Fanfic: The Boy Who Died A Lot
Harry’s always been known as The Boy Who Lived. Only Severus knows that this is a lie. After Harry Potter dies in his first year during his detention in the Forbidden Forest, Severus Snape is given the time-turner to prevent his death. But messing with time and death has its price and the universe seeks to correct it. In the meanwhile Snape has deal with Harry's adventures and somehow keep him alive.Found here
- Acquired Poison Immunity: Snape basically mind-rapes Harry with a Dark spell to make Harry immune to Imperius curse
- Snape grows immune to the Lust-Dampening Potion
- Action Survivor: Both Snape and Harry
- Adults Are Useless: Played with, as Snape is the only thing ensuring that Harry survives into adulthood and basically cleans up Harry's mistakes. It's played straight for the rest of the faculty because neither Snape nor Harry would willingly involve them.
- Adult Fear
- All Love Is Unrequited
- All Animals Are Domesticated
- Anxiety Dreams/Bad Dreams:
- Armor-Piercing Question:
Snape: Three hours from now the Dark Lord will kill Harry Potter and rise again! Is that a future you wish to protect?
Firenze: Mars is unusually bright tonight. It is written.
Snape: You don’t believe that. You never have and you never will. You’re not like the rest of your kind, or you would never have assisted me last year. Mark my words, now: I will keep this from happening, with or without your help
- Balancing Death's Books: Because Snape prevented Harry's death in the Forbidden Forest, the universe tries to correct itself by killing Harry in many undignified deaths that Snape undoes each time with the Time-Turner. Firenze warned Snape that this would happen before he saved Harry the first time.
- Bathe Her and Bring Her to Me: Snape asks Voldemort to give him Draco after he kills Dumbledore to spare Draco getting killed for his failure. He regrets when he finds a terrified Draco in his bed and he earns the ire of the Malfoys.
- Been There, Shaped History: Harry's absurd luck throughout the backs is actually Snape manipulating events behind the scenes so Harry would live. The first being when Severus convinces Firenze to perform his Big Damn Heroes.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: After Harry nearly kills Draco with Sectumsempra, Snape fears that Harry is slowly turning Dark due to Severus mind-raping with Legilimency.
- Black Comedy
- Blessed with Suck
- Blood Magic: Through Harry's blood, Snape can track Harry. It is also very Dark magic
McGonagal: I don’t suppose you’d care to explain to me how you came by Mr Potter’s blood?
- Bodyguard Crush: Snape ends slowing falling in love with Harry after fifth year
- Brainwashing For The Greater Good: Played with
- Broken Pedestal
- Calling the Old Man Out
- Cassandra Truth: Snape tries to convince the faculty to replace Ron's wand as he tells it is dangerous and likely to get others killed. They don't believe him or think he's over-exaggerating. Or when he tries to find out who sabotage the bludger, he gets accused of being the saboteur.
- Celibate Hero: Enforced by Severus himself, he gives himself the Lust-Dampening Potion to mute his libido.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Over time the fic becomes a less funny and more dramatic
- Character Development
- Children Are Innocent
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Coming-Out Story
- Cooldown Hug
- Crack Fic: The story's basis was a crack fic, only Cerebus Syndrome during 4th year when the author decided to expand the concept
McGonagal: I don’t suppose you’d care to explain to me how you came by Mr Potter’s blood?
- Cure Your Gays: Snape oblivates Harry after Harry kisses him and confesses his love for him. He makes Harry forget that he came out to Snape and rewrites his mind for the latter to become attracted to girls.
- Dark Humor
- Darker and Edgier
- Darkest Hour: After Harry dies for the first time while everyone is mourning or traumatized or his death, Snape points out that this means Voldemort's back and now they're screwed because the only person that can stop him is dead.
- Death by Falling Over: Harry dies several times because of this: the first time was because the stairs moved right before he reached the stop step. The second time was when he trips over his shoelaces after kissing Ginny
- Death Is Cheap: With the time-turner, Snape enforces this trope for Harry
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Devoted to You
- Despair Event Horizon: Harry hit this in the summer after the Triwizard tournament, without Snape's interference, the trauma over Cedric's death, the defamation of his reputation by the Ministry, his torture under Umbridge and missing Quiddich tryouts become too much for Harry and he takes his own life.
- Diabolus ex Machina: The universe literally wants Harry dead.
- Double Standard: Rape, Male on Male: In fourth year, Draco cast the Imperius curse on Harry and ordered him to give him oral sex as a joke. Draco is terrified when Harry complies and accidently kills him to get away. Snape is horrified at Draco.
