- Five-Man Band
- The Hero: Sealand, being made of steel he's also the strongest.
- The Lancer: Wy, in virtue of being the Only Sane Woman and resident Deadpan Snarker.
- The Big Guy: Molossia, the most aggressive and unstable of the group.
- The Smart Guy: Hutt River, of the comic relief kind.
- The Chick: Kugelmugel.
- Big Brother Mentor: Seborga, the oldest member.
- Sixth Ranger: Ladonia is the type who antagonizes The Hero and actually tries to take over the position of leader.
- Team Pet: Either Hutt River's bilby or Molossia's dog.
- I Just Want To Be In The UN
- Phenotype Stereotype: Very downplayed compared to most of the other nations.
- Power Trio: The three original members were the ¡Three Amigos! type:
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Considering how odd their nationhood came to be, they fit the bill.
- They Clean Up Nicely: All of them (save Nikko-Nikko), in this picture.◊
- And zig-zagged: Most of them usually wear normal clothes, and are shown wearing formal outfits. Hutt River usually goes around in his royal family's regalia (including a purple cape) and shows up in a plainer, more subtle-coloured outfit, but said outfit includes a light brown tailcoat, which is more formal than the suits the other boys wear.
- Toy Story: Seborga, Wy and Sealand's costumes for Hetaween 2011 are a take-off from this.
open/close all folders
Principality of Sealand - Peter Kirkland
Aim for it! Sealand will enter the G8!
Voiced by: Kanae Kasuga (Flower of Iris CD), Haruka Hoshizuki (promotional Hetalia clips), Ai Orikasa (JP), Maxey Whitehead (EN)A sea fort that was neglected by England that became a nation before England knew what happened! He's an active boy with a really cheerful voice who's the self-proclaimed smallest nation in the world! England finds him irritating but that doesn't really concern Sealand at all. The Price of Sealand always seems to go somewhere everyday so the soldiers left there look after Sealand while he's away.He may a small body, but it’s entirely made of steel so he can shoot a Rocket Punch and also boast at a probably unreasonable level. Lately, he’s been selling Noble Ranks to America and Japan, but he’s still been doing pretty good. He prefers a pleasant internet.Now currently recruiting friends and countries that have recognized him as a country. His hobby is to play football with other nations that haven't been recognized too.
- Adorably Precocious Child: Someday, Sealand will be a huge empire that even that jerk England will bow down to!
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To England.
- Bad Ass: The real Sealand's formation. It was formed when an absolutely batshit insane man, his mercenaries and several hundred 'subjects' stole an aquatic military base from pirate radio broadcaster Ronan O'Reilly and declared it the country of Sealand. Then, when England tried to deal with him through the navy, he fended them off with firearms, gasoline bombs and what his own wikipedia article describes as lunatic strength. From then on, he managed to get his imaginary country declared as a real country by basically shooting anyone who said that it wasn't.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Bratty Half-Pint: Becomes this when he's around England.
- The Cavalry: Attempts this in Paint It White! He gets beat pretty quickly.
- Cheerful Child: The most deluded one ever.
- Has Two Papas: Sweden and Finland, though this is mostly fanon. Only Sweden was seen adopting Sealand; fans just incorporate Finland into the family scheme because of the whole "wife" thing. Admittedly, it is pretty cute.
- Danshigakusei: Fair enough, since it's an English design and he's school age.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Keet: Well, he is a kid, after all.
- Kiddie Kid: His human age is 12.
- Made of Iron: He is literally made of steel. In real life. Fanon agrees that his punches have the same affect.
- More Dakka: Uses these against the aliens in Paint It White! It doesn't work.
- Nice Hat
- Non-Human Sidekick: Was seen with a seagull on a chibi drawing of himself.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Once attended a G8 meeting "disguised" as Canada...wearing a fake Idiot Hair and carrying a teddy bear. He's found out quickly.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse
- Sentai: He loves Sentai and Japan even teaches him how to transform into a Humongous Mecha! His Rocket Punch has to land on poor Latvia, of course.
- Super Strength: He demonstrates this during the Hetalia Bloodbath 2010.
- Verbal Tic: Sealand finishes most of his sentences with "desu yo", which lends his speech an emphatic tone.
Principality of Seborga
So you must be little Wy! Hmmm, maybe I'll hit on you after a couple hundred years go by.
Voiced by: Hiroshi Okamoto (JP), Austin Tindle (EN)A composed and carefree man that was originally an independent nation seated on a hilltop, before it became a part of Italy. When he declared independence, not only was there zero dispute between Italy and Seborga, but even today he still takes his duties, rights and freedoms as an Italian citizen seriously! When Seborga declared independence, Italy was receiving quite a few more tourists than usual, so they thought it'd be a good time for some good business. But not only did the people of Seborga not really want to do business, but the shops opened late and closed early and the people of Seborga continued to enjoy their calm, laid-back lifestyle during this period.
