Jerald Eugene "Jere" Burns II (born October 15, 1954) is an American actor. With his sharp features and soft drawl, Burns is often cast as disarmingly affable villains or other shady types.He's a regular face in film, television and theatre. He's perhaps best known for his work on television, particularly for his role as sleazy ladies' man Kirk Morris on Dear John, manipulative psychiatrist Anson Fullerton on Burn Notice, psychotic mobster Jake Abernathy on Bates Motel and the understanding Group Leader on Breaking Bad.The role that many know him for, however, is that of Dixie Mafie middle-man Wynn Duffy on the critically acclaimed Justified. Originally a one-shot guest appearance, Burns was gradually upgraded to recurring and then to a regular to the positive fan and critical reception to his performance.
- Blonde Guys Are Evil: All of his villainous characters are this. In fact, it's a Berserk Button for his Justified character when he's accused of being a fake blonde.
- Playing Against Type: Despite Breaking Bad being likely the darkest show he's ever done with a host of terrifying villains, he actually plays a good (if troubled) character in it: the gentle, non-judgmental Group Leader.
- 1984 Hill Street Blues as James Fitzsimmons
- 1987-1988 Max Headroom as Breughel / Breughal
- 1988-1992 Dear John as Kirk Morris
- 1993 Bob as Pete Schmidt
- 2004-2007 Kim Possible as Mego
- 2010-2011 Breaking Bad as Group Leader
- 2011-2012 Burn Notice as Anson Fullerton
- 2013 Bates Motel as Jake Abernathy
- 2010-2014 Justified as Wynn Duffy