open/close all folders
Portrayed by: China Anne McClain
- The Ace: A multitalented musical prodigy.
- Big Little Sister: She's taller than her older brother Cameron.
- Broken Ace: She's not very good at math.
- The Cast Show Off: She gets to sing at least once per episode. It's even Lampshaded by Lexi in "chANTs of a lifetime".Lexi: I spent $400 on tickets to see you sing? I see that every day for free!
- Expy: Of Raven Baxter, Carly Shay, and Tori Vega.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The talented Responsible Sibling to Cameron's Foolish untalented Dumbass Teenage Son.
- Genki Girl: She's pretty energetic and adventurous.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Olive. They are very close best friends.
- Idol Singer: Chyna and Lexi both get chances to showcast their natural talents. There is even an episode where they make to the Hollywood phase of an Idol show spoof, called America Needs Talent.
- Nice Girl: Often shown to be sweet and caring towards others.
- Not So Above It All: Chyna can be really selfish sometimes.
- Only Sane Woman: At least compared to the people she hangs out with, but she has her irrational moments too.
- Plucky Girl: Chyna is very adventurous and sees high school as an exciting place.
- Sassy Black Girl: Downplayed but sometimes has this attutide when she speaks her mind.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Lexi. Lexi always loses.
- Shipper on Deck: For Fletcher & Olive, as seen in "patANT pending".
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: Though she doesn't have it as bad as the main male cast.
- Team Mom: The other A.N.T.s don't depend on her for nothing.
Portrayed by: Sierra McCormick
- Adorkable: Not entirely the stereotypical dork, but she has a large brain capacity, which she fills with very advanced subjects such as physics and calculus, she finds homework and extra credit assignments fun and can be quite awkward and eccentric. She's still very pretty and Angus finds her attractive.
- Awkward Kiss: She gets one from Fletcher at the end of unwANTed.
- "What the heck?!" and "Interesting factoid" (and, to a degree, "Hollah!").
- Season 3 introduces "Zazzow!".
- Cloudcuckoolander: As seen in "The PhANTom Locker". She blow dries her hair in Chyna's locker. It barely makes sense in context.
- Cunning Linguist: Olive is called upon by the principal to translate Japanese to a prospective Japanese Ant. She also says a few phrases in other languages in other episodes such as German and Danish, and speaks English in quite a few different foreign accents.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Olive speaks relatively loudly and with an overdone accent of sorts.
- The Cutie: She is the youngest person ever inducted into Mensa and is a cute girl whith long blonde hair.
- Ditzy Genius: While very book smart due to having super memory, she has very childish moments, such as believing Cameron's ghost story, having way more fun while the rest of the ANTs are playing musical chairs, and her overall naivete. At least somewhat justified in that the character is only 12 at the beginning of the series. Maturity comes with experience.
- Dumb Blonde: Subverted since she has the greatest mental capacity on the show, she rarely puts it to good use, as a result, she sometimes ends up looking dumb and childish at times. She begins to play with this trope in "intelligANT".
- Expy: Of Lilly Truscott and Sam Puckett.
- Fangirl: Of Professor Marcy McLaughlin.
- Flanderization: She went from a mere cloudcuckoolander who can be Innocently Insensitive in the first season to a full-blown jerkass later on.
- Gamer Chick: In "Replic ANT". She surpasses Cameron's high score in Donkey King and would have won a Donkey King competition had a blackout not happened. And while her proficiency in that game is attributed to her super memory, she also easily handled having to play a live-action of the game staged by Cameron and Wacky the Wolf, complete with barrels, ladders, hammers and an apple
- Genki Girl: When she gets excited.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Chyna. They are very close best friends.
- Innocent Prodigy: Despite her intellect, Olive is very much a child. Chyna is able to trick Olive into spending the night in the "haunted locker" (to prove it's not haunted) by leading her to the school blindfolded. Olive believes she's in Chyna's house playing a game of Pin The Tail on the Donkey.
- Insufferable Genius: She can be a know it all, especially around Fletcher.
