Characters specific to The World Is Not Enough
. For those in the entire film franchise
, see here
Played by: Sophie Marceau
The daughter and heir of an oil magnate, she was once kidnapped for ransom by Renard. She is under the protection of MI6
after her father's assassination. It turns out she fell victim to Stockholm Syndrome to the point of joining Renard's side.
- Big Bad
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Her time in captivity caused Elektra to become a victim of Stockholm Syndrome
- Broken Bird
- The Chessmaster
- The Dark Chick
- Dark Secret
- Erotic Asphyxiation: She enjoys torturing Bond with her neck-breaking chair
- Expy: While not as blatant as Max Zorin, Elektra's plan to use Renard to nuke Istanbul in order to make her the sole transporter of oil to the west once again recalls the plot of Goldfinger. Interestingly, Elektra also has an ally capable of resisting pain with Renard, just like Goldfinger did with Oddjob, though Renard plays more of a key role in comparison.
- Fake Nationality: Sophie Marceau is French while Elektra is of mixed British and Azeri descent.
- Femme Fatale
- Honey Trap
- Manipulative Bastard
- Ms. Fanservice: And HOW!
- Oedipus Complex: Electra Complex, rather. Literally. Although Electra hated her father rather than being attracted to him. This also plays into her relationship with Renard, even though he's not much older: watch the positively girlish way that she runs to the window to see him arriving, flings herself into his arms when he enters, then leads him off to present the captive M to him as a gift
- Red Right Hand: Renard has a bullet in his head that gives him superhuman endurance to pain. Elektra has a missing right earlobe, which she hides with a large earring. She actually mutilated it herself.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Beautiful!: Utterly convinced that no one will ever suspect her of wrongdoing, even in the case of blatant terrorism.
- She's Got Legs: When she's lying naked on the bed, Renard rubs her thigh up and down, and her outfit in the scene where she tortures Bond.]
- Stockholm Syndrome
- Tragic Villain
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Somewhat justified given Elektra's character
- The Vamp
- Walking Spoiler: Well, with all those spoiler tags, she isn't likely to just be the Girl of the Week, is she?
- Witness Protection
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
- You Wouldn't Shoot Me, you'd miss. Nope.
He is a (formerly) Soviet terrorist, Elektra's kidnapper and her father's killer. He is also her lover.
He has an almost superhuman invulnerability to the feeling of pain due to a bullet lodged in his brain from a failed assassination attempt on his life by MI6
Dr. Christmas Jones
Played by: Denise Richards
An American nuclear physicist working in Russia to dismantle nuclear warheads.
Q's assistant. See also Q's character sheet here
Valentin Dmitrovich Zukovsky
Played by: Robbie Coltrane
The Russian gangster who previously appeared in Goldeneye
. He has made a fortune in caviar. Elektra
made a secret deal with him in order to get the submarine captained by his nephew, Nikolai.
Zukovsky's traitorous gold-toothed bodyguard.