- Alternative Character Interpretation: After the "slave auction", Martin is about to take Caroline out for a meal and, panicking, asks Mac for advice. Mac says Martin should try being more assertive and less nice, as Caroline mostly just views Martin as a friend, while Guy acts like a scumbag most of the time and is still popular enough with women. Though this is fairly straightforward advice, Martin of course messes it up massively...but did Mac know that he would and did he give Martin said advice because he was trying to sabotage his date with Caroline?
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Most of the show, to be fair, but one episode stands out when Sue White is seen riding a camel, without any context to it, for about three seconds before swapping back to the previous scene.
- on a previous occasion Sue had gotten a camel for the kids wing of the hospital. Presumably she couldn't get rid of it after. Maybe it's kept in the same place as Mac's bike. Really, it's the very least strange thing in the show.
- Crosses the Line Twice: One episode has Guy lying his ass off to Emmy (a sort-of girlfriend to Mac) about his mother's death, when really he can't remember the incident. She is moved to tears and he asks her for a drink. After she leaves, Guy remarks, "Nice! Must try that again on someone with smaller teeth."
- Fridge Brilliance: What's the song that Guy is singing in the opening of the first series finale? "Stayin' Alive" by The Bee Gees, of course. And how does that song go? "Whether you're a mother or whether you're a brother"? Genius.
- Ho Yay: Sexual tension between Boyce and Dr. Statham grows more and more throughout the series, climaxing in a drunken night at a restaurant together after the slave auction, where they wake up naked in bed, sucking each other's thumbs.
- Boyce: Dr. Statham, are you serenading me with Lionel Richie?
- Also between Mac and Guy, but played for laughs and heavily lampshaded, such as Mac's hallucination where they wrestle in front of a fire a la Rupert and Gerald of Women In Love. And, of course, the scene where Mac is taking a new job elsewhere, and they pick who they'd be in Top Gun and then discuss the homoeroticism of that film.
- Guy knows how big Mac's penis is because "I watch him when he showers".
- Mr. Fanservice: Mac and Boyce.
- Retroactive Recognition: John Oliver has a bit part as a car salesman in the first episode.
- Squick: Among many examples, Dr. Statham eating a gall bladder mid-operation and Guy accidentally having sex with his own mother. Also, near the end of Season 2, Alan drinks Joanna's urine. (He was pretending it was apple juice.)
- Guy convinces Martin to drink his piss in one episode. It wasn't actually his- he got it from the path lab. Corpse juice.
- The Woobie: Martin.
- Caroline, arguably. She constantly overhears people talking about her, she's in a Love Triangle between herself, Guy and Mac, which provokes the wrath of Sue White. Angela uses Caroline to feel better about herself and she is sleeping in her car during the first season.
- Harriet. Stuck in an unhappy marriage with four boys (one of whom is an Enfante Terrible) and he husband cheats on her. When she has an affair with Lyndon (who genuinely seems to like and have feelings for her), Ian throws her out of the house and Harriet ends the affair because she doesn't want to hurt her children.
- Jerkass Woobie: Guy, especially after he accidentally sleeps with his own mother. Also when he's found crying after he's reminded of his lonely boarding school days.
- Joanna gets a brief turn at being this after Lyndon calls her "disturbing, tedious and desperate."
YMMV / Green Wing