Characters: Original Character RP
Back to the main here
Cameron StilesOne of the brothers that have moved to the Mansion in order to escape eventual servitude in their hometown of Attila due to recently apparent powers. Between the two, he has gained the powers of telepathy and technopathy alongside manipulable mental barriers and cryokinesis during his stay As the oldest of the two, he takes up the responsibilities of their decisions with a stiff upper lip and a cold exterior. Eldest son to Vernon Stiles, leader of the Stiles Conglomerate. Currently works for Isao Kakai in his computer shop.
- Accentuate the Negative: Granted, he can be nice, but he just loves the catharsis of complaining about things more.
- Aloof Big Brother: Eventually fully shows his caring potential.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Immediately reading the minds of everyone in his classroom was not the best way for his telepathy to be introduced to him.
- Anger Born of Worry: Is usually this way with Root, notably during their trip to the Mansion and when his soul is almost taken away for good.
- An Ice Person
- Angrish: Falls into this when the Nephilim doesn't return Root's soul to his body at first.
- Barrier Warrior: Could develop some of his newfound powers far enough to become this as well.
- Berserk Button: Does not take the mention of parental abuse well.
- Brain Critical Mass: Falls into this due to his place as the smart one of the brothers
- Emotionally Tongue Tied: Has trouble bringing himself to say things that are beyond the range of "thank you".
- Enraged By Idiocy
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Looks incredibly young and sweet, until he manages to open his mouth.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Hates Everyone Equally: His initial mood when first arriving at the Mansion.
- It's All My Fault: Falls into this mentality if any of his own plans fail, no matter how minor.
- Jerk Ass: Has no problem with separating from a group for his own purposes and isn't scared to tell others to shove off. However...
- Jerkass Has a Point: He has helped Rean out on her investigation a couple of times, and does point out a few fallacies of his own.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Eventually becomes this when the Mansion gets attacked a second time and Root's soul is almost lost in the process.
- Little Big Brother
- Loony Friends Improve Your Personality: Or constantly shifting roommates at least soften up your jerkass tendencies.
- Mr. Fixit: With his technopathy, he can be able to fix up small machines.
- Only Sane Man: Certainly sees himself to be this.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Used to be this.
- Paper Tiger: What his bitterness ultimately conceals.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Psychic Powers
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Softens up enough to become this later on.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Or at least would have been if he had been raised properly. See below.
- What the Hell, Dad?: Whenever his dad would come home, he would waste no time in constantly belittling the brothers emotionally and mentally, pushing them to become something of his own lofty ideals. Even the slightest thought of him leaves a bitter taste in his mouth.
- Louis Cypher
- Pro-Human Transhuman: Despite having no memory of being human despite a name, and as well as the fact he generally hates all of humanity, he for some reason still will identify as being human in thought.
- Affably Evil: Often mistaken for an anti-hero, Greyscale is anything but that. He may not kill people, but he never said anything about not mutilating people.
- Artificial Human
- Brain Uploading: It's the only reason he speaks English.
- Five-Finger Discount: Oh look, shiney thing-.
- Grey and Gray Morality: He's not entirely a bastard.
- Master of Disguise: This is repeated on more occasions then people can guess. Isao being one time.
- Nanomachines: If he truely wanted to kill you, he'd be healing as fast as you hurt him.
- Phantom Thief: Don't leave anything that Greyscale might find valuable laying around, it will go missing if he needs the cash.
- Recruiting the Criminal: Hardly becoming 'good', but still willing to help others if it benefits him in some way.
- You Would Not Want to Live in Dex: Greyscales world was destroied by something called the 'Yellowstone Incident', a time on which the volcano that is Yellowstone erupted and covered the entire planet in ash, sending it into an ice age and thousands of years without the Sun.
Affiliation: Amestrian Military
Skills: Blood-to-Iron Alchemy, Knifework
Faceclaim: Louise Brooks
An introverted young woman who is often seen hanging around more of the unsavory people of the Central Military, Helier is solemn, even-tempered and unerringly polite—unless you see her in the midst of a fight.
