- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Penelope a Hidden Badass Action Girl beneath that Wide Eyed Idealism, or is she just a Dumb Blonde who's Too Dumb to Live?
- Draco in Leather Pants: The Hooded Claw has his share of fans who are willing to overlook the fact that he's attempting to murder his charge and steal her money, and insists on doing it the most slow and elaborate manner possible too.
- Fair for Its Day: Considering that the show's premise revolves around a woman being constantly put in peril, it's surprisingly progressive that Penelope frequently saves herself without the assistance of the Ant Hill Mob or that circumstances switch roles so that the Ant Hill Mob are the ones in danger and that Penelope is the one who saves their lives.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Despite its short run, it remains popular in the United Kingdom to this day.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Who did you expect? Dick Dastardly?" That line from "Jungle Jeopardy" sounds even funnier when one knows there were plans to include Dastardly and Muttley in that series.
- Iron Woobie: Penelope is surprisingly chirpy and nonchalant about being put into a ceaseless supply of lethal and humiliating booby traps Once per Episode.
- Just Here for Godzilla: A few people watch the show only for the Hooded Claw and his Rube Goldberg Device death traps.
- Rooting for the Empire: There's a decent number of people who wanted the Hooded Claw to kill Penelope and take her fortune. Of course, it helps that he:
YMMV / The Perils of Penelope Pitstop