- A Day in the Limelight: Any episode which has the Tek No brothers in the limelight, always expect Tek to take No's thunder
- Official Couple: Two actually. Tag/Eloise and Jeremy/Samira
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Subverted. Despite their nickname being the Bleus de Port Marie, the Rifflers have more red personality traits.
- Six Student Clique: Although they don't all go to the same school, they seem to fit along the following lines.
- The Head: Tag
- The Muscle: Samira Boudouce
- The Quirk: Tek and No Zaim
- The Pretty One: Eloïse Riffler
- The Smart One: Gabriel Daula
- The Wild One: Jeremy Webert
- True Companions: All seven of them.
Sebastian "Tag" Arias Oler (Formerly Tagano)Sebastian Arais Oler AKA Sebastian Tagano Tag is the main character and captain of the Rifflers. He is a fan of football and hopes to go professional. Tag is considered the coolest kid in school but he can be a bit of a bully and is prone to be jealous. Despite this, Tag is clever, charismatic and has fangirls chasing after him.Tag was born in Argentina to Pablo Arias Echevarne and Sophia Oler. By the time he was born, Argentina was already a communist state. Not long after, Sophia passed away, so Pablo took baby Sebastian to France. Tag's childhood wasn't easy. He got into trouble a lot and was the Riffler institute's school bully when he really just wanted a friend. Tag is very picky when choosing his friends and usually accepts them in his group only because of their passion for football.At the end of Season 4, he and Eloise are engaged to be married. They're also expecting their first child.
Voiced by: Herbert Grulla (Fra), David Gasman (Eng) David Garbolino (Ita), Hector Gomez (Mex)
"So, Tony. I thought you were ready?"
- The Ace: In his own right. He's smart, athletic and charismatic.
- Achilles in His Tent: On multiple occasions.
- Amazon Chaser: Why Eloïse is Tag's girlfriend.
- Anime Hair
- Big Man on Campus: Ever since Season 2, he's been the biggest celebrity in Port Marie.
- Bishōnen: He had hoards of fangirls despite being 14 . By the time he's 16, he gets a haircut and looks like Rocket.
- Book Dumb
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Chick Magnet
- Dashing Hispanic
- Deadpan Snarker: He gets it from his father.
- Distaff Counterpart: Samira.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: In one episode where he forces his crew to do training via martial arts.
- Mr Fan Service: Let us count the ways:
- Grumpy Bear
- Henpecked Husband: Eloise's favorite pass time in Season 2 is nitpicking at everything Tag does. And they're not even married. Yet.
- The Hero
- Jerk Ass: When he was a kid, especially to Gabriel.
- Latin Lover: Not that he knew he came from Argentina.
- Married to the Job: A part of Tag's personality which often upsets Eloise.
- Though sharing essentially the same job means they bring their relationship to the field, much to Gabriel's dismay.
- Meaningful Name: His nickname is a synonym for graffiti in French. His real name, Sebastian, means heroic.
- His name in the Italian dub, Lucifero, means devil and Tag was quite the little devil as a kid.
- Missing Mom: Sophia was murdered and the Argentine government passed it off as a car crash.
- Blue Oni Red Oni: The red to Gabriel's blue.
- The blue to Jeremy's red.
- Le Parkour: He eventually hangs out with much older Traceurs after Eloise ditches him at the last minute.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: His links to Shark and the others allows Tag to get almost anything he wants.
- Serious Business: How he usually sees football matches.
- Heck, everything Tag deals with IS serious business.
- No, seriously. If you want to be a member of the Rifflers, you must be a football fanatic 24/7. Tag makes the rules by his standards.
- Heck, everything Tag deals with IS serious business.
- Shirtless Scene: If you wonder why Eloise dates him.
- Spexico: His father is from Argentina.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- Team Dad: He's protective of Tek and No and often refers to Eloise as if she's his wife.
- Took a Level in Badass: Season 4 has Tag as an international manager. Eat your heart out, Sven Goran Eriksson.
- Training from Hell: He sometimes imposes this on himself and his own team.
- Tsundere: To Jeremy and Eloïse.
- He's also hostile towards authority and the upper class.
Eloise RifflerSince she was a baby, Eloise has been surrounded by the finest things in life. Sadly for her, her parents don't pay any attention to her. She literally has fanboys drooling over her, which she inherited from her mother. Despite this, Eloise doesn't want to be seen as a rich jerk.(This is why Tag resented her.)Eloise's grandfather owns the Riffler institute. Because of this, she has free access anytime she likes.At the end of Season 4, she and Tag are engaged to be married. She's also pregnant with their firstborn child.
Voiced by: Christelle Reboul (Fra), Jodi Forrest(Eng), Joanne Papandrea (Ita), Gaby Ugarte (Mex)
"Come on! Can't we celebrate our victory?"