- Aloof Dark Haired Woman
- Bad Powers, Bad People Helier has the power of extracting the iron from her blood and turning it into various weaponry. It is unlikely that a good character would have that power.
- Blood Knight: Helier enjoys fights and fighting with a passion.
- Blood Lust: Oh, and how!
- Bloody Murder
- Blue and Orange Morality
- Break the Cutie:The death of Helier’s father, the constant neglect, distrust and overall dislike that her mother has for her, the fact that she ends up brainwashing herself into having a Despair Event Horizon in order to further her skills and get away from her family all count as acts contributing to this trope.
- Combat Sadomasochist: To the extreme.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: She did this to herself.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Helier hears her father die at a young age during a riot in the streets of Central. Her mother dislikes her because “something’s off about her”, and hates the fact that she won’t stop practicing alchemy; not to mention that she obviously favours her two younger children over her. Helier joins the military at a young age after brainwashing herself to further her skills, and ending up believing that pain is a symbol of good work. After discovering her daughter joined the military, Helier’s mother disowns her. She has seen none of her family since she was 18.
- Despair Event Horizon: Her father’s death, Kimblee’s death.
- Driven to Villainy: Her Dark and Troubled Past does this to her, although she doesn’t view it as a Freudian Excuse.
- Emotionally Tongue Tied: This happens especially when it comes to people she loves.
- Empty Eyes: She exhibits this after anyone she cares about dies.
- Etiquette Nazi: Being raised in a household with a proper Xingese mother can cause you to exhibit this behavior.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Kimblee
- I Have No Son: The daughter version is elicited from Helier’s mother after she is asked about her.
- In Love with your Carnage: To her, a prerequisite of Combat Sadomasochist.
- Keigo: Helier always speaks in keigo, whether she is speaking to an enemy or her best friend. She says it “levels the playing field”—even if she is not fighting against an equal match (especially if they know they are going to die), Helier at least can address them as her equal or superior.
- Licking the Blade: Commonly seen during fights.
- Nightmare Fetishist: She is a mix of this and Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant, because she also views nightmarish things as normal at times.
- Not So Stoic: Usually expressed during a fight or a moment of intense emotion/emotional realization.
- Psycho Supporter
- The Baroness
- The Corruptible
- The Perfectionist: In regard to her work, she must be perfect or else she will suffer intense emotional breakdowns. This is also an effect of her self-brainwashing.
- The Stoic
- The Unfavourite: Her relationship with her mother.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Being a Combat Sadomasochist and a Blood Knight who has an intense form of Blood Lust, well, yes.
- Tranquil Fury: She expresses this trope during battle, especially when in Ishval.
- Trauma Conga Line
Reanbelle Graham"Technically" a mercenary who has fled to the Mansion after realizing the toxic effects of staying in her hometown. Transfixed into becoming an ideal hero by the teachings of her murdered parents, she moved on in order to pursue that goal at all times. At her arrival, she was usually cheery and helpful to anybody that needed any kind of help, to the point of accidentally getting Nighty to steal important files from the SCG so that she could be more informed. Now she is constantly saddling herself with problems, trying to find a means to an end to everything while trying not to break under the pressure.
- Adult Fear: How would you feel if you were the cause of the deaths of all of the great friends you just met? Rean does not want this to happen at all.
- Amateur Sleuth: Somewhat inverted in that she at least knows the basic workings of an investigation.
- Amazonian Beauty: One of the tallest female tenants, regularly works out to the point of definition, wears loose and revealing clothes for the sake of functionality, and actually takes care to make herself look somewhat presentable in public.
- Badass Normal: As a simple human and the only one who played a major role in investigating the underground tribes, which led to subsequently exposing the Shadow Tyrant and the Nephilim, she has mustered up enough grit, determination, and curiosity to get through the entire ordeal. It also helps that she holds a big enough array of weaponry to hold against her own.
