The last Episode: The Reveal of Mega Charizard X and the subsequent battle against Mewtwo. "Awesome" isn't even enough to describe it.
- And even then, Mewtwo still gives a good fight against Mega Charizard X. It's even better if you remember that Mewtwo has already wasted Red's team, including Gengar and Articuno.
- Dat snarl! This version really lives up to its reputation for being vicious.
- Mewtwo knocks Charizard out of mid-air with an attack, and Red proceeds to dive under him to catch him.
- The finishing blow in and of itself.
Red: Charizard! ONE LAST MEGA PUNCH!
Mega Charizard X
: *Socks Mewtwo so hard
that he flings him across the cave
- This is followed by Red catching Mewtwo in only two Ultra Balls. IT'S NEVER THAT EASY IN THE GAMES. NEVER. But of course, in the original games, you aren't given a Mega Charizard X.
- For many fans, this doubled as a real-life CMOA as well. After Game Freak had all of us believe that Mega Charizard (Y)'s reveal was the final nail in the coffin for Charizard gaining the Dragon type, Mega Charizard X shows up out of nowhere, wielding the Dragon type and ready to kick ass both in Origins and in the games.