- Angst? What Angst?: Gregor has lost his entire family twice over, but still manages to be cheerful, claiming that he is over it.
- Awesome Art: All of the art in the series is of remarkable quality for being produced by one person, but special mention must go to the art in Episode 100 as the group fights Narn.
- Awesome Ego: Fans of the show tend to love Markus almost as much as he loves himself. Almost.
- Crazy Awesome: Markus, Kyr, Colvin, Batty... Honestly, the list of characters who are anything other than this trope is pretty short.
- Deconstruction: The first few episodes dive right into taking apart some regular elements in a high-fantasy RPG, including level-balanced enemies, event quests, and most new players not being fit for the life of adventure at all (main cast not included).
- Good Is Not Dumb: Gregor is this to the fans who don't see him as Lawful Stupid.
- Iron Woobie: Gregor lost two families, yet still maintains a very positive outlook on life.
- Ashe also has it pretty rough, what with her powers slowly carving away at her, but she never seems to indulge in self-pity over it.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Ashe and Markus have been shipped with just about everyone. In a fandom this small, that says something.
- Gregor seems to be heading to this point.
- Lawful Stupid: Some fans see Gregor as this.
- Never Live It Down: Gregor simply will not forget how Ashe dealt with Charoth.
- No one will ever let Ashe forget that time she stabbed a few guards in the neck.
- Nightmare Fuel: The monster in the Prison of Lights is terrifying.
- Ugly Cute: Charoth and Markus' imps.
YMMV / Thrilling Intent