- Jerkass: In her case her over-analytical mind seems to give her a Lack of Empathy, plus she's a Cloudcuckoolander. Most of her moments are directed at Fletcher.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Olive's Masculine Girl and Fletcher's Feminine Boy
- Motor Mouth: At times she speaks fast, combined with her Genki Girl tendencies.
- No Indoor Voice: Mostly in the first season, but it still shows up at times.
- Photographic Memory: Her talent, and what landed her in the A.N.T. Farm to begin with.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her blonde hair is very long.
- Teen Genius: The ANTs are usually geniuses in their individual specialism but Olive is the only one who can be considered a genius in a more general sense. Her eidetic memory make her basically a human computer and she has the greatest mental ability on the show.
- Token Evil Teammate: She's been developing into one in season 3, even to the point of being worse than Lexi.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: From Season 2 onward Olive becomes bossier, more self-centred, and enjoys other people's pain (and doesn't hesitate to inflict pain on others either). In Season 3, it came to a point in one episode where she ended up being worse than Lexi.
Portrayed by: Jake Short
- Abusive Parents: Implied in several instances.
- Book Dumb: Yet this did not prevent him from being in the ANT program
- Born Unlucky: He's the Butt-Monkey. Plus, his parents don't seem very supportive of his artistic ability.
- Butt-Monkey: His talent is usually dismissed as useless and everyone treats him as an idiot. It even gets worse in Season 3, where most people treats him like he's nobody, Olive acts more aggressively toward him, and for some reason, the entire country hates him
- The Chew Toy: Evolves into this later on. If anyone is going to be hit, teased, thrown, slapped, yelled at, or receive dirty looks it'll be Fletcher.
- Deadpan Snarker: He has his moments. He could easily be the snarkiest character on the show but his ditziness keeps him in check.
- The Dog Bites Back: Despite his status as the Butt Monkey, Fletcher proves in "feature presANTation" that he does have limits to how much he will endure. In the episode, Fletcher hasn't been able to sleep for days because Angus keeps having nightmares waking him up. He spends the episode helping him with this problem, while Angus acts like a total jerkass towards him. After his final plan to help him ends with them simulating being on a boat, causing Fletcher to still be awake and even fall in a bowl of fish, he finally snaps and, in a particularly impressive and gratifying moment, he not only stands up to Angus, but actually chases him around the school, leaving Angus able to do nothing but run and scream in terror.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Chyna. He serves just the same functions as Freddie did but minus the nerd tendency.
- Dumbass Has a PointOlive: "With no rules I feel like I'm slowly dying."Fletcher: "Technically we're all slowly dying, I believe it's called aging."
- Expy: Of Freddie Benson, complete with being the Butt Monkey (but more worse than Freddie's). Though their personalities differ, as well as liking a specific subject (Freddie's Tech knowledge to Fletcher's Art). Also, of Isaac Mendez of Heroes, to an extent.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Fletcher's Feminine Boy and Olive's Masculine Girl
- Flanderization: His Butt-Monkey status is so exaggerated by Season 3 that you're more likely to see him getting hurt and insulted than actually, well, making art.
- Genius Ditz: Fletcher's great at art, but thinks snow angels are dead snowmen.
- Horrible Judge of Character: At times, he ended up going along with the plans of villains, even when they admit their villainy. For example, he blindly agrees to paint Principal Skidmore even though she admitted to his face that she just uses the A.N.T. Farm as a sweatshop. Another example is when Lexi has Fletcher be the fall guy, so that she wouldn't get in trouble.
- Keet: "Hey Lexi, it's Fletcher from school!"
- Little Boy Seeks Big Girl:
- Fletcher occasionally tends to forget about Chyna when he's around Paisley, especially whenever Paisley hugs Fletcher. One such example (from the pilot no less) happens to be the pictured example on said Tropes page. So far it happened twice in the show, but he implied about Paisley on "chANTs of a lifetime" when he said he's moving to his 2nd best choice (since Chyna is gone).
- Does this again with Kennedy, and has a relationship with her, but it turned out to be a facade.
- Pie in the Face: Gets one of these from Chyna in sANTa's little helpers.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: Definitely lost more than a few IQ points from late Season 2 onward.
