- Broken Base: The series's fans love the new ideas presented by the Mirror Universe and feel the story potential and characters are great twists on the classics. Non-fans feel the series is a negative example of Running the Asylum, and contains more winks at the franchise than plot.
- Complete Monster: Ultra Magnus was locked up in his universe for trying to usurp Optimus Prime, getting his face ripped off in the process. He and several others travel to earth, where he assimilates numerous Autobots into the Junkion hordes, resulting in them becoming mindless slaves and dead in all but name. After that, he proceeds to set up a plan to take rarified energon from Earth with his sword and destroy it. His plan is foiled when a shield is placed around the Earth, but his real plan was to cause the death of the entire universe. Even the normal Decepticons turned against him, as they wanted to be the conquerors, and were appalled when they realized the extent of the damage.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Thanks to his Ascended Meme status and general adorableness, Ravage gained a lot of fans. Pictures of him waving with variations on his Catchphrase "Can U C me totally waving @ U!!!!!!" are common, and often even people who don't know much about the rest of the continuity will still know all about him, despite him being a very minor character in the actual plot.
- First Installment Wins: Since the original comic is (so far) the only story available outside the fanclub, not only is it the only part of the universe most people know, but many folks also don't even know there were more stories.
- Ho Yay: Starscream's behavior around Megatron tends to vacillate between "fussing mother hen" and "teenage schoolgirl with a crush".
- Iron Woobie: Megatron.
- Memetic Mutation: Ravage is the one waving!
- Unexpected Character: Not Optimus himself, but nobody was expecting Unicron to reformat him into Nova Prime, and especially not this ◊ Nova Prime.
- The Woobie: Sari
YMMV / Transformers: Shattered Glass