open/close all folders
Voiced by: Kristin Fairlie
Emma has never surfed before, but she's stoked to learn this summer. She's sweet, honest, optimistic and a bit naive. Although she's super social and best friends with lots of dudes, she totally loses it around guys she's crushing on.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Emma was able to wrestle Fin to the ground and pin her after a short struggle in "Chum Music".
- Na´ve Newcomer: This is her first time trying to join in "grom culture", and it shows.
Voiced by: Katie Crown
Fin is a total adrenaline junkie and not afraid of anything. She's a girl but tough, with a quick wit and tons of confidence, basically the ultimate "guy's girl." Fin might be best surfer out of all groms, although Reef would be quick to argue that point.
- Big Eater: In "Slumber Party Animals", she single-handedly empties out a mini-fridge in the Royal Suite.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: In "The Captain, The Grom, His Hope, Her Dream"
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She tried to break up Reef and Lo's relationship because Lo treated Reef like a servant, well at least that's what she says. Plus in the past she has repeatedly tried to (and succeeded in) wrecking Reef's love life
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Or in this case, "blonde with a kind of orange-ish spray tan".)
- Expy: Of Nikki from 6teen and Gwen from Total Drama.
- Gasshole: The best burper on the show, and possibly the most frequent. She can burp powerfully enough to shake the camera, and even some of her weaker burps can blow a person's hair back.
- I Have Brothers: They made her eat worms when she was a kid, which is why she doesn't mind eating them when being forced to Eat That.
- The Lad-ette: She doesn't do 'girly'. In "Heartbreak Hotel", she easily out-machoes all of the guys during their 'Manly Dude' weekend.
- One of the Boys: She's just as brash, just as headstrong, just as action-crazed and generally just as much a "dude" as the other guys she hangs out with. The A-plot of "Heartbreak Hotel" is them coming to realise that, when she wants to be, Fin can be more of a man than they are, something that they find unbearable.
- Only Sane Woman: Given that she is a big-sisterly figure toward Emma and is Closer to Earth than Lo.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: While it may not be shown much, Fin does have a more feminine side.
Voiced by: Jeff Geddis
Reef is good-looking and athletic, but he's also a little goofy and tends to overreact in every situation. He's loves to talk trash to Fin and has a competitive streak a mile wide, so it's a good thing he has the surf skills to back it up.
- Book Dumb: His mind is dedicated to surfing, and only surfing. When the lack of waves leads him into book reading to occupy his time, however... see Megane for details.
- Embarrassing First Name: Leslie.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: More of a "jerk" than being "evil", but he greatly cares for his mom.
- Expy: Of Jonesy from 6teen, Also of Duncan from Total Drama.
- Flanderization: Started out as a total Jonesy clone for the first string of episodes, but suddenly became whinier, cocky (even moerso than Jonesy), narcissistic and un-apologetic. He even tried to weasel out of the strike by begging Lo to go with her!
- Gasshole: Another contender for most frequent burper on the show, although unlike Fin or Broseph he's not winning any contests.
- Groin Attack: He just wouldn't be a male Fresh TV protagonist without some of these painful moments.
- I Can't Believe I'm Saying This: When two girls asked him out on a date, his refusal by claiming he was taken was this trope.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While still arrogant, he actually wasn't a bad guy for the first 10 episodes.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk: Became one through Flanderization.
- Megane: Briefly enters a 'smart' stage when the ocean was flat.
- Straw Misogynist: Often voices the opinion that women are inferior when it comes to "manly stuff" like surfing. This is part of the reason Fin is always hostile towards him. Especially because she's often better at "manly stuff" than he is.
Lauren "Lo" Ridgemount
Voiced by: Anastasia Phillips
Lo is the only daughter of the insanely wealthy Ridgemount family, owners of the Ridgemount Hotel chain and the flagship Surfer's Paradise Ridgemount Resort, and she has always been able to sweet talk her parents into anything by smiling and promising to love her daddy forever. And her mom want so badly to be "the cool mom" that she lets Lo get away with murder. When her dad decides it's time for her to earn her keep, Lo starts working at the resort. But since she's never done chores in her life (other than simply cleaning her room or doing the dishes), she's terrible at her job and never lasts long in any department.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Saw Emma as a threat to her relationship with Reef in "Dirty Little Secret, Nerdy Little Secrets".
- "He looked at another girl? Where? I'll mash her face like a potato!"
- Expy: Of Caitlin from 6teen and Lindsay from Total Drama.
- And for some, of Courtney from Total Drama in the second season.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Any of Lo's schemes to get in good with her dad.
- Fallen Princess: The reason why she's part of the employees; she threw a wild party that got totally out of hand. As in, "car in the pool and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police being called to break it up out" of hand. For this reason, she was banished from her home in the penthouse suit and made to work like a common employee until her father feels she's been suitably made to understand the error of her ways.
- Flower in Her Hair: Always sports one.
- In-Series Nickname: Almost everyone calls her Lo.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She can be out-and-out sweet at times, despite being an Alpha Bitch.
- Matchmaker Crush: People say she always had a crush on Reef despite shipping him with Fin.
- Not So Above It All: She's actually seen having a Burping Contest with Johnny and Fin in the episode "Brofinger", despite normally being the Girly Girl of the three girls.
- Shipper on Deck:
- Shipped Reef/Fin.
- Ships her brother with Emma.
Voiced by: Mazin Elsadig
A natural born surfer, Broseph is a totally mellow guy with a chilled perspective on the world. Even though he's late for everything, and often causes mix-ups the others have to fix, and is the reigning king of moochers, everybody still loves Broseph.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: At the end of "Brofinger", he actually donates several surfboards to a group of rhinos.
- Expy: Of Jude from 6teen and Geoff from Total Drama.
- Extreme Omnivore: Let's say he follows a 5-day rule. He is also seen drinking ketchup and enjoying it. He talks Emma into trying it too, but she didn't like it very much.
- Gasshole: Thought he doesn't burp as frequently as Reef or Fin, he can match Fin in power or at least come close. For example: in the final episode, he was in no condition to surf because of his upset stomach, but ends up winning the men's tournament anyway when said upset stomach causes him to burp powerfully enough to propel him backwards into a 1080, beating Reef's score of 9.5 with a perfect 10.
- Hairy Hammerspace: Complete with Rummage Fail!
- Surfer Dude: Many of the guys in the show are, of course, but Brospeh is an exceptional example.
Voiced by: Arnold Pinnock
Johnny is stylish, witty and cool, and he knows the hotel inside and out, which is invaluable when it comes to a getting the others out of a jam. All he asks in return is that they occasionally give him some surfing lessons, because that's the one area where he really stinks.
- Only Sane Man: He tends to be the most rational and sensible of the group, guys and girls alike.
- "Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives this to the Martin twins' parents, to a point where even BUMMER has to agree.
Voiced by: Jamie Spilchuk
Voiced by: Cory Doran
- In-Series Nickname: His full name is Andrew Baumer.
Voiced by: Sergio Di Zio
- Gasshole: The only Gasshole on the show known for farting rather than burping. Meaningful Name, don't you think?
- Third-Option Love Interest: Is briefly one for Emma.
Voiced by: Corey Doran
The Big Kahuna
Wipeout the Mascot
Voiced by: Sergio Di Zio
- Expressive Hair - Or, more correctly, expressive plastic fin.
Voiced by: Jamie Watson
Voiced by: Lauren Lipson
- Romantic False Lead: Starts dating Ty because he's rich.
Voiced by: Gage Munroe