- Crack Pairing: A popular shipping in the fandom it may be, but realistically, Oscar/Clifford is this. Oscar has so far shown to have a healthy romantic / sexual interest in people around his age, see his one-night-stand at the beginning of chapter 4 and later his fling with Lorelei, his Ship Tease with Sylvia, and his initially a bit flirty behavior towards Eliza, all women visibly older than twenty. There is literally no hint of him being bisexual, and absolutely no reason why he should suddenly be into a sixteen-year-old boy.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Eliza and Darcy quickly grew in the heart of the fans.
- Clifford, however, seems unlikely to budge from his throne as the most popular character.
- Fan Nickname: The fandom has taken to calling Oscar "man-man", which is what the Thunder Children named him to differ him from the "wolf-man".
- Fan-Preferred Couple:
- Oscar/Sylvia, due, in no small part, to the author.
- Oscar/Clifford in the Ho Yay side.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- Lorelei asking Oscar "I hope you didn't hear me singing" appears to be out of embarrassment over being heard singing to herself. A few pages later, it turns out that Lorelei was more worried about unwittingly bewitching someone within earshot and thus essentially brainwashing them into being enticed by her.
- Ship Tease:
- Oscar gets teased with both Sylvia and Clifford, depending on interpretations.
- In Clifford's case he acts like a Tsundere around Oscar, but never gave him his red sweater back. It could be a No Yay if you consider Clifford's vision of Oscar more of a Parental Substitute. Word of God denies teasing this ship, however, and is greatly disturbed by it, understandably.
YMMV / Wilde Life