This is the cast of characters from the Disney Channel
series Austin & Ally
Main Characters (in order of billing)
- Obliviously Evil: For a given value of "evil" in "Rockers & Writers". Stealing Ally's song was a pretty horrible thing to do, but in his defense, he didn't even realize he'd done it. He seriously believed the song was something he'd created. T-Fame even points this out to Austin, the former of whom essentially did the same thing to him (though with full knowledge of what he was doing).
- Official Couple: Not quite; he and Ally are noted to have "a thing", yet it's the closest they have to a dating relationship.
- One Head Taller: Austin is one head taller than Ally.
- Pretty Boy
- Teens Are Short: Averted, at the start of the series he's a 6 foot tall 14-year old.
- Teen Idol: Austin strives to become this.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pancakes.
The other central protagonist
of the story, Ally is a nerdy, Shrinking Violet
singer-songwriter who tends to be the Straight Man
to the constant shenanigans surrounding her. Ally is the brains behind Team Austin
, and is responsible for writing Austin's songs and taking care of the Sonic Boom music store owned by her father.
Patricia "Trish" Maria De la Rosa
Trish is a fashionista who becomes Austin's personal stylist and manager. She is also Ally's best friend since kindergarten.
Portrayed by: Calum Worthy
Dez is an aspiring director who films everything that he can. He filmed Austin singing Ally's song, "Double Take", and posted it online. Austin is his long time best friend.
- Bad Liar: Dez is the worst and will crack under the slightest bit of pressure.
- Bag of Holding: Dez's backpack contains whatever's relevant to the gag.
- Big Eater: Dez is known as "the guy who ate the twenty-pound hamburger".
- The Big Guy: With shades of The Lancer.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Dez is completely random, but from what we saw of the first music video he made, awesome at directing.
- Camp Straight: When Ally's friend from camp shows up, Dez goes "Hunk alert!"
- Another example is the episode "Glee Clubs and Glory" were he acts more flamboyant than usual and sings "Finally Me" during the final mashup which sounds an awful lot like a coming out song.
- But he finally gets a girlfriend, Carrie, in "Cupids & Cuties".
- Deadpan Snarker: He gets some good ones during season 2 and 3.
- The Ditz
- Extreme Omnivore: Dez once deep-fried several objects, which he probably ate. One of these objects was his own shoe.
- Fiery Redhead: In the most innocent way possible.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Phlegmatic.
- Fun T-Shirt: Dez's whole wardrobe consists of these.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Austin.
- Honor Before Reason: Dez is a man of his word.
- When he leaves old, embarrassing pictures of Austin for H8r Girl to take as bait for a trap, he actually used real pictures because of this.
- When he tried to get everyone to get out of line by telling everyone he'd hidden a horseshoe that could be redeemed for the MyTab the gang was standing in line for, it was also real and also resulted in them losing the MyTab.
- Motor Mouth
- Only One Name: A Running Gag until "Fanatics & Favors" reveals that his last name is Wade and he's related to Dwayne Wade.
- Obsessed with Food
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Red-Headed Hero
- Shipper on Deck: for Austin and Ally. He really thinks they should date.
- Too Dumb to Live: He thinks "BFF" stands for "Best Freckled Friend", he accidentally gave H8er Girl some advice on attacking Ally directly, nearly got them killed when he sank Shiny Money's boat.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Trish. As he told Trent, nobody gets to be mean to Trish but him.
- Wacky Guy
- Youthful Freckles
Portrayed by: Cole Sand
Nelson is an awkward young boy who takes music lessons from Ally. He tends to show up at the music store for one reason or another and turn out to have mixed up a word for a word that sounds alike, such as "oboe" and "hobo", resulting in him having done something difficult he didn't need to do.
Portrayed by: Andy Miller
Ally's father. He is the owner of the music store Sonic Boom
, and is cheerfully disdainful of Ally's musical talents.
Portrayed by: Noah Centineo
Ally's crush and a former employee at a cell phone accessories cart.