- Critical Research Failure / Mis-blamed:
- Mendo's review of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World has him calling out Bryan Lee O Malley for the microchip in the back of Ramona's had being an Ass Pull, even though that was unique to the movie and never happened in the comics. This wouldn't be critical, save for the fact that Mendo explicity says that he researched the comics.
- Michael Novelli's recap of It's a Wonderful Life blames Mary for wishing for George to never leave Bedford Falls, causing him crushed hope and tragedy every time he gets a chance. Mary never wished for George to never leave town, she wished for them to be together. Novelli also blames her for giving away their honeymoon money when George is the one to hand it out willingly.
- Fan Hater: Ryan Lohner dislikes, and some of the commenters loathe, bronies.
- Follow the Leader / Network Decay: What was once a site for reading in-depth (and hilarious) recaps of bad movies, has now become a That Guy with the Glasses clone with (generally less entertaining) video reviews.
- Franchise Zombie: A good way to get depressed is to look through old Team Agony Booth reviews and see how many people have ceased activity. And now, another is finding that the older recaps are only accessible after a Patreon donation.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In the recap of Leonard Part 6, Dr. Winston O'Boogie writes "Leonard pulls out his sparkly wiener. Im talking about the one that the nurse gave him, you deviants. Though I have heard rumors that Bill Cosbys genitals really shimmer if you look at them in the right light." This has become uncomfortable thanks to Cosby's rape allegations since 2014.
- He Panned It, Now He Sucks!: A few people have been disappointed to find recaps of Mamma Mia! and Repo! The Genetic Opera. Probably applies to a few other movies too.
- In a combination of this Hype Backlash by recapper Albert Walker, there's the recap for (500) Days of Summer.
- The Wily Badger's recap of TRON: Legacy hasn't gotten the best response either.
- Really, whenever they recap a movie that people actually like, it sparks some disappointment and anger among readers (the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World recap and most of those listed above being prime examples).
- Network Decay: The sheer number of video series means that the recaps the site used to be known for are actually hard to find now (they don't have their own section or even a hashtag), and many of the people who wrote them no longer contribute. They started being made again in late 2015, although they're still buried.
- Old text recaps are now effectively locked behind a paywall; you can only read them if you donate $5 or more to their Patreon.
- So Okay, It's Average: Ryan says it about My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic; he thinks it's a decent show that's been terribly overhyped. And then notes that this will probably still get the bronies screaming for his head.
- We're Still Relevant, Dammit!: Switching to video reviews over written reviews. Compounded by how before they gave up trying to switch entirely to being a video review site, if a reader tried to read one of the old text recaps there would be pop-ups begging them to go watch the videos instead. This was basically the deathblow to their relevance with the original fanbase.
YMMV / The Agony Booth