- Awesome Art: The one uncontroversial thing about the series is its very well-done artwork.
- Broken Base: Many viewers accuse the series of pandering to Netorare fans, even though other viewers point out that the perceived infidelity has more to do with characters awakening their original memories, not to mentions that the only time it ACTUALLY happens is Played for Laughs near the very end of the series.
- Best Known for the Fanservice: The series is filled with Fanservice Characters.
- Cliché Storm: The general consensus is that the series nothing ground-breaking, but the Awesome Art and the interesting fighting style of the main character still makes it enjoyable.
- Evil Is Sexy: Where to begin?
- Chrome is a textbook example of a Dark Action Girl and wears very, very little clothing.
- Taiga while possessing Itsuki. At that point, he is basically an incredibly buff teenager with a handsome face complimented with a cooler hairstyle whose majority of screen time is the epitome of Evil Is Cool. It got to the point that some people argued that he'd make a better protagonist.
- Subverted with Hayato, as he is revealed to have been Good All Along, even if in an anti-heroic way.
- Lionel VI, who fulfills the criteria both for the Bara Genre fans and the Furry Fandom.
- Really, basically every named vampire fits this.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Literally everything about Taiga after chapter 89.
- Ho Yay: Given that that Hayato and Itsuki treat each other as the Best Friend, and were shown to be a bit intimate while hunting (especially Hayato who is somewhat touchy feely toward Itsuki, who in turn doesn't mind it at all), this made many people question the sexual orientations of the duo.
- Hayato's death scene is loaded with this, including Manly Tears and flowers in the background, all while Itsuki is hugging him.
- Moral Event Horizon: Taiga crossed it not once, but twice:
- The first one was when he prevented the suppression of The Virus due to his own selfish motives.
- The second one was his absolutely abusive treatment of Shirley, Itsuki and Shizuka. Made all the more disturbing by the fact that, prior to the reveal of Taiga's real colors, he gave of an atmosphere of genuine affection, all of which turned out to be a facade.
- Nightmare Fuel: Any and every vampiric animal is this.
YMMV / Aka Akatoretachi no Monogatari