Creator: Bill Burr
Bill Burr is a stand up comedian whose stage persona is that of a short tempered man. His stage character is frequently concerned with the rigid standards imposed on men by the masculine ideal via social conditioning and peer pressure and shows open contempt for the notion that Women Are Wiser. A lot of his material plays on Double Standards tropes.
- All Men Are Perverts: Strongly believes that men's greatest weakness is sex drive, but doesn't buy All Women Are Prudes, just that women control themselves better.
- Berserk Button: Gold Diggers and unjust divorces.
- Catch Phrase: His Monday Morning Podcast will invariably include one or up to all three of his: LAYDEES!, Oh Jeezus, and Go fuck yourselves.
- "I don't fucking know." is pretty common.
- Country Matters: One of his favorite words, especially on his podcast.
- Double Standard: Half of his material at least.
- Fiery Redhead: No better example of one.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Mistaken for Pedophile / Pædo Hunt: Despises the rise of these tropes as a result of To Catch a Predator, since he loves making children laugh while in public, but this results in the parents getting creeped out.
- Oh, Crap: He believes that the look of bewildered horror frozen on some elderly men's faces is this reaction, made permanent when their joints give out and it dawns on them that they can't get up and escape their wives' nagging anymore.
- Real Men Hate Affection: He has a theory that men have a lower average life expectancy than women because of all the stress that builds up from their Jerk Ass "Dude Bro" friends challenging their sexuality any time they show any signs of caring, kindness or sensitivity, or even intelligence (the umbrella bit).
- Self-Deprecation: He has called himself "crazy" or "maniac", often referring to his-own anger issues. In his podcast, he calls himself out on his own hypocrisies seconds after making them, and follows-up his own exaggerations with "I'm full of shit" or similar.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- Take That: Famously in Philadelphia. While on tour, he became so enraged at the constant heckling his fellow comedians were taking that he spent his whole set delivering what amounts to an 11 minute combination of a Cluster F-Bomb and "The Reason You Suck" Speech to the audience, checking the time each minute and letting the screaming audience know in no uncertain terms that he was going to do all eleven minutes like that. In playbacks you can start to hear some cheers among the booing.
- Verbal Tic: "Ya know?"
- Women Are Wiser: Has called pop culture on this trope several times. For example, attacking the statement made by Oprah Winfrey that being a mother was the hardest job in the world. "She's not even a mother, how would she know?"