- Awesome Music:
- Many fans admit to not skipping the opening song when watching the series, thanks to the energetic and catchy lyrics:Please Muscle! I want to be popular!
Please Muscle! I want to be thin, Yes!
Please Muscle! Because I want to be popular!
Oh! (It's Beautiful) Ha! (It's Beautiful) I want Muscles!
- Each of Machio's training lessons are always preceded by his voice actor gleefully singing "Machio's muscle lesson of the day", as an appetizer for an entertaining and educational bodybuilding lesson.
- Many fans admit to not skipping the opening song when watching the series, thanks to the energetic and catchy lyrics:
- Friendly Fandoms: People who tend to read Dumbells also are very fond of Kengan Ashura, made by the same author and even being part of a shared universe.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The ED takes cues from "Macho Man".
- Superlative Dubbing: The dub features great performances from Madeleine Morris' take as Hibiki to Ian Sinclair's delightful narration.
- Woolseyism: Like many of Funimation's comedic dubs, this one doesn't shy away from clever wordplay or script changes.
YMMV / How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?