- Abusive Parents: Not so much in Season 2 but in season 3, they abandoned her at the Melville while they had a party at their house.
- Action Girlfriend: Yep. That's her alright.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Averted. Tag might be a Bastard Boyfriend from time to time, but he would do anything to make sure Eloïse is happy.
- The Big Guy: She's more hot tempered than Samira.
- Bad Liar: Eloise isn't good from keeping secrets from Tag.
- Blatant Lies: So far this is her favorite tactic. When the Rifflers are going through a tough time without Tag, Eloise will always say the opposite just to stop him worrying.
- Big Man on Campus: She was on the cover on Urban Star.
- Butt-Monkey:Poor kid never gets a break.
- The Chick: She gets chewed out for this sometimes.
- Dude Magnet: In one episode in Season 3, her entire harem were male. To make matters worse, her mom encouraged her to be a dude magnet.
- Ms. Fanservice: If anything, she gets the most fanservice in the series and she's pissed off about it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Samira actually called her our for this when she ratted Atsuko out.
- Even though Tag chews her out over relationships, Samira chewed her out for breaking the Bro-Code.
- One of the Boys:So much that she persuades Tag to let Samira join the gang because she was the only girl.
- Really Gets Around: Tag sometimes mistakes her for this.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Believe it or not, she's the blue oni to everyone except Gabriel.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Subverted. Eloise doesn't use this tactic in any game but will use this outside.
- The Smurfette Principle: Was this in Season 1. We'll have to wait until Season 4 in case Samira doesn't return.
- Spicy Latina
- Stacy's Mom: Her mom is refered to one but it isn't mentioned.
- If Season 4 is a good season for Eloise and Tag to get to the next level, she might be candidate in the epilogue.
- Team Mom: As the only girl of the Rifflers, she was Tag's 2nd in command.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Subverted. Even though, she looks like the girly girl, Eloise is the tomboy.
- Too Dumb to Live: Tag and Samira have lampshaded this. Every time Eloise is on her own, Victoria will make sure that Tag forgets about her.
- Unwanted Harem: Oh dear God. Eloise has one of the biggest harems in Port Marie, it's almost moe.
Voiced by: Yann Le Madic (Fra), Luke Sandri (Ita), Irwin Daayan (Mex)
"Well I can. We turned those Road Runners into road kill"
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: He claims to be good at it and he makes several references to Jackie Chan and the Karate Kid whilst failing to chop a block with his hand. Even his mentor resembles Mr Miyagi.
- Big Eater: One of Jeremy's worst habits.
- Big Man on Campus: Ever since he joined the Rifflers, Jeremy is trying to big himself up.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Jeremy did study for a test only for the Rifflers to realise that he was trying to overthrow Tag.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Think Pasila Kyosti and Feliciano rolled into one.
- Butt-Monkey: Used To be until Season 3 where more Butt Monkey gags involve Eloise.
- Casanova Wannabe: Poor Samira must think twice before dating a guy like Jeremy.
- Catch-Phrase: Tak Tak Tak.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Let's call it a towel shall we?
- Chick Magnet: He wants to be one really bad but aren't we forgetting that Samira's the only chick he's attracted to?
- Dance Battler
- Deadpan Snarker
- Education Mama: Possibly one of the reasons he ran away from home
- To be fair, Jeremy ran away from home because his mother wouldn't let him see his father.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted. Jeremy's probably to clueless how to be a Tsundere except when Samira's involved.
- Idiot Hero: Despite being The Lancer, Jeremy could even star in his own Shonen manga comic.
- Jerk Jock: He's even worse than Tag.
- The Lancer: He isn't very happy about this. In Season 3, Jeremy seems to be Tag's right hand man. Whenever Tag goes Awol, Jeremy's more than happy to take his place and agreeing with him.
- Large Ham: He often claims to be 10 times better than Tag.However, Tag will never let Jeremy forget that he's number one.
- Official Couple: Him and Samira. As soon as the foot massage scene kicked in it was love at first sight (At least in Samira's point of view).
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: He claims to be the blue oni, but he's too lazy so he's everybody's red oni, except the twins.
- Team Dad: He is often this to Tek and No. Out of the twins, Tek seems to get along with him.
- Walking Techbane: He had a habit of breaking computers especilly in Season 2.
Voiced by: Alicia Fleury (Fra)
We crushed them! I can't beleive we beat the Road Runners 5-0!"
- The Ace: Smart and athletic. If Tag was abscent for some reason, she automatically fills the roll of The Hero.
- Berserk Button: Hit on Jeremy infront of her and she will threaten you.
- Go on; I dare you to say anything racist or sexist I dare you.
- The Big Guy: More so in Season 3.
- Big Man on Campus: Beside the Rifflers, Samira has friends outside her own team such as Atsuko, Prenda and Manuella.
- Chekhov's Gun: Anything involving Samira has got to be a Chekhov's gun.
