick Treecko or Mudkip instead.
- Ash getting a little bit too friendly with Old Man Swamp, to his friends' dismay and the old guy's annoyance.
Old Man Swamp: Why just call me "Swampy", or "Old Man Swamp"!
Ash: Old Man Swamp. Been in these parts a long time, have you, Swampy? Old Man Swamp.
Old Man Swamp: Hey kid, you don't know me that well.
- In Who's Flying Now?, Ash is busy looking for Winonna at a festival. Brock gets distracted by the idea of beautiful girls. Ash pulls his ear.
- When Ash forgets to pack lunch in You Never Can Taillow, Pikachu searches Ash's backpack and pulls out a carton of Pokémon food and opens it up only to discover it's empty. Pikachu has a hilarious heroic blue screen of death and starts shaking the container up and down with tears and it's eyes (oddly with a smile on his face), turns swirly-eyed (like it was KO'd in a battle), falls over, and looks like he's about to cry.