Touché, Pussy Cat! is a 1954 animated short film (6 1/2 minutes) directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera.
It is a Tom and Jerry short. Jerry is a "Mouseketeer". He receives the young son of his friend François Mouse (the little kid gray mouse referred to in other Tom and Jerry shorts as "Nibbles" or "Tuffy"), along with a letter from François asking Jerry to train Nibbles as a Mouseketeer. Nibbles proves a pretty poor student, slashing up Jerry's house and nearly getting the two of them killed by Tom, who is a rival Royal Guardsman. But later, when Tom ambushes Jerry in the street, Nibbles saves the day.
A quasi-prequel to "The Two Mouseketeers", another Tom and Jerry cartoon with Jerry and Nibbles as Mousketeers and Tom as their rival.
- Alcohol Hic: Happens to Nibbles after he whacks open a wine cask to stop Tom, and is then carried down the alley in a flood of wine.
- Bilingual Bonus: All of Nibbles' lines are in French.
- Bloodless Carnage: A hallmark of Tom and Jerry short, and an extreme example in this one, where there's no blood after Tom is chopped in half by an axe.
- Comedic Underwear Exposure: Tom's tunic flips up to reveal he wears frilly purple underwear.
- Comedic Spanking: Ends with Jerry giving Nibbles a spanking after Nibbles stabs him in the butt again.
- Excited Show Title!: "Touché, Pussy Cat!"
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Tom is sliced neatly in half lengthwise after Jerry tips over an axe.
- Mustache Vandalism: Nibbles using an artist brush to paint a caricature of Tom on a wall. When Nibbles realizes that Tom is glaring at him, Nibbles paints spectacles and a mustache on Tom's face.
- Puddle-Covering Chivalry: Jerry falls face-first into a puddle. When a lady mouse shows up, Nibbles flips Jerry's cape over his head. The lady mouse then avoids the puddle by walking over the cape and over Jerry.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Jerry and Nibbles meet two different lady mice with the long eyelashes that are cartoon code for "female".
- Title Drop: Nibbles says "Touché, pussy cat!" to Tom a couple of times, like when he lops off the tip of Tom's tail.