- The Chick: She was this is Season 2 because she was more friendly. In Season 4, it gets worse when she becomes a victim of Ms Pradet's sabotage attempts.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Distaff Counterpart: She is Tag's counterpart in terms of personality.
- Gentle Giant: She becomes this in Season 4.
- Gabriel, who was the oldest (As well as the tallest since his birthday was mentioned) left for Paris and Samira seems to be the 2nd oldest and the tallest (Although she's the same height as Tag).
- The Lancer: If Tag's not around, she becomes this to Eloise, who's The Hero.
- Otaku: She loves manga and anime much to Eloise's dismay.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: For some reason, she has bigger eyes than the rest of her friends.
- Single-Issue Psychology: Samira must've seen her father get beat up in a race attack when she moved to France. This has left her traumatized. if somebody mentions it without knowing it, she would threaten to kill them.
- Serious Business: Other than football, Samira is also a fan of Manga and Anime. Even insulting Japanese culture would force Samira to start saying to your face that you just said the wrong thing at the wrong time.
- Team Mom: To Jeremy and the twins. It's not bad having younger siblings. Just ask Momo and he'll tell you the info.
- Some of the older kids like Tag and Eloise take her advice.
- As of Season 4, Samira is the oldest member of the Rifflers.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Samira is actually the tomboy.
- Tsundere: A Type B in Season 2 but a Type A in season 3. Samira is the easily angered one(Although not on Tag's level) and Takeshi had to learn the hard way.
- Who's Laughing Now?: After getting in trouble for something Yacine did again, Samira finally has enough which includes berating him much to the surprise of Tag, Eloise, Jeremy and No. The real kicker is, everyone thought that Samira was the easy going one who never gets mad at the littlest thing.
Tek and No Zaim
Voiced by: Paschale Chemin(Fra) Irwin Daayan(Mex)
- Butt-Monkey: Tek can't really catch a break. He does get better, though.
- Cute Bruiser: Both of them.
- Genius Bruiser: No
- Identical Twin ID Tag: One of the Tekno Twins (Tek and No) played with this trope in "Alter Ego" until he learned the four boys in the Scottish team are brothers of the one girl of their team.
- Likes Older Women: Both of them fit this description. Especially Tek who eventually hits it off with Lizare.
- Those Two Guys: Well, tey are twins.
- Single-Minded Twins
- Tsundere: Tek
- The Unfavorite: Tek used to think this was him until their father announced that he was going to Arsenal.
Gabriel N Daula
Voiced by: Athur Pestel(Fra) Victor Urgarte(Mex) Mirabelle Kirkland(Eng)
- Asian and Nerdy
- Badass Bookworm
- Black and Nerdy
- Butt-Monkey:More of that in Season 2
- Extreme Doormat:He gets this treatment whenever Eloise goes missing.
- No wait, scratch that! He was this to Tag in most of Season 1.
- Nice Guy: One of the nicest characters on the show.
- Potty Emergency:After he scored the winning goal against the Scorpions, he dashed off behind a shed to relieve himself. When the Rifflers congratulate him, Tag makes fun of him whilst Tek, No and Eloise look on.
Voiced by: Paschale Chemin(Fra)
- Cute Bruiser: And how.
- Devil in Plain Sight
- Karma Houdini: There are two reasons Yacine never gets blamed:
- Ms Pradet will automatically blame Samira, who's older than him.
- Yacine's only 5 years old which makes him even more annoying.
- The Smart Guy: Supposed to be.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Not so loveable.
- Meaningful Name: Romane is a hopeless romantic.
- Really Gets Around: As her name implies.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: She replaces Eloise, but it turned out to be a hoax.
open/close all folders
Parents of the Rifflers
Pablo Arias Echervane
- Blue Oni
- Disappeared Dad: He was in prison when Tag was a baby.
- Genius Bruiser: He was this back in the day. It is impied that Tag has his athletisism from him.
- Nice Guy: He's the most laid back of the team's parents.
- Open-Minded Parent: Very open minded.
- Team Dad: He took his son and his firends to the park. Talk about awesome.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: He's taller than his wife and daughter.
- Large Ham: Much to the shock of Saleem and Albert. Dear God, they must be hearing the same things if Eloise picks up on his habits.
- The One Guy: He's the only male member of Eloise's family to be seen.
- Overprotective Dad: He didn't like Tag in Season 1.
- Royal Brat: Although his doesn't act bratty.
- Red Oni
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Serious Business: Count Riffler will do anything to make sure he and his family are in the media spotlight.
- Hot Shojo Mom
- The Ojou
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Serious Business: Whenever Eloise is in the media spotlight.
- Stacy's Mom: Seriously, Riffler's mom has got it going on.
- Team Mom: Other than Pablo, Mrs Riffler has also been a mentor for the team even taking them to Brazil.