- Big Brother Mentor: To the rest of the Micronations.
- Chivalrous Pervert: As seen in the quote above, he flirts with girls a lot but passes Wy for being too young for him. He still promises to hit on her when She Is All Grown Up.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: If one doesn't consider his introduction where he's stuck in a tree upside-down while ketchup drips from his forehead while still being awfully cheerful strange, then what is?
- Dismotivation: Among all the Micronations he actually could try to be officially independent but... it's just too much work, you know?
- Fun Personified: According to his profile he's "a cheerful, self-proclaimed independent nation seated on a hilltop."
- Idiot Hair: Has one similar to both Italy brothers' curls, but it has a more bent-up appearance as opposed to a smooth spiral.
- As per usual, Himaruya did a nice sketch to let us spot the differences.
- Large Ham Title: "I'm the border-crossing seducer, Seborga!"
- Latin Lover: Word of God says that he's more successful with the ladies compared to Italy and Romano.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Smarter Than You Look: Spends most of his day as spacey and girl-crazy, but he was the only one to notice Ladonia was following them around.
Principality of Wy
Did you think we're buddies? But I'm different from you... I've been re-cog-ni-zed!
Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu (JP), Lindsay Seidel (EN)A mouthy little girl that decided to get her independence when Australia didn't allow "Prince" Paul Delprat have a road built. She was officially accepted and is now busy coming up with an anthem and a flag. She loves art and draws every single day.
- Aloof Little Sister: Somewhat like this to Hutt River.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Implied towards Australia.
- Badass Longcoat: A long pink smock.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: The first girl to sport them!
- Closer to Earth:Wy: Hey, Sealand! Why are all boys so dumb?
- Fiery Red Head: Depending on if you see her hair color as brown or auburn.
- Genre Savvy: Other than being the Only Sane Woman, Wy is prone to hanging lampshades.
- Girlish Pigtails: Has one side pigtail.
- Hair Decorations
- Improbable Weapon User: Fanon sometimes will depict her as using the oversized paintbrush she carries in chibi illustrations as a weapon.
- Little Miss Snarker
- Mouthy Kid
- Non-Human Sidekick: Was seen with a bunny in her first manga appearance. The rabbit is her boss' favourite animal, along with the dolphin.
- Only Sane Woman: See below.
- Plucky Girl
- Pointless Band-Aid: On her forehead.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Looks adorable when wearing a dress in Hetaween 2011.
- Even more so in the micronation group picture linked up there.
- Sleep Cute: Falls asleep after the Halloween event and has to be carried home by Australia.
- Surrounded by Idiots: She outright calls the boys dumb on a few occasions and seems to be the micronation with much common sense.
- Tsundere: She insisted that it was a "coincidence" that she wore the dress Sealand told her to in Hetaween 2011, causing Seborga to comment that she takes after England.
Republic of Kugelmugel
Declaring my independence is...ART!!!!A micronation created by an artist in Austria. His whole country is based on art. Maybe trying to gain independence is another form of art. The braids are art too!
- Beauty Mark: Under his eye.
- Braided Twintails
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: His braids made him look more feminine and confused fans on his true gender.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: During the 2011 Christmas event, Liechtenstein is confused when Germany refers to Kugelmugel as a boy.
- Idiot Hair: It looks like Austria's, since Kugelmugel itself located in Vienna, Austria.
- But sometimes it's hidden◊
- Nice Beret
- Only Six Faces: Even the author acknowledges that he looks like a short◊ Iceland with twintails.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Baumkuchen, but only in fanon. In his first appearance in the manga, he wonders if the dessert can be considered as art.
Republic of Molossia
Sunnovabitch! You formally entered the country?!A mysterious country that lives an isolated life in one of America's inland states, Nevada. He is a very serious young man that is always collecting taxes from America, but he tries really hard to look like a bad guy on the outside. Only 10 people are allowed to go sight see his territory per year.
Voiced by: Kaito Ishikawa (JP), Cris George (EN)
- Coat Cape
- Cool Shades
- Delinquent Hair
- Flipping the Bird: All the time.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Implied, non-sexual and non-romantic example with America according to this new strip.◊ Unlike everybody else, he is so used to see Molossia's Nice Guy side that he is surprised to see the micronation as a Delinquent. Then again, acting tough would be no use since America is way much stronger than him...
- Jerkass Façade: He is a Nice Guy when he is alone, but when you enter his territory...
- Non-Human Sidekick: A dog that oddly looks like an alpaca.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: During his facade.
- Split-Personality Makeover: He goes from regular Nice Guy to Delinquent in seconds when someone walks on his land. He is very embarrassed when his true face is seen and since he became friends with other micronations, which means he gets more visits from them, he gets prepared by changing into his tough-looking self every day.
- Tsundere: He flips Sealand, Seborga and Wy off when they ask him to be their new friend, but runs back to join them as soon as they leave.