Portrayed by: Stefanie Scott
- Alpha Bitch: Lexi's personality is typically played for laughs. She either parodies or exaggerates most traits of an Alpha Bitch. Although she developed into a Lovable Alpha Bitch later on.
- Attention Whore: To amazing levels. Lexi would do anything to be in the school paper, even if it means appealing to Olive, despite the fact that she generally dislikes the ANTs.
- Catch-Phrase: "Shut up, Paisley!" and "You have got to be kidding me!"
- Characterization Marches On: Becomes more of a comedic frenemy to the ANTs as the show progresses instead of a straight-up villain.
- The Cheerleader: The blonde bitchy type of cheerleader.
- Diminishing Villain Threat: Though she was initially designated as the main antagonist, that gets usurped by Principal Skidmore overtime.
- Freudian Excuse: "america needs talANT" tells us that the reason Lexi makes fun of Chyna is because she's secretly worried that she isn't as good as Chyna. Season 3 also shows that she's something of an insecure closet geek, which actually explains a lot.
- Good with Numbers: How she gets into the ANT Program.
- Guilty Pleasure: Lexi had two of these: First for the Stinkles movie, and later for Glarcon, after taking a glance at the comic book.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Paisley. Lexi may be annoyed by the latter's stupidity but still sees her as her best friend.
- Hidden Depths: The Season 3 premiere reveals that she is a math genius.
- Hypocrite: Usually. Season 3 brought more light into this, as she always said she hates the ANTs, but turned out to be a math prodigy. Actually, both of the above makes her more of a Closet Geek who tormented the ANTs relentlessly because she IS one, and doesn't want others to know, so they wouldn't treat her the same way.
- It's All About Me: In "PatANT Pending", Paisley's broken arm gets all the attention and Lexi gets ignored and becomes jealous, and decides to pretend to have broken limbs in order to get noticed.
- Jerkass: She's manipulative, selfish, and mean to nearly everyone.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She has her moments, showing genuine care toward Paisley at times.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: In later episodes. She gradually becomes more likable.
- Manipulative Bitch: In spades. In "ParticipANTs", she lets Chyna onto the cheerleading squad just to wear her out so she would be too tired to audition for the school musical. This actually ends up working to Chyna's advantage when she shows up to audition and inadvertantly delivers the best monologue the drama teacher has ever heard.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Narcissist: She is always looking at herself in the mirror.
- Odd Friendship: With Cameron at times. She's also the character that's closest to Zoltan (other than his secretary, but even he's more chummy with Lexi than her).
- The Rival: To Chyna. She was also the lead of all of the school musicals until Chyna showed up.
- Screw Yourself: G-rated version of this at the end of "idANTity crisis".
- Ship Tease: With Cameron in some episodes where they interact. It's implied Cameron may have a crush on her.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Chyna. Chyna always wins.
Portrayed by: Carlon Jeffery
- Butt-Monkey: Shares the role with Fletcher. He's treated like an idiot by everyone.
- Demoted to Extra: He's been replaced by Angus in Season 3.
- The Ditz: He's not that smart. Still smarter than Paisley though.
- Dumbass Teenage Son: Chyna's older brother and probably the third dumbest person on the show.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The Foolish Dumbass Teenage Son to Chyna's Responsible talented sibling.
- Odd Friendship: With Lexi and Paisley. They are both popular cheerleaders while Cameron is pretty much a loser.
- Put on a Bus: Though he returns in "feature presANTation".
- Ship Tease: With both Lexi and Paisley, depending on the episode, although it's just a case of Odd Friendship (or odd frenemies, in Lexi's case). Cameron seems to be attracted to both.
- The UnfavouriteCameron: But dad, does she have to go to my high school? I mean she's only 11.
Daryl: It's not Chyna's fault that she's gifted, anymore than it's your fault that you're...not.
Portrayed by: Aedin Mincks
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Olive and is one of the rare male cases of this.
- Ascended Extra: In season 3, replacing Cameron.
- Big Eater: He eats a lot, as seen in many episodes.
- Casanova Wannabe: He fancies himself as a Kid-anova, but he's not that successful.
- Expy: Of Gibby.
- Fat Bastard: He's starting to become one of these.
