- Complete Monster: Dr. Sadler is an amoral biologist who seeks to become the world's greatest fighter. To accomplish this, he has skilled fighters brought to his island and painfully drained of their power to supply him, leaving each fighter an Empty Shell. He takes particular interest in Ryu, whom he lures to the island with other fighters by having a boy named Shun pretend to be Ryu's younger brother. At the island, he unsuccessfully attempts to drain the fighter Birdie of his power, before goading Ryu into using a powerful attack on his android henchman, Rosanov, which turns him into a powerful fighter. In his new form, he beats Ryu down until Ryu manages to kill him with a Shinku Hadoken.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A main villain in a Capcom property named Sadler, who technically is small time in the grand scheme of things.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Shun's violent beatdown on the thugs, his Creepy Child behavior when Ryu finds him in Sadler's lab, and most of all, activating the Satsui no Hadou during his fight against Zangief, complete with a demonic scream mixed with a child's voice.
- The whole climax of the movie plays out like a slasher, as the heroes are sadistically beaten down by an Invincible Villain. Additionally, Birdie is hooked up to a horrifying machine that is made to suck him dry.
- The Scrappy: Both Dr. Sadler and Rosanov. Despite the movie hyping Akuma as the main villain, he ends up taking a backseat when these Canon Foreigner villains hijack the plot. The fact that they are both very generic villains whose only purpose was to Worf everyone but Ryu (and even he takes a beating for much of the fight) only made them even more despised.
- Tear Jerker: For all of his Creepy Child behavior, Shun's death in his "brother" Ryu's embrace is depressing.