- BFS: The archangel Zia's broadsword that she had taken with her from the commander's lair. Ultimately allows her to access a new form along with holy power and protection should she personally meet it's requirements.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: And how.
- Covert Pervert: To the point of knowing Rain's clothing size whenever they were together.
- Deadpan Snarker: Due to her having revealed several fantastical facts at one time, she has become jaded to whatever other magical happenings, which means that this pops up sometimes.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Before they were killed, her parents would always shower her with attention, teach her right and wrong, and attempt to show her the outside world as often as possible.
- Determinator: No matter what she feels or what has to be sacrificed, she will not back down until her job is done.
- Emotional Regression: She's in her late twenties, yet she still thinks that resorting to keeping secrets and confiding in stuffed animals is a good idea.
- The Fettered
- For Happiness: What her actions ultimately boil down to.
- Friendless Background: Has been without proper social contact for the last ten years, so she is glad when she is welcomed into the Mansion. Becomes the basis for her fears later on in the RP.
- Genki Girl: Is this at first, but eventually tends to... break from all the added stress.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Actually holds an impressive collection of various animals that is currently being stored.
- Girls with Guns: A sniper rifle and a pistol to be exact.
- Good Bad Girl: Does enjoy the vices of booze and sex from time to time, but otherwise is still a wholesome, ideal role-model.
- Green Eyes: A sort of murky shade of green at that.
- The Gunslinger: When equipping her pistol, she becomes a Type A.
- Hates Being Alone
- The Hero: Tries to be this in general for the sake of upholding her goals. Actually becomes something of a deuteragonist along with Nighthollow during the Nephilim plot.
- Honor Before Reason
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Lawful Good: Of the "Good before Law" flavor.
- Nervous Wreck: Becomes this whenever she is off to work on her own.
- Nice Girl: Actually is nice for the sake of being nice instead of having an ulterior motive.
- No Punctuation Period: Whenever she rambles.
- Redheaded Hero: Almost bordering on brown, but it's there.
- She's Got Legs: All the better to kick you with!
- Sleepy Head: Will turn to sleep in boredom more often than alcohol.
- Stepford Smiler: Is this in order to keep her friends and loved ones out of her troubles so that they don't end up hurt. Naturally, this doesn't end well.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Her usual reactions upon entering supposed tribal grounds.
- Tomboy: Appears to be this out of actual necessity rather than personal preference.
- Unfazed Everyman
- White Knighting: Less out of gaining respect and more out of wanting to look out for people, she will often flock to those who seem to be in need of support.
Root StilesThe other brother who has come to the Mansion for the same reason as above. He has managed to garner together incredible strength and endurance, but is willing to try for more. Unlike his brother, he has a much warmer personality and is much more willing to be social and get to know people, which is why the Shadow Tyrant wants to probe his mind. Youngest son to Vernon Stiles, leader of the Stiles Conglomerate. Works for Nathan as a part-time lifter.
- Big Eater: Somewhat justified in that he actually needs to consume a ton of food or else whatever has been giving him his strength will eventually leech off his musculus-skeletal system until he is left as a husk.
- Bodyguard Crush: Inverted, seeing as how he's having the crush on Adelaide instead. However, he's ditched those feelings for Briar instead.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: He does do work to fill in the time, but he's not entirely sure of what he really had ought to do with the rest of his life.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Upon arriving at the Mansion, he almost crushes the Butler in an all-encompassing and thankful hug. He's been getting better at measuring his strength though.
- Emotional Powers: Not anything that he has to his own disposal, but when he's feeling quite angry, he taps into a much stronger form thanks to the parasite in his body that gave him his powers in the first place. Unfortunately, he's under it's destructive whims for some time afterwards. Fun.
- Fool for Love: His first love was due to feelings stemming from a sort of rescue romance, his next crush was out of bad influences, and his current flame is now an amnesiac due to having to need her body reconstructed.
