- Awesome Music: Both opening themes, "X-encounter" by Maon Kurosaki and "Outgrow" by Gero, as well as the endings, "Kimi ga Emu Yugure" by Yoshino Nanjo and "Break a Spell" by Mami Kawada.
- Broken Base:
- About the series's originality, some like it for its unique take of onmyodo and others dislike it for being essentially Shout-Out after Shout-Out to Teito Monogatari and the rest of "onmyoxplotation" media from The '90s.
- Another disputed matter is if the anime adaptation works well or if it tries to adapt too many arcs of the novel series in is 25 episodes, thus suffering an excessive amount of characters and faction schemings.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Kon/Hishamaru
- Fan Nickname: Natsumoe. Due to cute moments involving her.
- Moe: Kon, full stop. Suzuka as well when she is in a legitimate dere mode or embarrassed.
- Jerkass Woobie: Dairenji Suzuka is a violent Bitch in Sheep's Clothing. Her past is wrought with tragedy having been experimented on by her father even before she was born, and losing her elder brother. Her attempts to revive him drive her near the Despair Event Horizon when she fails. Then she learns her father is Back from the Dead.
- Nightmare Fuel: How some shikigami are formed.
- What an Idiot!: Reiji leaving Shaver, his unstable and psychopathic servant, to guard the people he´s supposed to protect. Judging by how twisted he is, he may have done that on purpose, but he still had the Idiot Ball firmly grabbed if he believed he would not suffer any consequences in the pretty probable case that Shaver ended up butchering them all.
YMMV / Tokyo Ravens