Principality of Hutt River
- Paying your respects to me, your senior, is simple etiquette, yes?
Voiced by: Masatomo Nakazawa (JP), David Matranga (EN)
- Annoying Older Sibling: To Wy. See Sempai/Kohai below.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Bishie Sparkle
- Bowties Are Cool: You can see it if you are not too distracted by his cape. Justified because he wears his home's actual royal outfit◊.
- Cool Car: A Rolls-Royce!
- Hair Flip: At least three times in the manga that introduces him: twice when debating over Sealand's proposition to join his group of friends (the flipping-behing-the-ear variant then the tossing-in-the-air one) then another time at the end with the other micronations (again the flipping-behind-the-ear kind). You can conclude hair flipping is a habit of his.
- Idiot Hair: Only one, unlike Australia. With it, his hairstyle looks like a wavy, light brown version of America's.
- Land Down Under: Lampshaded by Wy of all people:Wy: ...Hm? A Rolls-Royce? Incredible clean and organized facilities? A bilby? We're in Australia!
- Non-Human Sidekick: A bilby.
- Pimped-Out Cape: Like the rest of his outfit, it is part of his home's regalia (see link above, not the one about bilbies, the one above it), even though it is, along with the sash, of another colour.
- He even wears it over a swimsuit during the 2011 Christmas event, when he hangs out with Wy, Australia and New Zealand on the beach.
- Purple Is Powerful: When he appears in the (uncoloured) manga that introduced new micronations, Sealand comments on how he "looks like an amazing and important person". Then, at the end, Hima added coloured chibis of every micronation introduced, revealing Hutt's cape being purple, adding to the "amazing and important" effect. He is the first Australian micronation after all and the fact that he is quite developped compared to most micronations in general helps a lot too.
- Pointless Band-Aid: On his right cheek.
- Sempai/Kohai: Subverted. He claims to be Wy's sempai (translated as senior in scanlations), but Wy doesn't pay him much respect (see character quote): she is less than willing to greet him when she goes by his home and she even agrees with Molossia when he calls Hutt River a "lameass bastard". Still, Hutt's ridiculously snobby attitude doesn't help.
- The Rival: Though he is more arrogant than dark, he is apparently one to Wy. She's very peeved when he comes in.
Republic of Nikko Nikko
- A Halloween Party? I certainly would like to go, but I've already withdraw from nation status, so...
Voiced by: Dallas Reid (EN)
- Brought Down to Normal: He voluntarily gave up his status as a micronation to live as a Japanese citizen once more. Word of God says he still represents his micronation, but he ages like a normal person.
- When he shows up in Hetaween 2013, he's grown into an adult with a child of his own...while Sealand and Ladonia haven't changed at all.
- I'm Standing Right Here: Sealand screams in pain after learning he went back to be a Japanese citizen but Wy points out Nikko Nikko is just sitting behind him.
- Noodle Incident: Just how he went from a normal human to a nation in the first place is never explained. Japan is completely bewildered by it.Nikko Nikko: If you believe and try your best, your dreams will come true, won't they, Japan?Japan: What on Earth did you try your best at?!
- Non-Human Sidekick: A weird bird-thing, maybe a chicken?
- Ordinary Middle School Student: Starts as this, and Japan remarks that his going from human to nation is an anomaly.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Ridiculously Average Guy: Has a stable job at Dake hot springsnote and kids after giving up his nation-hood. He also looks older now so he's aging normally. Seems to be working just fine for him.
- Perpetual Smiler: According to his character notes. After all, Nikko Nikko means "smiling" in Japanese.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Radium eggs.Nikko Nikko": This egg is delicious!
- The only one with the power to gather all the micronations is a true blue like me!
Voiced by: Daiki Yamashita (JP), Justin Briner (EN)
- Adorkable: He seems to like Pokémon! So cuuuuuute!
- Badass Adorable: He thinks he's this, because Sweden pretends to be defeated every time he attacks.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Mostly toward Sweden.
- Bowties Are Cool
- Cyberspace: He exists in the internet apparently (and presumably in Sweden).
- Hologram: He has a "physical" form as long as his laptop is on.
- Facial Markings: He has a streak of paint across his right cheek and nose.
- Fiery Red Head: Notable for being the first redhaired character.
- Mouthy Kid
- Nation in a Laptop
- Only Six Faces: Wipe that paint and smirk off his face and he can pass for Latvia. In fact, when he was first introduced and we didn't know which nation he was, some fans called him Badass!Latvia or Seme!Latvia for the time being.
- Lars Vilks, the founder of Ladonia, is part Latvian.
- The Rival: Acts as one toward Sealand, trying to take over as leader of the Micronations, but Sealand doesn't reciprocate at all.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: He was totally not following Sealand and company around, seriously!
- Trademark Favorite Food: His legendary golden apples, he even wears a broach of one.