- Growing Up Sucks
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: It's dirty blond to be exact, but the niceness is still there.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager
- Interspecies Romance: With Yoshii. Has unofficially broken it off due to lack of contact.
- Lovable Coward
- Martial Pacifist: Even with all the strength he has, he doesn't enjoy resorting to violence unless it's absolutely necessary for him to partake in it.
- Mood-Swinger: Isn't scared of showing others how he feels at the moment.
- Nervous Wreck: Becomes this when he is almost lobotomized by the Shadow Tyrant.
- Nothing Is the Same Anymore: Eventually realizes this when Reanbelle can't help them with his and Cameron's powers, but still manages to be chipper about everything.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Used to be this.
- The Pollyanna: Still manages to keep a positive and hopeful attitude regardless of the situation. Drops it when he is being targeted.
- Super Toughness: Has no problem with keeping heavy objects in the air for a long amount of time and jumping down from a few stories high. Eventually evolves into a healing factor after some natural growth.
- Trauma Conga Line: He has to skip town to avoid servitude, gets his heart tinkered with from within his chest, is almost crushed to death by shadow tentacles, sees Adelaide almost bleed to death after she barely manages to come back after a mission, is under threat of a lobotomy by unknown forces, and nearly gets his soul reaped by the Nephilim. For someone that's just been trying to be nice to people and work what he can, the kid can't catch a friggin' break.
- What the Hell, Dad?: See Cameron's entry above. Root's a less heavy example, seeing as how he still manages to keep a picture of the three of them in his wallet.
Suvia TuonensuoA half-Finnish necromancer and a fairly new arrival to the Mansion. Bit of an airhead.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Become a Real Boy: Inverted. Suvia's death and conversion into an undead highlighted his already-noteworthy detachment from reality and general airheadedness.
- Berserk Button: Being called insane, being touched and people who eat souls. The last one almost got him tortured by Nighthollow.
- Casting a Shadow: Capable of using shadow magic for various purposes, including making parasols and cutting things with tentacles.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Suvia's a little bit detached from reality. He doesn't seem to mind, though. Most of the time.
- The Ditz: Didn't pay attention in school all that much. Doesn't pay that much attention in life, either.
- Empty Shell: What he fears himself to be, which is why he throws himself into his moods a little too much sometimes.
- Hammerspace: Keeps corpses in there.
- Hates Being Touched: To the point of fighting Greyscale with catastrophic results.
- Healing Hands: Can only heal bruises, though.
- Innocently Insensitive
- Keet: When he has a chance to talk magic with people.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Carries a stop sign that he might have stolen. Also picks up random stuff habitually.
- Marionette Master: With corpses.
- Mood-Swinger: Goes from chipper to irritable to apathetic in zero seconds.
- Motor Mouth: Is prone to this when he's not being overly formal.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Dances with corpses, talks to dead souls casually and generally has a relaxed attitude about death.
- Simple Staff: It looks like a white signpost. Also wields actual signposts.
- Stepford Smiler: Types A and B: his muffled capacity for empathy and affect due to him being undead is something he'd rather not think of, and he drowns it under a layer of The Pollyanna.
- Strange Syntax Speaker: A mild example: mixes Buffy Speak with Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness at the drop of a hat.
- The Necromancer: Comes from the father.
- The Undead
- They Would Cut You Up: As an undead, this is one of Suvia's greatest fears.
- Verbal Tic: Sometimes exhibits one, not that he notices hm?
Theodora WittbourneA Nephilim who spends her time either working, drinking, or reading.
- The Alcoholic: Is usually Drowning Her Sorrows.
- Bad Ass In A Nice Suit: Casual wear is not something Theodora is familiar with.
- Broken Bird
- Brutal Honesty: Theodora doesn't know how to sugar coat anything. Being Innocently Insensitive doesn't help.
- Combat Pragmatist: Don't expect her to fight fair. Ever.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror
- Dismissing a Compliment: Does it to the point of ignoring that it was ever said.
