Voiced by: Kristin Fairlie
Emma has never surfed before, but she's stoked to learn this summer. She's sweet, honest, optimistic and a bit naive. Although she's super social and best friends with lots of dudes, she totally loses it around guys she's crushing on.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Kelly's Veronica for Ty.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Emma was able to wrestle Fin to the ground and pin her after a short struggle in "Chum Music".
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The redhead.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Dogged Nice Girl: To Ty.
- Expy: Of Jen Masterson and Bridgette of Total Drama.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Johnny, Ripper, and possibly Ty do.
- Na´ve Everygirl
- Na´ve Newcomer: This is her first time trying to join in "grom culture", and it shows.
- Oblivious to Love: Is oblivious to Johnny's feelings.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: And it's pretty effective.
- Red Headed Heroine
- Shipper on Deck: Shipped Reef/Fin in the 1st season but shipped Reef/Lo in "Channel Surfers"
- Town Girls: The Neither to Fin's Butch and Lo's Femme.
Voiced by: Katie Crown
Fin is a total adrenaline junkie and not afraid of anything. She's a girl but tough, with a quick wit and tons of confidence, basically the ultimate "guy's girl." Fin might be best surfer out of all groms, although Reef would be quick to argue that point.
- Almost Kiss: With Reef.
- Badass Adorable
- Big Eater: In "Slumber Party Animals", she single-handedly empties out a mini-fridge in the Royal Suite.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The blonde.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: In "The Captain, The Grom, His Hope, Her Dream"
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She tried to break up Reef and Lo's relationship because Lo treated Reef like a servant, well at least that's what she says. Plus in the past she has repeatedly tried to (and succeeded in) wrecking Reef's love life
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Or in this case, "blonde with a kind of orange-ish spray tan".)
- Deadpan Snarker
- Expy: Of Nikki from 6teen and Gwen from Total Drama.
- Gasshole: A belch variant. She has probably burped more than anyone else on the show, and is capable of outbelching Reef when she wants to.
- I Have Brothers: They made her eat worms when she was a kid, which is why she doesn't mind eating them when being forced to Eat That.
- The Lad-ette: She doesn't do 'girly'. In "Heartbreak Hotel", she easily out-machoes all of the guys during their 'Manly Dude' weekend.
- One of the Boys: She's just as brash, just as headstrong, just as action-crazed and generally just as much a "dude" as the other guys she hangs out with. The A-plot of "Heartbreak Hotel" is them coming to realise that, when she wants to be, Fin can be more of a man than they are, something that they find unbearable.
- Only Sane Woman: Given that she is a big-sisterly figure toward Emma and is Closer to Earth than Lo.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: With Reef.
- Town Girls: The Butch to Emma's Neither and Lo's Femme.
- Tsundere: Type A towards Reef.
Voiced by: Terry McGurrin
Reef is good-looking and athletic, but he's also a little goofy and tends to overreact in every situation. He's loves to talk trash to Fin and has a competitive streak a mile wide, so it's a good thing he has the surf skills to back it up.
- Almost Kiss: With Fin.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: In "Mr. Wahine."
- Book Dumb: His mind is dedicated to surfing, and only surfing. When the lack of waves leads him into book reading to occupy his time, however... see Megane for details.
- Embarrassing First Name: Leslie.
- Even Jerks Love Their Mamas
- Expy: Of Jonesy from 6teen, They even share a voice actor.
- Also of Duncan from Total Drama.
- Gasshole: He's the gassiest male on the show, next to Ripper, though unlike Ripper he only burps, never farts.
- Groin Attack: He just wouldn't be a male Fresh TV protagonist without some of these painful moments.
- Handsome Lech
- I Can't Believe I'm Saying This: When two girls asked him out on a date, his refusal by claiming he was taken was this trope.
- Megane: Briefly enters a 'smart' stage when the ocean was flat.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: With Fin.
- Straw Misogynist: Often voices the opinion that women are inferior when it comes to "manly stuff" like surfing. This is part of the reason Fin is always hostile towards him. Especially because she's often better at "manly stuff" than he is.
Lauren "Lo" Ridgemount
Voiced by: Anastasia Phillips
Lo is the only daughter of the insanely wealthy Ridgemount family, owners of the Ridgemount Hotel chain and the flagship Surfer's Paradise Ridgemount Resort, and she has always been able to sweet talk her parents into anything by smiling and promising to love her daddy forever. And her mom want so badly to be "the cool mom" that she lets Lo get away with murder.When her dad decides it's time for her to earn her keep, Lo starts working at the resort. But since she's never done chores in her life, she's terrible at her job and never lasts long in any department.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The brunette.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Saw Emma as a threat to her relationship with Reef in "Dirty Little Secret, Nerdy Little Secrets"
- "He looked at another girl? Where? I'll mash her face like a potato!"
