Characters: Survivor: China
open/close all folders
The Sole Survivor
- Affably Evil
- The Alcoholic/Off The Wagon: Sadly has become this after winning. See his appearance on Dr. Phil
- Ascended Fanboy
- The Bad Guy Wins: Though he's not a full-fledged one in the way, say, Richard Hatch and Brian Heidik were.
- Celebrity Resemblance/Identical Stranger Looks quite a bit like Adam Scott
- The Chessmaster
- Deadpan Snarker: His reaction to Jean Robert finding out there's idol sums it all up.
- Evil Genius / The Smart Guy
- Genre Savvy: Knew the consequences of becoming the leader of Fei Long, so instead tried to shove that responsibility onto Aaron.
- Last of His Kind/The One Guy: The only male in the Top 5.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Wears red clothes and he originally belongs to the red tribe Fei-Long. No wonder he won.
- The Man Behind the Man: While Aaron appeared as the leader of Fei Long before the swap, Todd was actually the one calling the shots for his tribe.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Non-Action Guy: Todd is one of the few winners to not win a challenge.
- Shorter Means Smarter
- Sole Survivor
- Straight Gay
- The Strategist
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: He uses this a lot.
- Worthy Opponent: Especially to Jean Robert.
- Badass Adorable:
- The Charmer: To Frosti.
- The Cutie
- Deadpan Snarker: One of the show's best example's.
- Defeat by Modesty: At one challenge.
- Fag Hag: To Todd.
- Genki Girl
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Leslie.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Also wears red clothes and she also originally belongs to the red tribe Fei-Long.
- Lean and Mean: She's quite skinny.
- No Damage Run
- The Runner Up Takes It All: She came back for Heroes vs. Villains, but Todd didn't.
- Ship Tease: With Frosti.
- The Snark Knight: One of the most sarcastic, acerbic players in Survivor history. Outright says she hates everyone in the game at one point.
- Ungrateful Bitch: Invoked by Amanda for why Courtney didn't deserve to win.
- Action Girl: Her ability to defeat Denise and Peih-Gee in the last two immunity challenges was crucial in determining the final three.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Good Is Boring
- Male Gaze: Almost unavoidable when every single moment she's on screen her rear-end is blurred out.
- Ms. Fanservice: Former Miss Montana, ladies and gentlemen.
- Nice Girl
- No Damage Run
- Poor Communication Kills: The reason she lost in the final tribal council is due to this.
- The Second Runner Up Takes It All
- Statuesque Stunner
- Fish out of Water: A big theme of her story was her experiences on reward trips where she was completely amazed and humbled by the culture she'd never experienced.
- Hidden Depths: Would you believe she's a black belt in Kenpo?
- Out of Focus: Early in the season entire episodes would go by without her having a single confessional. It's only after James and Aaron are sent to Zhan Hu that she starts getting attention.
- Perpetual Poverty: Denise discusses how that while Todd will have his flight attendant job, Courtney will have her waitressing job and Amanda will have her modelling career after the show, this trope is all Denise has to go back to after the show is over.
- It was since revealed that she had lied about this.
- Unwitting Pawn: Duped and dumped at the Final Four.
- Action Girl
- Born Unlucky/Butt Monkey: Peih-Gee was on the losing tribe pre-merge, in the minority post merge and was ostracized for threat status.
- Chinese Girl: She is actually Chinese
- Determinator: She did everything she could to make sure she wouldn't go home, including winning two clutch immunities.
- Graceful Loser
- Last of Her Kind: She was the last Zhan Hu left.
- Plucky Girl
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her name is typically spelled "Peggy."
- The Strategist: When trying to find ways to vote off Todd.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Started as Alpha Bitch of Zhan Hu, but after merge, she mellowed.
- Bald of Awesome
- The Big Guy: To Fei-Long.
- Big Eater
- Breakout Character: Won the fan favorite this time and in Micronesia.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Gentle Giant
- Ineffectual Loner: At first...
- Heroic Build
- Scary Black Man: He's very imposing. Nice Guy, though.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Too Dumb to Live: You will get stuck with this stigma if you don't play one of your two idols.
Michael "Frosti" Zernow
- But Not Too Foreign: Stated in his Profile that he is half-Russian and Half-Japanese.
- Informed Flaw: Frosti states he sucks with Memory challenges. However he won the first immunity challenge and nearly won immunity in his last episode, both involved memory.
- Kid Hero: He was the youngest contestant of the season and was at the time, the youngest survivor ever.
- Le Parkour: An honest-to-goodness practitioner of it.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Frosti.
- The Quisling
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves: Defects to Fei Long believing that he's become a fully integrated member, only to be unanimously voted out by both by Fei Long and Zhan Hu alike.
- Ship Tease: With Courtney.
- Tagalong Kid: At first to Zhan Hu, than to Todd's aliance
- Character Development: Invoked - his plan was to be lazy and uncooperative at the start of the game, so when he did start to become helpful around camp, his tribemates would mistake that for the aforementioned trope.
- French Jerk:
- Hidden Depths: Shocks everyone when it turns out he speaks semi-fluent Mandarin, which comes in handy when a Chinese fisherman and his family visit Fei Long as a Reward Challenge prize.
- Jerk Ass
- Lazy Bum: Deliberately invoked this trope in order to lower the tribe's expectations of him and then pleasantly surprise them when he did start working hard. It only worked partially.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Courtney.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Genuinely believed himself to be the best player in the game. The actual sequence of events that leads to his being voted out proves otherwise, and he actually refuses to admit he made mistakes as a player at the reunion in spite of it.
- Smug Snake
- The Strategist: Attempted to be this, but it never really panned out.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- The Unfavorite: Liked by basically nobody else on his tribe.
- Worthy Opponent: Considers Todd this when all is said and done.
- Disc One Final Boss
- Dumb Blonde: Despite being a fairly competent leader, this is how the other tribe and most of the cast saw her.
- Failed a Spot Check: Mistaking a plank of wood for the hidden immunity idol.
- Humiliation Conga: Her last episode is an endless parade of mockery.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Nice Girl
- Ship Tease: With Erik.
- Southern Belle
- Smug Snake: Especially when throwing the challenge to get rid of one of Zhan Hu's new tribemates.
- Diabolus Ex Machina: Had it not been for the tribal shuffle, there was little doubt that he could make the jury. Instead, the shuffle put him on a tribe with people that don't want any part of him, so they throw a challenge and vote him out.
- Puppet King: While it appeared that he was in charge of Fei Long, Todd was actually calling all the shots.
- Standardized Leader: To Fei Long.
Steve "Chicken" Morris