- Obsessed with Food: He once ate everything at a restaurant in less than an afternoon but was still starving so he ordered a pizza. He also bought everything from a bacon truck even though he doesn't like the food that much. .
- Promotion to Opening Titles: He replaces Cameron in the Season 3 opening credits.
- Stalker With a Crush: To Olive. He has a huge, but unrequited crush on her.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Becomes more a Fat Bastard by Season 3.
Portrayed by: Allie DeBerry
- Achievements in Ignorance: Sometimes to Reality Warper levels. She's made a helicopter out of balloons that worked and did a full body gift wrapping of herself!
- Brainless Beauty: "I don't even know my own strength! "Strength" means "address", right?"
- The Cheerleader: Of the Brainless Beauty type, while her friend Lexi is the Alpha Bitch type. How original.
- The Ditz: She sometimes forgets that her name is Paisley.
- Dumb Blonde: Easily the dumbest character on the show and she is blonde.
- Dumb Is Good: She's much nicer than her Manipulative Bitch friend Lexi.
- Expy: Of Cat Valentine, minus mentioning her brother.
- Genius Ditz: Paisley is apparently able to build a functioning helicopter out of balloons. Complete with a rope ladder. In two seconds.
- Genki Girl: She is very perky and energetic.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Lexi. Lexi may be annoyed by Paisley's stupidity but still sees her as her best friend.
Portrayed by: Mindy Sterling
- 0% Approval Rating: All the students hate her.
- Alliterative Name: Susan Skidmore
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She was placed in a room with a live bear, but she singlehandedly defeated it!
- Dean Bitterman: Fits the role of the mean principal really well.
- Evil Redhead: She's one of the main antagonists and has red hair.
- Jerkass: She's greedy, self-serving, and corrupt.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: In the Season 3 Premiere, she made the school run down, hoping a billionaire inventor would fund the school for her own needs, but instead, he decided to make his own ANT boarding school and takes the ANTs under his wing, thus freeing the ANTs from Skidmore's tyranny.
- Sadist Teacher: She uses the A.N.T. Farm as a sweathop, and once openly admitted to Fletcher that the entire purpose of the A.N.T. Farm is so she can exploit the kids' talents for her own benefit.
- Small Name, Big Ego: She's firmly convinced that she's young and beautiful, to the point where she cannot believe her own reflection is her.
Portrayed by: Finesse Mitchell
Portrayed by: Zach Steel
- Catchphrase: "Welcome to the A.N.T. Farm!", sometimes followed up with "I love doing that!".
- The Ditz: He is one of the less smart people in the series.
- Expy: Of Spencer Shay.
- Funny Afro: His Jewfro acts as a Bag of Holding.
- Hammerspace Hair: He keeps, among other things, licorice, fresh tissues and corn cobs in his hair.
- Literal-Minded:Chyna: What is Gibson's idea of a perfect date?
Gibson: November 3rd!
Wacky The Wolf
Portrayed by: Christian Campos
- The Voiceless: Wacky the Wolf never speaks and when Lexi impersonates Wacky, talking nearly blows her cover.
Portrayed by: Claire Engler
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Violet easily takes down Officer Parks in "infANT".
Portrayed by: Dominic Burgess
- Cloudcuckoolander: He tries to market phones to pets for one thing. And babies. No, we're serious.
- Nonetheless, he is a genius in his own right.
Portrayed by: Tom T. Choi
- Ascended Extra: Started out as one-shot character in Suite Life On Deck, before becoming a main antagonist in A.N.T. Farm.
- Bad Boss: Using humans as guinea pigs? Check. Resorting to unpaid child labor? Check. Forcing his employees to sleep in tubes? Double check.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In The Suite Life on Deck, he was a fair and honorable Honest Corporate Executive whose biggest flaw is he was very determined to make sure no one knew his secret recipes. Compare him to the now criminal and cold-hearted man he is in this show (although his Start of Darkness began when Zoltan created the new ANT Farm, which led him to ruthlessly do whatever it takes to bring him down).
Portrayed by: Zibby Allen
Kennedy Van Buren
Portrayed by: Piper Curda