- Archive Binge: It has 522 episodes (excluding the two predecessors) as of 2018 and is still going strong. Those watching on video sharing services might find it hard to stop.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment:
- In episode 266, Maeda Ami comments that Okada Nana is so serious it's bad for her body. In mid-2016, 3 years after that episode was aired, Naachan had to take a 3-week hiatus due to stress, and later confessed that she had suffered from hypoglycemia and bulimia since late 2015.note
- In episode 374, NGT's Yamaguchi Maho's palm reading indicates that she's a lewd woman prone to having affairs. Three years later in 2019, she revealed that she was assaulted in front of her apartment by several men implied to be the secret boyfriends of other NGT members, after which she criticized the management for enabling the incident by their lax enforcement of the dating ban.note
- The aftermath of this incident is that the Senbatsu Election would not be held in 2019. In episode 508, which discusses the members who ranked out in the 2018 election, comedian and AKB fan Kotoge of the comedy duo Viking predicted that those members would not be there in future ranked-out episodes.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In episode 253, Takahashi Juri is struck down by HKT's Tanaka Natsumi's trash talk saying Juri has no popularity. The next year, she started becoming a regular selection for the singles, and three years later in 2016, Juri entered the elected Senbatsu and has been in it every year since. She also achieved moderate popularity in Korea in 2018 thanks to her participation in Produce48, and would graduate from AKB in 2019 to make her K-pop debut.
- The first Detective Conan live-action movie has Oguri Shun playing Kudo Shinichi. In the 2018 Halloween episodes, Oguri Yui cosplayed as Conan.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Since it is only broadcasted in Japan, overseas fans rely on fansubbed bootlegs to enjoy the show. Thankfully, Nippon TV is relatively lax in copyright claiming clips from the show on YouTube.
- Memetic Mutation: Clips of the Iki-Sumo muchaburi, where a cooked cicada or cricket is put in a horizontal glass tube and two girls blow into opposite ends of the tube to push the bug into each other's mouths, have circulated worldwide as yet another example of Japanese game show insanity; this fact has even been acknowledged with pride in the show. They also mentioned that some media outlets misidentified the insect as a cockroach, which of course made it even Squickier than it really was (cicadas and grasshoppers are normal food in many parts of Asia).
- Seasonal Rot: Due to the very nature of AKB48, the cast of the show change as members join and leave the group. Many fans of the early generations find it hard to continue enjoying the show as their favorite members graduated and new ones started taking over; one fan even admitted going into depression over this. Woman Rush Hour's more Jerkass approach was also met with disapproval from some.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: After changing hosts to Woman Rush Hour, the show has more talking than games with the host directing the conversation. Some fans prefer the old segment-centric format while according to some others it's necessary for the hosts to take charge since the newer generations are more passive than their seniors. However, since 2018, they've started to bring back the old games.
- Values Dissonance: Blackface has been employed a few times in earlier episodes, although years later the girls discuss that it is no longer acceptable. A muchaburi in episode 108 involves the controversial (and potentially deadly) practice of eating freshly chopped tentacles of a live octopus, known as san-nakji, and the chef is shown chopping the tentacles on camera for Sashihara Rino to eat.
YMMV / AKBingo!