- Awesome Music: L-GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIM!
- Complete Monster: Emperor Oldna Poseidal built the forces of the Poseidal Empire until he launched a brutal campaign of conquest and extermination to enslave or destroy all in his path. Exterminating his old enemies the Yaman Clan, save for a few members, Poseidal sets up a brutal dictatorship, using his former lover as a proxy Poseidal by brainwashing her and having her commit atrocities in his name, with torture, murder and extermination being commonplace. Taking the identity of Arms Dealer Amandara Kamandara, Poseidal supplies weapons to both sides to keep the conflict going, making it even bloodier, so he can remain in power. When he reveals himself at the end, Poseidal gleefully attempts to annihilate all rebel forces, uncaring that this will kill many of his own soldiers as well.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: Emperor Posseydal. It takes a special kind of person to wear curtain-rods as epaulets.
- Foe Yay: Daba and Gavlet. So much. Leccee and Amu alternate between slight Les Yay and Cat Fights bordering on Foe Yay from time to time...
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This wouldn't be the last time Hochu Otsuka would be involved with a series with "Gaim" in it's title.
- Spiritual Licensee: The Five Star Stories is essentially a comic prequelnote to Heavy Metal L-Gaim.
YMMV / Heavy Metal L-Gaim