- Big Man on Campus: Back in Algeria he was already a star athlete.
- Open-Minded Parent: Surprisingly, Mr Zaim allows his sons to play sports.
- Parental Favoritism: He subverts this.At first it seems like the Tek No sisters are favorites but it seems that Tek is the favorite.
- Serious Business: Tek seems to inherit this trait from his dad.
Mr and Mrs N Daula
The Meninos Of Brazil
- Bare Your Midriff: Both Zangezinho and Pepigna. Him because he's tall and her because she's the only girl.
- Drives Like Crazy: Eduardo again.
- Five-Man Band:
- Too Dumb to Live: Eduardo has eventually done some stuff in his prime.
- Also Milton getting to the point that even Zangezinho lampshades this, much to Tag's shock.
Voiced by: Matthew Gezcy(Eng)
- Defeat Means Friendship: After the finals in Season 1, Zangezinho is still friends with the Rifflers, mainly Tag and Eloise due to the love triangle.
- Nice Guy:In comparission to what Tag thought, Zangezinho is a nice guy who doesen't mean any harm.
- Those Two Guys: Him and Sinead.
- Drives Like Crazy
- No Celebrities Were Harmed:He kinda looks like Ronaldo doesn't he?
- Too Dumb to Live
- Genius Ditz
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He looks like Ronaldinho but skinnier.
- Too Dumb to Live: Zangezinho said it and Tag saw it.
- The Big Guy: Miguelinho played as a goalkeeper once against the Chinese team.
The Dolphins of Oceania
The Dolphins of Kiribati
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Fara
- Fat Bastard: Tubo
- Five-Bad Band
- Fluffy the Terrible: Their name.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Oscar, especially in "Disappearance" where he let Eloise escape from the storage, "Cruise With Nico" where he cheered Victoria up and "Welcome To Tunis" when he and Harry join forces with Tag, Eloise and Jeremy.
- Victoria has her moments as well especially when her attempts to reunite Tag with Pablo worked. Not only was Victoria well liked among the Rifflers but she wanted to her friendship with Eloise to continue and it worked.
- Karma Houdini: Victoria hardly claims responsibility for the trouble she caused Tag.
- Oscar never got his when he kissed Eloise. Tag didn't even mention about it in "Welcome To Tunis."
- Shipper on Deck: Every single one of them ship Eloise with Mochi.
- Big Bad:He is at the penultimate episode of Season 3.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Karma Houdini: Tag never got to call him out on kissing Eloise.
- Only Sane Man:The only one of the Dolphins to call Victoria out.
- Scary Black Man: Subverted
- Shipper on Deck: He ships Mochi/Eloise, much to Tag's dismay.
- Think Nothing of It: When he and Harry join forces with Tag, Eloise and Jeremy, nobody seems to remember what happened in "Diva".
- The Brute
- Fat Bastard
- Scary Black Man:Subverted.
- Shipper on Deck: Like Oscar, Tubo also ships Eloise with Mochi to the points he has a crush on her.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde
- The Dragon
- Jerk Jock
- Scary Black Man
- Those Two Guys: Him and Oscar were the only ones forced to kidnap Eloise. By Victoria
- Think Nothing of It: When he and Oscar join forces with Tag.
The Ninjas of Tokyo
The Ninjas of Tokyo
- Five-Man Band
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Zanji looks like Izzy Izumi whist Takeshi looks like Sasuke Uchida.
- Shout-Out: To Digimon Adventure and Naruto.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: The Samurais of Tokyo are inplied to be rivals
- Tsundere: Every single one of them.
- The Big Guy: And they used him as a sumo wrestler instead of a badass samurai
- Dumb Muscle: Subverted. Bunji might look it but he's smarter than he appears.
- Anime Hair: Looks like a cross between Sasuke and Gohan.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Atsuko
- Deadpan Snarker
- Jerk Ass: Implied to be this to Atsuko.
- Jerk Jock: His misogynist comments got Samira pissed off with him.
- The Lancer
- Perpetual Frowner
- The Stoic
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: His name is even similar to Hiroki Ishiyama
- The Smart Guy
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Anime Hair
- Expy:Of Tai. Except shorter, paler and stoic.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: His hair looks like Tai's
- The Stoic
- Cool Shades
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Expy: Of Izzy. Both of them have red hair and are listed as The Smart Guy
- The Smart Guy
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Takeshi.
- The Chick
- Deadpan Snarker
- Education Mama: Her father is an example of this. After he wanted her to focus soley on her studies, she finally called him out. Eloise, Samira, Fede and Atsuko's family were shocked. By the way, her dad looks like Kyoya's and her mom looks like Sora's.
- Jerk Ass
- Jerk Jock: Eloise's first impression of her plus she has the letterman to prove it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She might be an ass to Eloise but she's a friend of Samira.
The Sharks Of The Port