- Downer Beginning: "The first time Harry Potter died, he was eleven years old."
- Due to the Dead
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness:
- Earn Your Happy Ending
- Eating the Eye Candy
- Everyone Has Standards
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Snape is horrified that Draco would use an Unforgivable as a joke.
- The Four Loves
- Gambit Pileup
- Genre Savvy
- Gone Horribly Right
- Good Is Not Nice
- The Greatest Story Never Told
- Harmful to Minors
- Heroic BSOD
- Hero with Bad Publicity
- The Hero Dies
- Hoist by His Own Petard
- Homoerotic Dream
- Hug and Comment
- I Did What I Had to Do
- I Hate Past Me
- I Just Want To Be Free: The Ford Anglia
- It's Probably Nothing: When Snape tries to go forth with Madam Hooch with his suspicions that the balls were sabotages, she says nothing can get pass her wards
- Inept Mage: Ron's status as one becomes lethal as his casting through his broken wand kills Harry multiple times
- Infant Immortality: Defied, as Harry dies numerous times starting when he was eleven.
- Internal Reveal
- Intergenerational Friendship
- Interrupted Intimacy
- Interrupted Suicide
- Just Friends
- Kick the Dog
- Laser-Guided Amnesia
- Laser-Guided Karma
- Laser Guided Tykebomb: Snape started out viewing Harry as this when he's not being a trouble-maker and doesn't forget to remind Dumbledore of this.
- Lets Wait Awhile
- Like Father, Like Son
- Literal Genie
- Locked Out of the Loop
- Love Hurts
- A Man Is Not a Virgin
- The Many Deaths of You
- May-December Romance
- Mind Rape
- Misery Builds Character
- Misery Poker
- Morality Pet
- My God, What Have I Done?
- Mistaken For Pedophile
- Near-Rape Experience
- Never the Selves Shall Meet
- Not So Different
- Not So Stoic
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome
- Oh Crap
- Only Mostly Dead
- Only One Me Allowed Right Now: When Snape time-travels, he exists independently of the other Snape until the loop closes with both Snapes merging into one Snape.
- Only Sane Employee
- Our Time Travel Is Different: Since the Time-Turner is out of commission it allows for more flexibility and actually allows for timeline changes as opposed to causing a Stable Time Loop.
- Out with a Bang: A nonsexual variant in which Harry trips on his shoelaces and fall down the stairs after kissing Ginny
- Peggy Sue
- Plot Armor: Played with, to Snape's annoyance the only time Harry is the least likely to die is when he's fighting Voldemort
- Poisonous Friend
- Prophecy Twist
- Properly Paranoid
- Reality Ensues
- Retroactive Preparation
- Ripple-Effect-Proof Memory: While Firenze doesn't have this, due to his gifts he can tell right away Snape is from the future.
- Save Scumming
- Sentient Vehicle: Snape turns the Weasley Ford Anglia into this so it would back away from the Whomping Willow on time to spare Ron and Harry. It was angry after Snape dumped it into the lake afterwards, but forgave him when Snape promised it to take it to the Arctic tundra in exchange for saving Ron and Harry from the Acromantulas
- Silent Scapegoat
- Screw Destiny:
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here
- Screw Yourself
- Scylla and Charybdis
- Second Love
- Secret Diary
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong
- Slash Fic
- Stable Time Loop: Discussed Trope, what Snape feared what would happen at first, but other the time-turner does let him change time.
- Suspiciously Apropos Music: How the now sentinent Ford Anglia communicates.
- Suicide Is Painless
- Suppressed Rage:
- Stepford Snarker
- Stupid Sexy Flanders
- Sympathy for the Hero
- The Talk
- Talking Down the Suicidal
- Teacher/Student Romance
- Tempting Fate: Snape thought after Harry survives his confrontation with Quirrelmort without his assistance that he was done and he wasn't going to be needed again.
- That Didn't Happen
- There Are No Therapists
- Trauma Conga Line
- Unrequited Love Switcheroo
- Unscrupulous Hero
- Was Too Hard on Him
- Wham Line
- Weak Willed: Before Snape's intervention, it is actually extremely easy for Harry to fall under the control of the Imperius
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are
- You Are Not Alone
- You Can't Fight Fate: The entire fic is about Snape trying to prevent Harry's fated death and the universe's attempts to correct it.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness
- You Shall Not Pass