open/close all folders
The Pokémon anime tends to do at least one Crowning Moment of Awesome per season, as the entries below show.
- Pokémon: The First Movie
- Pokémon 2000
- Pokemon 3
- Pokémon 4Ever
- Pokemon Heroes
- Pokémon: Jirachi: Wishmaker
- Pokemon Destiny Deoxys
- Pokemon Ranger And The Temple Of The Sea
- Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai
- Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior
- Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life
- Pokémon: Zoroark: Master of Illusions
- Pokémon the Movie: Black/White
- Pokémon: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice
- Pokémon: Genesect and the Legend Awakened
- Pokémon: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction
- Pokémon Red and Blue
- Pokémon Gold and Silver
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
- Pokémon Black and White
- Pokémon X and Y
- Hey You, Pikachu!
- Pokémon Colosseum
- Pokemon Ranger
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series
- Pokémon Conquest
- Pokkén Tournament
- Pokémon Go
- GRAVELER woke up. GRAVELER snapped out of confusion. GRAVELER used SELF-DESTRUCT.
- Finding a shiny Pokémon.
- Real Life example: Ray Rizzo, an American Pokémon video game player who won the Pokémon Video Game World Championships (in the Master Divisionnote ) three years straight. This guy is such a freakin' juggernaut in the competitive Pokémon video gaming space.
- Even better: He's included in a downloadable pack for Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, the Master's Division Challenge. His team consists of 4 pseudo-legendaries and 2 legendaries, the team he used in the world championship finale.
- Unfortunately, it appears he wasn't able to bring a repeat performance as he wasn't able to win the 2013 Championships. On the upside, it seems 2013 is the first time someone from Europe won, and it was in a division usually won by either someone from the United States or Japan.
- Remember this parody game PETA made not too long after Black 2 and White 2's North American release? PETA called it a parody. What was the most of the fandom's reaction? RAGE. Nearly every Pokemon fan out there leapt to the defense of their favourite franchise. Now those are some dedicated fans.
- Which gets into some fridge humor if you remember the stated plot of Team Plasma in the first game. So I guess Team PETA = Team Plasma?
- Someone managed to turn Delcatty's Normalize, one of the worst abilities in the game, into one of the most devastating Curb Stomp Battles ever.
- Ladies and gentlemen... an epic power metal rendition of the Pokemon theme we all know and love, featuring Tony Kakko on vocals.
- In the 2014 Pokemon World Championship, Se Jun Park decided to use a Pachirisu on his team. It became critical to his eventual victory, tanking a Draco Meteor and bringing down a Mega Kangaskhan - a Pokemon so broken that Nintendo themselves said they might need to nerf it.
- Anyone doing a Mono-type run and managing to beat the game with only one type. Bonus points if they manage to utilize any moves that helps fight against their weaknesses.
- Completing a Nuzlocke run in any game. Especially if you manage to have zero casualties.
- Taking down a legendary pokemon whether it belongs to another player or an in-game opponent using only ordinary pokemon.
- In the manga Surf's Up Pikachu, Pikachu takes its victory against Drake's Dragonite a step further and crawls down into Dragonite's mouth, delivering the attack internally. Even the announcer declares Pikachu to be scary at that point.