This is the cast of characters from the Disney Channel
series Austin & Ally
Main Characters (in order of billing)
One of the two central protagonists
of the story, Austin is an aspiring singer who eventually comes to partner up with Ally to sing the songs that she writes.
- Acting for Two: Ross Lynch does this in the episode "Kangaroos & Chaos", playing Ralphie Hayes, a kid who's famous for eating dog food on a TV commercial, and Austin worries people are going to mistake him for that kid.
- Adorkable: He has his moments.
- Bad Liar: Just behind Dez as the 2nd worst at lying.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: In "Tunes & Trials", Ally gives Austin a songbook to help him write his first song. When she reaches for it to show him something, he says "Don't touch my book."
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Austin can be too laid back, but yet can sing and play a variety of instruments.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Austin, although not to the extent Dez does. Austin usually goes along with whatever crazy idea Dez comes up with.
- The Ditz: He thinks and insists zebras aren't real.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Monica.
- Establishing Character Moment: He runs into the store with Dez to play the drums with corn dogs.
- Everything Is an Instrument: Austin is first shown playing the drums with corndogs.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Sanguine.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Austin is seen twice wearing boxers with trucks on them.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's sweet, a little naive and a genuinely Nice Guy.
- The Hero
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Dez.
- It's All About Me: All the time, even though he will figure out his mistake and right the wrong by the end of the episodes.
- Keet: "I'm Austin, and I like pancakes!"
- Nice Guy: Even if he screws up sometimes, he is nice to a fault. He's sweet, gentle and when he comes to understanding the feelings of others if he has hurt them, he will try his hardest to make up for it. Go look at the Heartwarming page for examples.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: He falls into this a couple of times:
- In one episode, he borrows a guitar from the store to get it autographed by Bruno Mars for Ally, as a way of making up for the fact that he'd been late to rehearsal. Unfortunately, he gets caught on the security camera in Sonic Boom, making people think that he's the person responsible for the string of thefts in the mall.
- Another episode features him being grounded because his grades are slipping. He sneaks out of the house in order to keep his promise to Ally to perform at her fundraiser. As you might expect, his parents find out and force him to do nothing but come home and study as punishment.
- Obliviously Evil: For a given value of "evil" in "Rockers & Writers". Stealing Ally's song was a pretty horrible thing to do, but in his defense, he didn't even realize he'd done it. He seriously believed the song was something he'd created.
- One Head Taller: Austin is one head taller than Ally.
- Pretty Boy
- Teens Are Short: Averted, at the start of the series he's a 6 foot tall 14-year old.
- Teen Idol: Austin strives to become this.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pancakes.
The other central protagonist
of the story, Ally is a nerdy, Shrinking Violet
singer-songwriter who tends to be the Straight Man
to the constant shenanigans surrounding her. Ally is the brains behind Team Austin
, and is responsible for writing Austin's songs and taking care of the Sonic Boom music store owned by her father.
Trish De la Rosa
Patricia "Trish" Maria De la Rosa is a fashionista who becomes Austin's personal stylist and manager. Trish is also Ally's best friend since kindergarten.
Portrayed by: Calum Worthy
Dez is an aspiring director who films everything that he can. He filmed Austin singing Ally's song, "Double Take", and posted it online. Austin is his long time best friend.
- Ambiguously Gay: Very subtly (and occasionally not so subtly) moving into this territory. When Ally's friend from camp shows up, Dez goes "Hunk alert!"
- Bad Liar: Dez is the worst and will crack under the slightest bit of pressure.
- Bag of Holding: Dez's backpack contains whatever's relevant to the gag.
- Big Eater: Dez is known as "the guy who ate the twenty-pound hamburger".
- The Big Guy: With shades of The Lancer.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Dez is completely random, but from what we saw of the first music video he made, awesome at directing.
- The Ditz
- Extreme Omnivore: Dez once deep-fried several objects, which he probably ate. One of these objects was his own shoe.
- Fiery Redhead: In the most innocent way possible.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Phlegmatic.
- Fun T-Shirt: Dez's whole wardrobe consists of these.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Austin.
- Honor Before Reason: Dez is a man of his word.
- When he leaves old, embarrassing pictures of Austin for H8r Girl to take as bait for a trap, he actually used real pictures because of this.
- When he tried to get everyone to get out of line by telling everyone he'd hidden a horseshoe that could be redeemed for the MyTab the gang was standing in line for, it was also real and also resulted in them losing the MyTab.
- Motor Mouth
- Only One Name
- Obsessed with Food
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Red-Headed Hero
- Shipper on Deck: for Austin and Ally. He really thinks they should date.
- Too Dumb to Live: He thinks "BFF" stands for "Best Freckled Friend", he accidentally gave H8er Girl some advice on attacking Ally directly, nearly got them killed when he sank Shiny Money's boat.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Trish. As he told Trent, nobody gets to be mean to Trish but him.
- Wacky Guy
- Youthful Freckles
Portrayed by: Cole Sand
Nelson is an awkward young boy who takes music lessons from Ally. He tends to show up at the music store for one reason or another and turn out to have mixed up a word for a word that sounds alike, such as "oboe" and "hobo", resulting in him having done something difficult he didn't need to do.
Portrayed by: Andy Miller
Ally's father. He is the owner of the music store Sonic Boom
, and is cheerfully disdainful of Ally's musical talents.
Portrayed by: Noah Centineo
Ally's crush and a former employee at a cell phone accessories cart.