Fan Fic / Super Smash Brothers Guardians Arise
" is a relatively popular Super Smash Brothers fanfic notable for two main things: Many Characters
, and MUCH awesome.The premise of the story is that after the Subspace Emissary, Tabuu is (Somehow, it's never explained and the fact is Lampshaded by Marth and Ike fairly quickly) not actually dead
, and swiftly defeats all of the smashers. Master Hand manages to save their souls, and locks them in jars as balls of inert gas (Just roll with it...) for them to eventually be released and occupy a compatible body at some point in the future. 100 years later, enter Psyche
and Austin, a pair of slaves in Tabuu's new regime, where souless puppets of the Smasher's bodies are now his feared elite soldiers. They find Master Hand's diary, when Marth comes upon them and attacks, killing Austin as Psyche runs like hell.Just as she's about to die, Pit is released and it turns out she's his guardian. He takes over, and fends Marth off.It gets more convulted from there. Each smasher has its own guardian, and EACH HAS AT LEAST A THIRD OF A CHAPTER DEDICATED TO THEM. There is a small group that you could call the 'Main' characters, though. Due to the premise, the fic is very OC heavy, so it's not to everyone's tastes.
Guardians Arise provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Applies to both Smashers and Guardians. Some have common names like Joe, Sam, Anna (before changing her name to Pikana) and Heather; while others have names like Squall, Golfer, Naskara and Wrath.
- Anime Hair: Some of the guardians' hair, as well as some of the smashers.
- Attempted Rape: Almost happens to Mah. Fortunately, she managed to defend herself.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Heather was to be hanged for crimes such as treason, attempted murder and littering.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Psyche and Pit started off basically bickering at each other. As the story progresses, they soften up and start acting more like partners.
- Axe Crazy: Pikana in a nutshell.
- Badass Crew: The Smashers, and also the Guardians.
- Big Fucking Sword: Ragnell, of course!
- Big Fucking Gun: While some guardians have some type of gun, KOR is noted to carry the biggest ones, as he has been seen with a minigun and a large machine gun (though he switches for a sniper later)
- Big Damn Heroes: Rinku is kind of fond of this.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Picho and Pichn are this to Rinku and Cimar. But especially Rinku.
- Caps Lock: Heather has an entire rant filled with this in a certain chapter.
- Desperation Attack: Each one of the guardians have one. And it's also different from the smashers in various ways.
- Deus ex Machina: There isn't really that much of an explanation to why Pikana was transformed into a Pikachu. Pikachu says that she was blessed by Arceus, but that's it.
- Five-Man Band: The 'Main' characters, in order of screentime.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Mah explains to Golfer that the slave humans are so mistreated by Tabuu, that most think death are the best thing that could happen to them.
- Freudian Trio: There are many trios, most introduced in the same chapter, and balance each other out. Bingo. Many Freudian Trios.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Nao. He stole those pages from the diary.
- Mood Whiplash: Happens at some occasions.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Chester and to an extent, KOR.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Ridere all the way.
- Put on a Bus: You'd think it happens to a majority of the Non-Main Guardians, who disappear for chapters and then reappear for small but important scenes. Example: Sam doesn't appear for a few chapters except as small bits of no importance, then mentions the missing Guardians and goes to find them, needing to be rescued himself later.
- Reverse Trap: Naskara, who at her first appearance looked to be a guy.
- Sequel: A sequel is now in progress. It can be found here. It takes place seven years after the story. WARNING: READING THE SEQUEL HAVE MEANT YOU HAVE KNOWN AND READ THE FIRST STORY, SO THE THINGS RELATED TO THE ORIGINAL STORY WILL BE UNMARKED
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Link keeps saying Zelda is not his girlfriend, while Zelda keeps refusing to admit she has feelings for Link in the beggining of the story.
- Freudian Trio: There are many trios, most introduced in the same chapter, and balance each other out. Bingo. Many Freudian Trios
- Trigger Happy: Aly, who seems to waste so much Ammo she might as well be the military.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Golfer is on the recieving end of this over the course of MULTIPLE CHAPTERS. Cam being the main source of pain.
- Why Won't You Die?: Cam is the living embodiment of this. Ike sums it up best in Chapter 27: "Basically kid, you're one walking anti-death machine"