- Expy: Of Caitlin from 6teen and Lindsay from Total Drama.
- And for some, of Courtney from Total Drama in the second season.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Any of Lo's schemes to get in good with her dad.
- Fallen Princess: The reason why she's part of the employees; she threw a wild party that got totally out of hand. As in, "car in the pool and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police being called to break it up out" of hand. For this reason, she was banished from her home in the penthouse suit and made to work like a common employee until her father feels she's been suitably made to understand the error of her ways.
- Flower in Her Hair: Always sports one.
- In-Series Nickname: Almost everyone calls her Lo.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She can be out-and-out sweet at times, despite being an Alpha Bitch.
- Matchmaker Crush: People say she always had a crush on Reef despite shipping him with Fin
- Not So Above It All: She's actually seen having a Burping Contest with Johnny and Fin in the episode "Brofinger", despite normally being the Girly Girl of the three girls.
- Shipper on Deck: Shipped Reef/Fin.
- Ships her brother with Emma.
- Spoiled Brat: When she's not being a Spoiled Sweet.
- Town Girls: The Femme to Fin's Butch and Emma's Neither.
- Tsundere: a Type B towards Reef
Voiced by: Mazin Elsadig
A natural born surfer, Broseph is a totally mellow guy with a chilled perspective on the world. Even though he's late for everything, and often causes mix-ups the others have to fix, and is the reigning king of moochers, everybody still loves Broseph.
- Book Dumb: Not as bad as Reef, though.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: At the end of "Brofinger", he actually donates several surfboards to a group of rhinos.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde
- Expy: Of Jude from 6teen and Geoff from Total Drama.
- Extreme Omnivore: Let's say he follows a 5-day rule.
- He is also seen drinking ketchup and enjoying it. He talks Emma into trying it too, but she didn't like it very much.
- Funny Afro
- Gasshole: Another belching-only variant, although he definitely goes for quality over quantity. For example, in the final episode, he wins the men's surfing championship essentially by accident when he burps so forcefully it propels him backwards into a 1080, beating Reef's score of 9.5 with a perfect 10.
- Hairy Hammerspace: Complete with Rummage Fail!
- Surfer Dude: Many of the guys in the show are, of course, but Brospeh is an exceptional example.
Voiced by: Arnold Pinnock
Johnny is stylish, witty and cool, and he knows the hotel inside and out, which is invaluable when it comes to a getting the others out of a jam. All he asks in return is that they occasionally give him some surfing lessons, because that's the one area where he really stinks.
- Better as Friends
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Black and Nerdy
- Black Best Friend
- Butt Monkey: When it comes to his crush on Emma
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Emma.
- Expy: Of Wyatt from 6teen and DJ of Total Drama.
- Nice Guy
- Number Two: To Bummer.
- Only Sane Man: He tends to be the most rational and sensible of the group, guys and girls alike.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
Voiced by: Jamie Spilchuk
- Aloof Big Brother
- Eternally Pearly-White Teeth: So much that with proper lighting, it blinded Johnny.
- Oblivious to Love: Is oblivious to Emma's feelings.
- What Does He See in Her?: When Ty starts dating Kelly.
Voiced by: Cory Doran
- Control Freak
- In-Series Nickname: His full name is Andrew Baumer.
- Jerkass -> Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Leaning more toward Jerkass in Season Two.
Voiced by: Sergio Di Zio
- Gasshole: Meaningful Name, don't you think?
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Lance.
- Third-Option Love Interest: Is briefly one for Emma.
- Those Two Guys: With No-Pants Lance.
- Toilet Humor: His Meaningful Name.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Voiced by: Corey Doran
The Big Kahuna
Voiced by: N/A
Wipeout the Mascot
Voiced by: Sergio Di Zio
Voiced by: Jamie Watson
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Acts like one.
- The Faceless
- Green Eyes: As it turns out, yeah.
- Papa Wolf
- Parental Marriage Veto: Doesn't approve of his daughter being in a relationship with Reef
- Self-Made Man: And he really wants his kids to take after his example.
Voiced by: Emilie Claire Barlow.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Is one to Lo.
- Emilie Claire Barlow
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Her slang can be... irksome.
Voiced by: Lauren Lipson
- Alpha Bitch: Towards the Groms, especially Emma and Lo.
- Bad Boss: Again, towards the Groms.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Emma's Betty for Ty's Archie.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Evil Redhead
- Gold Digger
- Kick the Dog
- Romantic False Lead: Starts dating Ty because he's rich.
Voiced by: Gage Munroe