- Dying Alone: One of her greatest fears. As a Reluctant Psycho, she's afraid her hallucinations will lead to this.
- Forgets to Eat: Instead she seems to survive on booze and cigarettes.
- Gray Eyes: She has them.
- Lady of Black Magic
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: The fiasco with the bronze globe in the lobby.
- Silly Rabbit, Romance Is for Kids!: Theodora claims this. In reality, she's just terrified of getting a big dose of Love Hurts.
- Stoic Woobie: Only liberal use of alcohol will get her to cry. It also makes her overdramatic and incoherent.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Reluctant Psycho: Theodora suffers from increasingly bad hallucinations. It Runs in the Family.
Henrietta VelaryaA regular human woman from another world. She is a generally sweet person but with highly unstable emotions.
- Action Girl: Somewhat, though strong, she is not a skilled melee fighter, preferring instead the comforts of the tank.
- Adult Child: Pretty childish for her age.
- Big Eater
- Boobsof Steel: Very well endowed.
- Break the Cutie: The Tedris Riot back in her world.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- The Ditz
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength
- Friend to All Living Things: Most of them at least.
- Girls Like Stuffed Animals: AND HOW
- Girly Run
- Heavy Sleeper: Will sleep almost anywhere.
- Heroic BSOD: The Tedris Riot and any memory of it.
- Honor Before Reason: Though she could go with rather immoral decisions.
- Literal-Minded: Sometimes
- Meido: Likes dressing up like one, also pretty good with housework (except her own room)
- Morality Pet: To Jeune
- Naïve Everygirl
- Nice Girl: ...except around Suvia.
- The Oujo
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Sheltered Aristocrat
- Shrinking Violet
- Spoiled Sweet
- Tank Goodness: One of the most renowed Tank pilots in her world.
- Upper-Class Twit
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Tanks aside
The Butler - Tamesis Dubris
- Conveniently an Orphan: Who else would let their child follow an insane guy? ...His dad, actually.
- Battle Butler: At one point in the Butler's life he use to be very good at fighting. This resulted from Jefferson Boragdine constantly making him exercise and learn how to, in fear he'd end up like his father. He's not so much of one anymore, but he still argues that he can defend himself just fine.
- Friendless Background: When your parents are dead and you're getting pulled along by a stranger, you don't have time for fiends.
- Hates Being Alone: That's why the Butler invited everyone to the Mansion.
- Stockholm Syndrome: While Jefferson was no kidnapper, sometimes it felt like it with the lack of care Jefferson put in... sometimes
- Tsundere: Relationship with Nighty.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: The Butler once stated in a conversation that living forever inside the Mansion, which is living inside himself, would make for a very boring eternity.
The Grain Maker - Steve Tarway
- Backstory of the Day: Once the dean of the greatest magic college on all of Earth, totally not a big deal, right? Totally won't come up later, right? ...Right?
- Green Eyes: Not very bright ones that contrast interestingly with wheat blonde hair. Nature, anyone?
- Green Thumb
- Outlaw: Once he was the law, now he runs from it.
- Will-o'-the-Wisp: He doesn't find it anything to be awfully proud of.
The Master - Jefferson BoragdineThe former owner of the Boragdine Mansion, and also pretty dead.
- All a Part of the Job
- Dirty Business
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dissonant Serenity
- Hero on Hiatus
- Lemony Narrator
- Seinfeldian Conversation
- The Wise Prince
The Scientist - Nathan Isburg
- Actual Pacifist: Even if he is a nuclear scientist/engineer, he really has no interest in hurting others.
- Adorkable: He's tiny, not very strong, and let's admit it he's max dork level.
- Being Personal Isn't Professional: He hates anything that is remotely personal, even about himself.
- For Science!
- Reluctant Mad Scientist
- Science Hero
- Surrounded by Idiots: Or so this is how he feels.
The Traveler - In'am
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.