- Harsher in Hindsight: Watching Spencer and Heidi live this seemingly lavish lifestyle, knowing that years later they would reveal they were actually broke. Though depending how you feel about them, it could border into Hilarious in Hindsight.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Montag" was the name of the protagonist in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, a man who works for the government in destroying books because they get in the way of the vapid media culture that's taken over society.
- Memetic Mutation: Tons of examples.
- "You know why I'm mad at you, you know what you did!"
- "Now Lauren will always be known as the girl who didn't go to Paris"
- Justin Bobby. The man so great he needed two names.
- "It's so weird how all of this is happening when Lauren is gone"
- The mascara tears, you know the one.
- Narm: Take your pick.
- An early highlight was Lauren's "He's a sucky person! A sucky person!" quote, said during a moment of sadness and anger.
- Heidi's sadness when her boss tells her that everyone will get to go to Vegas except her. It's likely that many people were laughing at her instead.
- Heidi's mother's reaction to her new face, and Heidi's breakdown afterwards.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: "Speidi" for Spencer and Heidi.
- Replacement Scrappy: It remains to be seen if Kristin will be this for Lauren.
- The Scrappy: Spencer and Heidi, but especially Spencer. Although some fans love to hate them.
- Most of the later characters who came into the show.
- Seasonal Rot: many fans quit watching the show after Lauren leaves, though some feel the show went downhill even earlier, when Whitney left.
- Uncanny Valley: Heidi went careening into this after her plastic surgery spree.
- Viewers Are Goldfish: The caption saying who the character onscreen is. It appears whenever the character enters, regardless of how many times the character has already appeared in the episode. As if you weren't already aware that Spencer was Heidi's boyfriend from the last 2 times you've been told today....
YMMV / The Hills