- Awesome Music: Mick Gordon and Tex Perkin's song, "The Partisan", plays during the credits... and if it doesn't make you want to start up a new game and go fuck some Nazis up, you might not have a soul.
- Broken Base:
- Many critics praised the game's intense firefights, intriguing locations, and the balance between stealth and action. At the same time however, just as many critics disliked the game's story, with most reviewers saying it was the weakest part of the game, and that it is a step back compared to The New Order's story, which was heavily complimented.
- The fact that the game isn't available for XBOX 360 and PS3 has saddened people with only those systems.
- Contested Sequel: Contested Prequel, but still. Some feel this is a bit of a step down, as, for example, the environments weren't nearly as varied as in The New Order.
- Goddamned Bats: Regular enemy foot soldiers are obviously just as manageable here as in The New Order... until the Final Boss battle, during which they storm the inner vault where B.J. is battling the Monstrosity, and instead of firing at the goddamned Eldritch Abomination decide to aggressively pursue B.J. instead. And when you kill them, they are immediately returned to life by the zombie mist and become even harder to kill. It's actually easier to kill them by not shooting them at all and letting the blind Monstrosity flail in the direction of their gunfire to reduce them to Ludicrous Gibs.
- Jerkass Woobie: Rudi Jäger, due having to live under an Abusive Dad and becoming grief-stricken over the loss of his pet dog Greta, who he genuinely loved and tried to avenge her death against B.J. during a Boss Fight, then tearfully stating he'll be reunited with her in death when defeated.
- Play the Game, Skip the Story: See above
- The Woobie: Annette, as she is Jewish and had escaped from going to a concentration death camp, but lost her parents to the Nazis. She also gets mauled by a Kampfhund and had to wear a cast around her arm where the Kampfhund injured her. She is then either killed then turned into a shambler if B.J. saves Kessler, or if she is saved and reunited with her friend, she and her friend will probably have no future as we know in The New Order, the Nazis would win the war.